"America is Black" - Morrissey on U.S. election - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook

What a bizarre, unhinged rant. This is perhaps one of the most baffling of them all.

*EDIT*

Text of post below

Message from Morrissey

America is Black

In the United States, minorities are the majority. But who would guess such a thing to scan an eye over the political frontrunners in the 2016 election?
Donald Trump is George Wallace.
Hillary Clinton is pooled money.
Neither speaks for modern America. The day when the new President is to be announced is already prepared as a national day of mourning, for there can be no result for the good of all (or even for the good of most). American politics doesn’t work – not even for the American people alone, and each time you vote you support the process. Far from being excited about immediate change, America is already slumped in a head-shaking disbelief.
The myth that ‘anyone’ can become U.S. President neglects to add the crucial ‘if they have 1 billion dollars to fund their campaign’.
Bernie Sanders, being the only candidate to offer change that does not involve bombs and war and bombs and more war, could not possibly be allowed to win because he far too much resembles a human being. He is true and he is honest but he doesn’t have the necessary 1 billion dollar campaign at his fingertips. Despite his quite incredible initial success, he was not ever allowed CNN headlines. As he won an impressive collection of states, CNN would instead announce A LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas when Clinton wins, the headlines are hers alone, and do not trumpet A LOSS FOR SANDERS. By this we see how Sanders had always been willed to lose. We have been force-fed a Clinton win from the very start of the election, whereas the astonishing gains by Sanders have been reported as someone getting in the way. There has not been a fair media representation of Sanders success because that success makes it very plain that America is not quite robustly convinced of yet another Clinton president, therefore even the bulk of American democrats are already giving the thumbs down to the future President, which doesn’t look terrific on a global level. Whatever will North Korea think?
With the three main political faces of 2016 being white, it becomes clear that Barack Obama did nothing to build black economic power, and perhaps black oppression is now rife throughout America because Obama had made it clear that he does not defend black people (Ferguson is the only example you need, but there are many others). In white-supremacist political Britain, London’s ‘Princess’ Diana (for she wasn’t ever seen in any other part of the country) was wiped-out because, if still alive, she would now have at least three brown children, and they – not the mentally stunted William and Kate, would be the faces of modern political London, and thus the anarchy of monarchy would feel its grip slip.
Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule?
The main crisis of this election is that both Clinton and Trump are, once again, the undisputed faces of the already dominant society – a society that does not work for anyone who is not a billionaire. Clinton talks about new freedoms for women as if women have just been invented. In her world, perhaps they have? Whilst it is true that ALL American TV commercials feature middle-class white women, there is admittedly the obligatory Hispanic passer-by - waving and reassuringly happy on the sidelines, looking in. After a historically shocking two years of random murders of black males by white police officers, where in America are the modern black revolutionaries? Nowhere visible. On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white. Just coincidence? Instead, we see lots of strong masculine black energy with … nothing to do and nowhere to go and no one to make them believe that hope could even exist. This is the truth of America that is alien to Clinton and Trump, and must always remain so.
It is unimaginable for Ethiopia to ever have a white Prime Minister, for the leaders must at least physically resemble the people to some degree - otherwise, chaos.
What America needs for balance is something that it has never had: a black president.

MORRISSEY
29 April 2016.

Derek17 wrote: "That's a fair point"

Not really. If anything, it strengthens my argument. If an unimportant person surrounded by religious nutbags and homophobes can and should come out so can a wealthy rock star. If he doesn't want to do that for whatever reason then he should at least stop his ridiculous rants from his ivory tower and stop pretending to care about the oppressed.

Why should anybody feel the need to ''come out'' (what a vulgar, fatuous term)? Have you considered that, to many of us, it doesn't actually matter who one decides they want to have sex with? Have you ever considered that to many people sexual classification or categorization OF ANY KIND is completely ridiculous and unnecessary (due, chiefly, to the fact that it doesn't affect anyone else and is as insignificant as somebody's hair colour)?
Why should somebody who sees, and has done for years, that sexual labeling is entirely unnecessary feel that, because he doesn't broadcast his sexual habits or inclinations, he should not have an opinion on anything?

