Do you think that Morrissey would like you?

wesley2.jpg

Wesley Crusher....die, die, die!

alainsane said:
Wesley Crusher....die, die, die!

I'll have you know that Wesley was the object of desire of every teen nerd-girl back in the late 80's.

guys hate him because they can't see WHY a girl would choose Wesley Crusher over them. yes, being ignored in favor of Wesley Crusher must be a blow to the ego. I can almost hear them say "at least choose a guy in a band or a guy with good pecs so i can at least understand why this same woman won't give me the time of day."

I'm going to go with the general consensus and say that I'm not sure. Speaking hypothetically, if I were to come across him and have the opportunity to speak to him for longer than five seconds (and feel comfortable/not nervous doing so), goodness knows what he'd think. I'm quite introverted by nature, and while I'm sure he'd identify with that, he might find me terribly boring, who knows.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so worried about not being a veggie? Would you go up to him saying: "Hi, my name is X and I am a meat eater"??? Or afraid that he'd smell it on you?:p

I dunno about meeting Morrissey. I'd probably be too intimidated and say silly things and giggle. Having learned my lesson, I never left an impression on anyone...:(

Musings said:
This man couldn't have been more gracious, kind, and generous

Exactly. When I met him, even though he had to be somewhere else (a car was waiting for him), he stopped to talk for about ten minutes, and even asked me questions. (One of which, when he found out my name, was "Do you live at ...?" - he knew where I lived, presumably from letters I had sent him over the years! Wow!) And at the end he hugged me (tight and strong, with his hand patting my back), without my having made a move to do so.

In person he is really very warm and friendly.

spectral hand said:
Exactly. When I met him, even though he had to be somewhere else (a car was waiting for him), he stopped to talk for about ten minutes, and even asked me questions. (One of which, when he found out my name, was "Do you live at ...?" - he knew where I lived, presumably from letters I had sent him over the years! Wow!) And at the end he hugged me (tight and strong, with his hand patting my back), without my having made a move to do so.

In person he is really very warm and friendly.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us.

I would like to think so, but I can't imagine that I will ever meet him. I thought I saw him outside the corn exchange in Manchester in 1992, which would have been an ideal place to say hello (rather than before or after a gig when he is busy) in fact I almost crashed my mini metro (terrible car) because my eyes weren't on the road. But if it had been him, and if i had got out to say hello, I probably would have been lost for words entirely or said something silly which I would later dwell on for eternity ;)

We have similarities, but then we have extreme differences which could a)lead to an interesting conversation or b) lead to a quick exit on his part.

Hopefully one day I will get the chance to find out!

If I like randomly sat next to him on the plane or something and didn't know who he was (so I was relaxed, uninhibited, and not tongue-tied - ie, my "normal" self) and a conversation just spontaneously started, I do think he would like my personality since I tend to like banter and seems to me he might like it too

However, this is all very hypothetical since I would know who he is if I sat down next to him, and I could easily be all babble, probably not capable of stringing two words together (empathize with Bride of Chucky!!), and he might grow uncomfortable quite rapidly. SIGH

i would probably best his best friend.

i like arsenal and my culture has the same respect for animals. i do not have a grievance with the smiths though so maybe he will hate me ?:confused:

If I ever saw Morrissey in the street my natural reaction would be to run in the opposite direction and hide until he'd gone away and then regret it and torture myself about it forever.

Oh my god said:
How gay is Wesley?
not that I have a problem with that...
:D
ps:Who is Morrissey?
Is not that there's anythin wrong with it :D

This seemed like such a good thread - since the last post there have been many new users to the boards so I wonder if many more people have any new thoughts?

Great post!

I think it depends whether it's just 5 mins after a gig or you're sat next to him on a plane or something - if it's the former, well, then it seems that he's a nice guy - wouldn't you be if you knew that meeting you would make someone's decade worthwhile? Also, as someone said, he's really the fan's idol, so to speak, because he's been a hardcore fan himself.

If it's the latter, then I think it's kind of hard to get past the fact that you know all these things about him and completely adore him, and he knows nothing about you. Weird grounds for a friendship. Personally, I think I'd have to either work with/for him (yes, please!) or know someone he knows for him to want to talk to me outside the fan-idol spectrum. After all, how often do rich middle-aged English vegetarians befriend 20-year old Danish students?

Not often enough.

I might have missed the reason for the introduction of the Wesley Crusher Hate-A-Thon but just for the record, Wil Wheaton is a good guy, smart and likeable. I know "Wesley" is merely a character but it's tough to see the poor actor's face as a locus of ridicule. Carry on.

He'd feel sorry for me and I'd sense it and I'd die a piece a minute til I popped my clogs many years from now.

I hope I never meet him.

:)

Back
Top Bottom