Alain Whyte: Band update (June 16, 2023)

Screenshot_20230616-165701.png

1686931063262.jpg

1686931065886.jpg

1686931068090.jpg

Screenshot_20230617-114140.png

Regards,
FWD.

Interesting but not surprising. It's a pity that his solo songs aren't very good.

Songs are great, singing is horrific.
Whereas Morrissey is singing as well as he ever has but, f*** me, most of the songs are shite.
If only there was some way both sides could come together… Jesse! Sling yer hook!

Interesting but not surprising. It's a pity that his solo songs aren't very good.

That’s your opinion, I think his solo stuff is ok but he also has an expansive back catalogue of songs he wrote and has put a great band together to play them.

Look forward to seeing them and intrigued to see what they will play.

I think it's only fair Alain gets to seek a little recognition for the songs he wrote with Morrissey.

I'm guessing live shows will be 50% songs he wrote with Morrissey and 50% his own solo songs and new stuff they write as a band... does that sound right?

There's a few good songwriters in that group, and two good vocalists. It's nice seeing Spencer's face after some time as well.

I wish the best of luck to our old friends in their new band! :)

Last edited:
I'd say the lyrics are the main problem with solo Alain.
He's sung a few Morrissey/Smiths songs pretty well IMO including this one...

Oh man, I loved seeing all of Alain's updates when he was playing/singing those Smiths songs - wondering which one he would perform next. :D

I'm guessing live shows will be 50% songs he wrote with Morrissey and 50% his own solo songs and new stuff they write as a band... does that sound right?
He seems to like playing Morrissey songs live that he didn't co-write, too (like The Loop and Our Frank) and also a handful of Smith songs, so maybe some of those will feature especially with Craig Gannon onboard.

Good news. I kinda hoped Gustavo would join Alain's band and here it is. Cool! :guitar:

Must admit, I'm a little uncomfortable at Gustavo having left Morrissey's band to join Alain's. I appreciate we don't know the background to it but it feels a bit like a blatant poach.
Alain re-joining the Morrissey set-up was a rare and much needed bit of good news in Camp Morrissey in these pretty horrible recent years. His leaving and taking a long term bandmate (who'd really changed Morrissey's musical dynamic) is a bit of a worst case scenario. Fingers crossed, the new band set-up will be OK.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom