Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre (Oct. 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / How Soon Is Now? / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
If you are saying as a guitarist you don't play a wrong note especially when you are new to a lineup, learning the songs, how you wish to imprint them then I would say you are not a professional guitarist trying to earn a living from it. Morrissey has had some extraordinary guitar payers throughout the years and even the great Vini Reilly plays a note wrong ever so often. Carmen is another in a long line of top notch Morrissey guitar players by any measure.

I not a huge fan of music schools because they are too expensive for what you get, but you are out of your mind to equate being a graduate of the Berklee School of Music with a Business Management degree and being a classically trained pianist as sterile. I don't find anything sterile about Erik Satie. The girl is trying to earn a living from music after all.

I don't know anything about the bass player and he probably is not an Andy Rourke, but he seems to hold the band down pretty well. Also, it seems kinda cool to have a Columbian bass player from a different part of the world.

The drummer is a Korean guy from LA and is a Black Belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He is touring the world to support himself and his family. Like Ringo he is neither a good or bad drummer, but he keeps perfect time.

I have not been to any of the shows, but most people find the band and Morrissey in top form.

Peace and Love

Peace and Love

Bit harsh on Brendan. I think he’s the one member of the current line-up that excels himself and wouldn’t be out of place in any company.

Bit harsh on Brendan. I think he’s the one member of the current line-up that excels himself and wouldn’t be out of place in any company.
I put him in the same category as Ringo Starr one of the greatest drummers to ever live. But, I agree with you 100% he is excellent and would be an great drummer in any band. Oh, and he keeps perfect time which is the gold standard by which drummers are measured unless of course you are Keith Moon :)

If you are saying as a guitarist you don't play a wrong note especially when you are new to a lineup, learning the songs, how you wish to imprint them then I would say you are not a professional guitarist trying to earn a living from it. Morrissey has had some extraordinary guitar payers throughout the years and even the great Vini Reilly plays a note wrong ever so often. Carmen is another in a long line of top notch Morrissey guitar players by any measure.

I not a huge fan of music schools because they are too expensive for what you get, but you are out of your mind to equate being a graduate of the Berklee School of Music with a Business Management degree and being a classically trained pianist as sterile. I don't find anything sterile about Erik Satie. The girl is trying to earn a living from music after all.

I don't know anything about the bass player and he probably is not an Andy Rourke, but he seems to hold the band down pretty well. Also, it seems kinda cool to have a Columbian bass player from a different part of the world.

The drummer is a Korean guy from LA and is a Black Belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He is touring the world to support himself and his family. Like Ringo he is neither a good or bad drummer, but he keeps perfect time.

I have not been to any of the shows, but most people find the band and Morrissey in top form.

Peace and Love

Peace and Love

Camila Grey is featured singer for this Dhani Harrison track

I can't believe after 40 years Morrissey doesn't have real guitar players in the band.
what the heck happened? I guess that is why he can't get a label to release his albums.
When the hell is the setlist gonna change?

It's nice to see the band posting here.
I know right ! haha!:ROFLMAO:

Anonymous is trying way to heard to sell us on the idea of "how good" this mediocre band line up is!
Nobody has ever heard of the new Blonde "guitar player" and could care less how long of a resume you are trying to create for them.

Its just terrible mediocre playing with no original tone or flair!
Alain Whyte, Boz or even Johnny Marr they will never be!!

The concert was perfect to me. Morrissey was in a great mood and his voice sounded so good. How Soon is Now was unbelievable. When he played Half a Person he kind of acted it out like fixing his hair maybe? The keyboard /Camila did a dramatic almost classical music intro to Everyday is Like Sunday then Morrissey took over . Jack the Ripper and Speedway were the showstoppers in my opinion. Overall I could not have asked this amazing man to deliver anything better . I walked away on cloud 9!!!!

It really is nice to see the band posting here.
haha:rofl: jesse is the main reason the band is so mediocre. he is not very good at all.

...and I'm not a lOOser.. I'm a Wiener!:laughing:

Peace and Love

Peace and Love

So sorry that you compared Satie with this cookie-cutter band. It's ok to be classically trained but there's not one Berklee graduate that can move people to the core.

Also I do not defend previous band members. But you can mess up a note with grace. Or prove you suck with your shiny Fender Cobain knockoff guitar.

So sorry that you compared Satie with this cookie-cutter band. It's ok to be classically trained but there's not one Berklee graduate that can move people to the core.

Also I do not defend previous band members. But you can mess up a note with grace. Or prove you suck with your shiny Fender Cobain knockoff guitar.
Ok I give up you win. All music students from Berklee, past, present, and future have wasted their time advancing their abilities and in fact the school has sucked the life blood out of their ability to feel music and both Jeff Beck and Morrissey have bad tastes in guitarists and Morrissey should have picked someone else when Alain left the band and the people that are posting that they had a wonderful night at the gigs and the band sounds great are all delusional.

Sadly, music schools cost way too much for what you get out of them as is the case with most university degrees these day. But, one great aspect of a music school like (Berklee) is you can hang out and play guitar with guest lectures / instructors like Ron Carter. For sure learning bass from Ron Carter is going to teach you how to feel emotion in each and every note. Gillian Welch is a graduate of Berklee and David Rawlings is one of the best guitars players on the plant. It's not a bad thing that Morrissey's keyboard player is a graduate of Berklee or that she is a classically trained pianist. Of, course none of this matters to most people anyway so just saying. Viva Morrissey for the remaining dates of the tour. Cheers.

Ok I give up you win. All music students from Berklee, past, present, and future have wasted their time advancing their abilities and in fact the school has sucked the life blood out of their ability to feel music and both Jeff Beck and Morrissey have bad tastes in guitarists and Morrissey should have picked someone else when Alain left the band and the people that are posting that they had a wonderful night at the gigs and the band sounds great are all delusional.

It was an attempt to clean his image too. The all-male 50s gang vibe with Whyte looked too conservative racist friendly so he got younger "diverse" and btw cheaper musicians.

Sadly, music schools cost way too much for what you get out of them as is the case with most university degrees these day. But, one great aspect of a music school like (Berklee) is you can hang out and play guitar with guest lectures / instructors like Ron Carter. For sure learning bass from Ron Carter is going to teach you how to feel emotion in each and every note. Gillian Welch is a graduate of Berklee and David Rawlings is one of the best guitars players on the plant. It's not a bad thing that Morrissey's keyboard player is a graduate of Berklee or that she is a classically trained pianist. Of, course none of this matters to most people anyway so just saying. Viva Morrissey for the remaining dates of the tour. Cheers.

David's playing is notable still the overall effect is a bit bland and the culprit is Berklee. But they were good enough to record with Robyn Hitchcock in Nashville, he's living there now and having a hard time

I imagine a mythical time when Steven would go see The Soft Boys and take mental notes. Wish he could go back there in spirit

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom