Morrissey Central "DAVID SOUL, RIP." (January 6, 2024)

DAVID SOUL, RIP.

c57e9741f27304d5a5852f7eb44c66aa2e249b92.jpg

As per Book Of Condolence thread yesterday.
FWD.

I just found out he sang Don’t Give Up On Us.
Another one of those stars from your childhood that seemed to keep making surprise reappearances over the years. S&H success followed with his subsequent music hits, then arriving to continue acting here in the UK.
The thing that surprised me most was his early success as the Covered Man mystery masked singer, and the career dive when he revealed who he was. I think these career downturns and the domestic issues took their toll. But it was great to see him appear on telly plugging the latest show. He even good-humouredly joined Frank Sidebottom for some bizarre madness.

RIP

Another one of those stars from your childhood that seemed to keep making surprise reappearances over the years. S&H success followed with his subsequent music hits, then arriving to continue acting here in the UK.
The thing that surprised me most was his early success as the Covered Man mystery masked singer, and the career dive when he revealed who he was. I think these career downturns and the domestic issues took their toll. But it was great to see him appear on telly plugging the latest show. He even good-humouredly joined Frank Sidebottom for some bizarre madness.

RIP

I forgot about the Covered Man stuff! It's hard for a novelty act to get credibility, so he did well.

Edit: to save searching

I don't know if this was released in the UK??????

Last edited:
I forgot about the Covered Man stuff! It's hard for a novelty act to get credibility, so he did well.

Edit: to save searching

I don't know if this was released in the UK??????

I'd never heard of "The Covered Man" till now. I did have the LP "Playing to an Audience of One"...Silver Lady and This time I'm going in with my Eyes open

My better half loves him, still. Been playing Playing to an Audience of One lp today while taking the Christmas decorations down.
He was also in Salems Lot which is one of the scariest films ever.

DAVID SOUL, RIP.

View attachment 100160

As per Book Of Condolence

DAVID SOUL, RIP.

View attachment 100160

As per Book Of Condolence thread yesterday.
FWD.
Salem's Lot absolute classic.

Glad Moz mentioned David's passing. I always loved David Soul, from Magnum Force and Starsky & Hutch but mainly because he was the good guy Ben Mears in 'Salem's Lot, a late 70's TV two parter that scared kids half to death. I have the Hutch action figure up where I play records. I bought it with my communion money around 1979. I saw David in Death Trap play around 2002. Tonight I'm playing the 'Salem's Lot soundtrack LP.

R.I.P. David Soul. Don't give up on us.

Screenshot_20231226_215810_Photos.jpg

It's the head-crack in the kitchen by the Master that does it for me. Or the bit just before when he rises from a rag on the floor
When I saw that scene as a young child I was scared, but was terrified when Barlow the vampire master grabbed the priest's crucifix and broke it. Scared the bejaysuz out of me.

This thread has got me googling “how to use as per correctly” on a Saturday night.

Glad Moz mentioned David's passing. I always loved David Soul, from Magnum Force and Starsky & Hutch but mainly because he was the good guy Ben Mears in 'Salem's Lot, a late 70's TV two parter that scared kids half to death. I have the Hutch action figure up where I play records. I bought it with my communion money around 1979. I saw David in Death Trap play around 2002. Tonight I'm playing the 'Salem's Lot soundtrack LP.

R.I.P. David Soul. Don't give up on us.

View attachment 100171
Is that a Record Store Day release Acton?, the sleeve is fantastic. Got hold of a black and white marbled vinyl soundtrack to The Bride of Frankenstein a couple of years back, great music from the 30s on there.

Is that a Record Store Day release Acton?, the sleeve is fantastic. Got hold of a black and white marbled vinyl soundtrack to The Bride of Frankenstein a couple of years back, great music from the 30s on there.
I got it from Waxwork Records a few years ago. I don't think it was RSD. It's a lovely 2LP.

Screenshot_20240106_220748_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom