Andy Rourke video interview - Youtube.

Let's all be cool and kind to Andy R. So who gives a hoot about a little puff here and there! That rebellious spirit goes hand in hand with Andys superior bass playing talent & creativity. His cross wearing is his own private spirituality and something we must all respect. We all want the same.
Last quick comment is thanks Andy for the songs we still listen to and love to his very moment! Yup... The Smiths are golden in every way. Andy Rourke helped make that happen! Continued success in all Andy !m&d

Let's all be cool and kind to Andy R. So who gives a hoot about a little puff here and there! That rebellious spirit goes hand in hand with Andys superior bass playing talent & creativity. His cross wearing is his own private spirituality and something we must all respect. We all want the same.
Last quick comment is thanks Andy for the songs we still listen to and love to his very moment! Yup... The Smiths are golden in every way. Andy Rourke helped make that happen! Continued success in all Andy !m&d
There is nothing wrong with wearing a cross. I'm a Christian and I think that is fine. But I don't think it's ok to take drugs, swear, to be rude to people and to sleep around with different people. That isn't leading a moral, Christian life! Andy Rourke doesn't go to church. Anyone can call themselves a 'Christian', but not act like a 'Christian'. Andy Rourke should have more respect for himself. None of us are perfect. But if people are rebels against God, then how are they for God and for God's people?

Also I never understood why Andy Rourke goes in ladies toilets at clubs? I don't think it's to smoke, or to shoot up heroin or take other drugs. I think it because he thinks there is more toilet paper in ladies toilets and he thinks ladies toilets are nicer, but I still find it a bit odd.

I'm a Christian and I don't have a problem with people wearing a cross if they are a Christian, as a statement of their faith. I don't think anyone on here has an issue with that.

It can be quite a Catholic thing to wear a cross, or a crucifix.

The fish is another symbol of the Christian faith.

However some people wear a cross as a 'fashion statement', not because they are a real 'Christian'. Even some 'pagans' and people into 'witchcraft' wear crosses. Wearing a cross doesn't make you a Christian.

Anyone can call themselves a 'Christian', but not be a true 'Christian' in their hearts. You can identify a true Christian by their 'fruit', that is, by the way they 'act'. Can you pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

Jesus came to save the 'sinners' not the 'righteous' and there is still hope for Andy Rourke to turn his life around and become saved. By the grace of God alone are we saved!

See this video "By The Grace Of God", Gateway Worship, Song led by Thomas Miller:

A modern day Christian worship song, it has an Irish/Celtic feel about it, here are the lyrics:

VERSE 1
By the grace of God alone
Heaven's Son (God's only begotten son Jesus Christ) has come to me
Through the Cross, my sins are gone
He died the Lamb and rose the King

VERSE 2
Sing for joy and celebrate
Dance with those who once were lame
Deaf ears hear them as they sing
I have been healed in Jesus name

CHORUS
By the grace of God alone
We can stand and testify
Through the blood of (Jesus) Christ the Son
We have received eternal life

VERSE 3
Hear the Saviour calling home
Every soul that's lost their way
See them turn away from sin
As they call out the Saviour's name

BRIDGE
Hallelujah, He is Worthy
Hallelujah, Christ the Son
Hallelujah, He is Holy
So lift your voice to the Holy One

By the way I also don't have an issue with Andy Rourke's bass playing in The Smiths as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bible says:

"Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the LORD, he has rejected you as king." - 1 Samuel 15:23.

Also Andy Rourke isn't a gentleman if he goes in the ladies toilets when he is in clubs, pubs, bars and music venues. Andy Rourke is a malcontent, a rebel of sorts.

However Jesus came to save the 'sinners' not the 'righteous' and there is still hope for Andy Rourke to turn his life around and to get saved. By the grace of God alone are we saved! Only Lord Jesus Christ saves!

Seek the Lord while he may be found!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom