Andy Rourke video interview - Youtube.

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
So I found this interview on YouTube, he talks a little about forming band(s) with Johnny and then The Smiths. I'm not sure which year it's from but it looks fairly recent. What the hell is wrong with his voice? Has he always sounded like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Amy. I think it's from approx. two years ago. This upload was from Sept 2010. Thanks for sharing. Not too sure about his voice though, maybe an American infection. Or an American inflection?

Ah, thankyou. His voice is so monotone and strangely low. He sounds like he's been sedated.

Ah, thankyou. His voice is so monotone and strangely low. He sounds like he's been sedated.
I think you are right. He may very well be on a sedative/tranquilliser. Or he could of been smoking marijuana.
Andy Rourke has been living in New York since 2009, so that is why his accent has changed, he now has a sort of Transatlantic accent.

See this video of an interview with Andy Rourke who was DJ'ing in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I think this was back in 2010. He seems out of it here as well:

So I found this interview on YouTube, he talks a little about forming band(s) with Johnny and then The Smiths. I'm not sure which year it's from but it looks fairly recent.

Amy was the interview in "Spain"? :confused:

Last edited:
If the video is from 2010, his accent wouldn't have changed that much in only a year's time

he's definitely on something.

I hope to god he isn't getting stoned and drunk everyday. He should know better from his own past.

Then there is this video from this year 2012, in the USA, where Andy seems to be drunk:

On the plus side Andy Rourke looks a bit slimmer here and he has had his hair cut!

I heard Andy Rourke likes drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, smoking marijuana and taking the drug 'Ecstasy'?

Why does he still wear those strange tinted glasses? It reminds me of people in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Then there is this video from this year 2012, in the USA, where Andy seems to be drunk:

On the plus side Andy Rourke looks a bit slimmer here and he has had his hair cut. I heard Andy Rourke likes drinking, smoking cigarettes, smoking marijuana and taking the drug 'Ecstasy'?

He swears as well.True.

Why does Andy Rourke wear an earring in his left ear?
Why does he still wear those strange tinted glasses?

Why does Andy Rourke wear an earring in his left ear?
Why does he still wear those strange tinted glasses?
I don't know, but it's weird. :eek:

Looks like he likes wearing rings on his fingers as well. His accent is also weird. I remember in the 1980s young men wearing earrings.

Andy Rourke always wears a "Dog Tag" pendant, which has a 'cross' on it. I think it's because he is a Christian/Roman Catholic. Although he doesn't go to church and he doesn't act the way a good, moral Christian should.

I would of thought Andy Rourke would dye/colour his hair? His hair must be a bit grey by now, he is 48.

I'm a Christian and I don't have a problem with people wearing a cross if they want to express their faith and love of Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
I don't know, but it's weird. :eek:
Looks like he likes wearing rings as well. His accent is also weird.

Sorry if this has already been explained in another thread, but why are you signing to post and then posting the same stuff anonymously, too?

Back
Top Bottom