Why should anybody feel the need to ''come out'' (what a vulgar, fatuous term)? Have you considered that, to many of us, it doesn't actually matter who one decides they want to have sex with? Have you ever considered that to many people sexual classification or categorization OF ANY KIND is completely ridiculous and unnecessary (due, chiefly, to the fact that it doesn't affect anyone else and is as insignificant as somebody's hair colour)?
Why should somebody who sees, and has done for years, that sexual labeling is entirely unnecessary feel that, because he doesn't broadcast his sexual habits or inclinations, he should not have an opinion on anything?

I wish that sexual identity was a non-issue and categorisation was redundant. But it isn't a non- issue. Sexual classification is a fact of life. People get murdered, beaten, bullied and discriminated against for "who they decide they want to sleep with".

And as long as that's the case I believe it is important to stand up and be counted. Especially if you are role model and authority figure and want your opinions on current affairs taken seriously.

Of course he doesn't have to lead by example and live with integrity - he is free to do as he pleases - but please allow me to think of him as a hypocrite.

Last edited:
He doesn't have to live by someone else's definition of integrity either. Come out or you're a hypocrite ranting from an ivory tower so says a ranter and judge on the internet about someone I don't know personally. Sounds hypocritical to me

I'm not being hypocritical, that's not what the concept means. I just have a moral compass and principals I live by. I'm so sick and tired of this ridiculous "don't-be-judgmental" judgmentalism like yours.

Here's the definition of hypocritical for you http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocritical

Also note that I'm not ranting, I am just replying to people who are engaging in a conversation with me. But I am not interested in any further conversation with you, Brian. You have told several people here to please not address you - simply because you "don't like them" so please respect me asking you to do the same and leave me alone.

Last edited:
What are you on about?

I am gay, out and proud. :thumb:

I am out to everyone who knows me, it's not a secret.

Do you think you "got" me there or something?

You really are an irredeemable halfwit. :thumb:

That explains it, gays are so over.
Fudgepack geeks. not men, not women. Just wasted cum

Sam is getting a lot of foot traffic on his facebook page but a lot of dumb comments. I love it how they help each other and it is unreal how much they look alike, does Sam have a sexy voice too?

Dearest Morrissey, get a facebook page already, you can always delete our posts and unfriend people, which i assume might happen a lot. Love,

I'm confused. I thought TTY was the Morrissey's official soapbox. I'm also perplexed by his gradual dislike for Obama and Hillary. To begin, Obama became "white on the inside" and now he's not black. Hillary was the solution according to Moz, but now she's a money-backed threat. I like Bernie. I think he's right about him. I don't think Trump is that bad. Certainly not enough to compare him with the KKK. Moz...get in touch with Stephen Street and put your feelings on a good record.

I was thinking the same about tty and didn't he already say something about Clinton in the interview with Larry King though he's free to change his mind. Don't care for sanders and I especially don't care for his supporters for the most part with all of the self righteous hostility. They remind me of trump supporters. Also agree that comparing trump to the kkk is a bit much. The kkk has a history of murder and violence. It's like people forget reality and just use exaggerated symbolism

I have to 100% agree on this one with Morrissey. Only one suggestion though. Don't watch CNN, it's not good for your health. I find Reuters the most accurate source of information on current affairs around the world. If you are looking for truth, CNN should be the last source to turn to.

There are so many false equivalencies in your post and I'm really running out of patience now, but I'll give it one last try:

Judging somebody's sexuality, ethnicity, height, disability etc and other things they cannot change = not OK

Judging somebody's attitude and behaviour = OK

What you are saying is, the fact that I don’t want to be judged, discriminated against or abused for my sexuality (a basic human right) doesn’t allow me to criticise anybody else’s behaviour (because then I'm a hypocrite). In this case the person I am criticising is a famous rock star, a public persona. According to you, I should forever stay quiet and be grateful people don’t judge my sexuality. Good times.

