Forget the hate. Watch this and remember He is this person. Still. And always

Sunny Money
Runny Honey

Turkey Lurky

Screenshot-2023-08-28-at-08.55.37.png

Looking at a turkey in Turkey makes me hungry in Hungary which in turn makes me grumpily smash my china in China.

... ok, I'll show myself out of this thread now. Bye.

Being depressed and feeling maladjusted since childhood takes its toll on a person. Add to that betrayals (real or perceived), profound losses and countless disappointments and you’ll probably end up pretty f***ed up and far from who you were when you were in your 20s.

I don’t really like who he’s become (or seem to have become) nor do I like what it’s done to his art, but I can understand why the situation is what it is.
I think there are points in every person's life that change them and make it impossible to go back.
For Morrissey? Losing The Smiths, losing the court case, losing his Mum - three emotional tidal waves that changed everything after them, changed his whole life. I don't think the criticism and public mauling of the past few years is something he's going to forget, either. "Balancing life's riches against the ditches and the flat, grey years in between."

Sunny Money
Runny Honey

81aPSPx6qNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

172203_0_LG.jpg

59394011_59394011_1_1649232599000_1280x1280.jpg
a cultural event will be held in our district library. I can speak with the administration to organize a Morrissey concert for older children and pensioners. and people are happy, and Morrissey will have the opportunity to support his pants. for some reason they keep dropping off :brows:

a cultural event will be held in our district library. I can speak with the administration to organize a Morrissey concert for older children and pensioners. and people are happy, and Morrissey will have the opportunity to support his pants. for some reason they keep dropping off :brows:

The pensioners need all the excitement they can get.
Don't think they'll mind the pants droppin'.
🧐

Yes. But you are here. Why? Because of what he is now? No. Because of what he was then.
bit late i am but yes! I got into morrissey through the smiths but i choose his solo stuff, old and new, over the smiths. Not to say that the smiths are bad or worse because I adore them as well, but I would choose "you are the quarry" over lets say..."strangeways"

I think what OP is trying to say is, he is still the same person... LITERALLY... obviously. He's mind and soul has been walking around in the same body for 60-whatever years. Old Morrissey is in there and will always be in there.. a bit. Personality morphs and warps over time. There are plenty of things I don't do or think anymore from even 15 years ago. But there are pieces of my old self still floating around inside of me, but those pieces are just more.. developed. I've learned a lot in those 15 years, through force and through choice.. 'tis life!!!

Hmm, even explaining feels incomplete.. but I do feel what OP is trying to say, I think..... He's not saying "he's still the same old Moz!!" Which is not true, and yet it.. is...... In ways...

"Well this is true, and yet it's false..."
Oh, and did I ever tell you, by the way, I never did like your face?

Oh it's all speculation anyway. None of us really actually know him. 😚

IMG_20240120_064808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom