Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

I think there will be a lot of Tickets up for sale on Ebay & Gumtree. This system of booking tickets is really stupid. Let's say a group of say 4 people all wanting to go and all 4 people apply for 4 tickets, what happens if they all get them? You can't go back to the Opera House and say I no longer need them. Kind of BS that they Charge your credit card and issue you tickets without you even knowing what you will end up with.

Yes I am the gumtree poster. I cannot attend both nights. I am not a bootlegger any more than you are a git...(examine your soul). Me and my mate tag teamed. She ordered 4, I ordered 4. Saturday night is our preference Wednesday is not. That's what has happened for a number of people, you can either choose to have a second stab at getting tickets you want or stay at home and watch old episodes of Corrie on YouTube.

...and I have put the ad on gumtree for the following reasons:
1) I don't want over $600 going up the Swanee
2) I don't want four empty seats 10 rows from Morrissey
3) Not to let a disappointed fan miss out when there is a reasonable opportunity (when you do the maths you are effectively getting 4 for the price of 3)

all quite noble, I'd say..

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

Desperately need 1 Premium ticket for the 26th, 30th, & Sunday 31st of May! This ballot has left me pissed off and heartbroken… :tears:

Cheers in advance.

If I hear anything, anywhere through the grapevine, Ryan, I'll let you know. Bullshit that you missed out.

Desperately need 1 Premium ticket for the 26th, 30th, & Sunday 31st of May! This ballot has left me pissed off and heartbroken… :tears:

Cheers in advance.

I'm just stunned by it all. Stunned.

I was stunned to hear Moz was coming here a week or two ago, now I'm stunned that he'll be here for 4 shows and I won't see any of them.

Again, bravo Opera house, bravo.

I was stunned to hear Moz was coming here a week or two ago, now I'm stunned that he'll be here for 4 shows and I won't see any of them.

You'll be able to get tickets off someone who has spares on here won't you?

It does seem a complete farce though. Who imagined this system up?

You'll be able to get tickets off someone who has spares on here won't you?

It does seem a complete farce though. Who imagined this system up?

The whole point was that I wanted 2 tickets for each show so that me and my fiancé could enjoy all 4 together - we met at the 2012 shows and have since had a baby together. You can't believe how disappointed we are.

Received the following disappointing message about 10 mins ago:

Dear Morrissey Fan,
We regret to inform you that your application for Morrissey tickets has been unsuccessful. The performances are now fully allocated. In the event that tickets become available closer to Vivid LIVE, your name has been placed on a wait list, and you may be contacted by the Sydney Opera House Box Office.
We apologise to all disappointed Morrissey fans who applied for tickets. Applications for tickets exceeded the total number of tickets available, owing to the popularity of Morrissey.
Please refer to the Morrissey event page for full details about how the application process was managed.
Thank you for your interest in attending Vivid LIVE. If you would like to register for future Vivid LIVE announcements, sign up here
Sydney Opera House

(At least I got tickets for another night in a friend's application.)

Cheers in advance.

Yeah if anybody has a spare single ticket for 26th, 30th or 31st, I'd be happy to pay $300 per show... PM me...

This ballot has killed me.

I feel the same way.. There are tickets available on various platforms, but I don't need that many, nor do I have the cash that the wankers are selling for. A lot have applied under various names and have gotten lucky only to sell them off at inflated prices.

Argh. I could scream. In fact, I think I shall.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah if anybody has a spare single ticket for 26th, 30th or 31st, I'd be happy to pay $300 per show... PM me...

This ballot has killed me.

There is someone who is selling their ticket on for $200, don't know where I've seen it tho. It's like a b reserve. Do you want me to find the link?

Edit: someone offered them $450 (!!!!) and its gone..

Last edited:

Opera house officially sending out the unsuccessful emails… we and the neighbours just got this:

"You have been unsuccessful in securing tickets in the Morrissey ballot for Vivid LIVE."

……literally in tears now. It kills me knowing Morrissey will be here and I won't get to see him. f***.

Last edited:

Brilliant. Not.

2l13r7.jpg

I've a circle v ticket if anyone's genuinely interested?

How disingenuous that is, the way Morrissey is italicised, as if "insert artist name here".

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they really cut down on the number of NSW tickets simply because they want more people to come in who are potential tourists as well. They spend more money.

You met at the shows..? Funny how I never met you then. Anyway..there are tickets on eBay. I would text you but the numerous messages I've sent aren't going through..aka me 'ignoring' u..

The whole point was that I wanted 2 tickets for each show so that me and my fiancé could enjoy all 4 together - we met at the 2012 shows and have since had a baby together. You can't believe how disappointed we are.

I'm waiting for a miracle and someone to message me and say "Hey, I have 2 spare for each night! Wanna buy 'em off me?"

How disingenuous that is, the way Morrissey is italicised, as if "insert artist name here".

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they really cut down on the number of NSW tickets simply because they want more people to come in who are potential tourists as well. They spend more money.

You are spot on about that scenario, Pokey.

Back
Top Bottom