Your wording of some things is so off … I wasn't being "hateful", I called his behaviour inconsistent. Don’t put words in your opponent’s mouth, it makes you look even dumber.

And when you say I "call him gay”, you make it sound like I called him something bad. It's not. And if you have any doubts, read the autobiography.

Last edited:
I really can't be bothered with you anymore, hysterical fan frau.

You're on ignore now.

Last edited:
Does Morrissey ever have anything positive to say about anything?

Questioning whether Obama is truly black - as if all black people are supposed to behave in the same way, and Obama somehow doesn't fall into line.

And he offers no suggestions about how to fix this awful world we live in, except for not voting. Which is going to achieve what, exactly?

Sanctimonious is not the word.

Get your head out of your arse and find a record label. Your rants are beyond boring now.

I'm surprised he hasn't picked up on Joan Rivers' claims (which regrettably got her killed) that Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny.

Oh what insight! This from a man who has never had a single woman, or black person, or homosexual (Spencer?) in his band. Talk about skid row... I've never once heard of Moz going down there to help those people with money or burritos or anything... Hypocrite.

I must say, fair point. All he's done is hire Latinos to pander to his new core fanbase.

Derek17 wrote: "That's a fair point"

Not really. If anything, it strengthens my argument. If an unimportant person surrounded by religious nutbags and homophobes can and should come out so can a wealthy rock star. If he doesn't want to do that for whatever reason then he should at least stop his ridiculous rants from his ivory tower and stop pretending to care about the oppressed.

Well yes. Morrissey is all preach no peach.

There are so many false equivalencies in your post and I'm really running out of patience now, but I'll give it one last try:

Judging somebody's sexuality, ethnicity, height, disability etc and other things they cannot change = not OK

Judging somebody's attitude and behaviour = OK

What you are saying is, the fact that I don’t want to be judged, discriminated against or abused for my sexuality (a basic human right) doesn’t allow me to criticise anybody else’s behaviour (because then I'm a hypocrite). In this case the person I am criticising is a famous rock star, a public persona. According to you, I should forever stay quiet and be grateful people don’t judge my sexuality. Good times.

Your wording of some things is so off … I wasn't being "hateful", I called his behaviour inconsistent. Don’t put words in your opponent’s mouth, it makes you look even dumber.

And when you say I "call him gay”, you make it sound like I called him something bad. It's not. And if you have any doubts, read the autobiography.

You are delving into hysterical territory though.

Short people will get the odd short joke.

Gingers are absolutely brutalized and no one cares.

Flamers (attention-seekers, to be fair) will be the punchline to a joke here and there, quite like blondes are.

There is a major difference between a harmless joke and a direct threat to physical harm. Society ought to note that.

We need more Joan Riverses and fewer Moan Quiverses and more Donald Trumps and fewer Yawn-old Lumps.

Last edited:
Yes, dear.

Any more valuable insights from Breitbart or Fox News that you want to share with us?

Yes, dear.

Any more valuable insights from Breitbart or Fox News that you want to share with us?

Well darling I do think you would quite like Milo Yiannopoulos. He is flamboyant as f*** and he speaks the truth in an abrasive way no matter the Victorian pearl-clutchers who are determined to silence him.

Milo Yiannopoulos.

The deranged baby Katie Hopkins put up for adoption.

Too bad for him he isn't qualified to be Trump's running mate.

Last edited:
Having no record contract is making his mind mush. Obama is black then is not black then he is then he is not, what a pile of nonsensical rubbish.

Come on - we all know that Morrissey is way blacker than Obama. I'm waiting for him to go full black-face for the next album cover, like that Rachel Dolezal chick.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom