Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release ?

Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official r

• Total voters
Re: Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release

I downloaded the first couple of "singles" but decided to give it all a miss after that. I bought the album and want it to be new when it arrives.

Re: Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release

I've purchashed and listened to the released singles, they're a part of my commute playlist now. I've given the live version of 'Kick The Bride Down The Aisle' one listen on youtube but no more than that as I the live versions rarely live up to the album track - although I'd say the live version of 'The Bullfighter Dies' from the LA Sports Centre gig is the exception; it IS better than the official recording.

I remember ruining 'You are the Quarry'. I was so excited about it, I listened to clips of every track before it was released. Then the release day comes, and I know pretty much all the songs anyway. There's nothing to surprise me.

Not making that mistake with 'World Peace'. I've heard the digital singles, but when the album leaks a few weeks before release I'm staying away from it. I'd rather savour the thrill of dropping the needle on the record (or pressing play on the CD player) on release day for the first time, with no idea what to expect.

I'm just a bit meh with Moz albums now. I'll probably buy it a few weeks after release when it's cheap on Amazon.

A-ha ha ha ha ha uh ha ha ha ha a-ha ha ha ha ha oh-ho ho ho ho ah-ha ha ha ha ha...

That joke isn't funny anymore.

What difference does it make?

It seems a few of us are waiting for the release. I didnt purchase Years of Refusal. Perhaps it because so few songs have been premiered prior to release and I, for one, have only listened to Istanbul more than once. Roll on Bastille Day

Who was the poster with the Female, Cartoon Sailor Avatar and french-sounding name (iirc) who was invited to the 'YoR' playthrough at the Pigale Club in London before it's release? I recall they gave good impressions of the song and the experience. I was wondering if they were still around and if they had any insight into the new album.

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the old thread; I was thinking of Anin.

Last edited:

I'm waiting too, although not very patiently I might add! I've managed to refrain from listening to any of the released tracks as I prefer having the album in my hands but I'm hopeful after hearing some songs live, Istanbul being my fave. Aside from seeing Moz last month this is the most excited I've been all year ... yay.

If 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' doesn't leak soon, I'm letting the monkeys loose!

Such a little thing makes such a big difference!

Oh well, I'll never learn.

Do your best and don't worry, I know it's gonna happen someday.

To me you are a work of art.

I have the deluxe copy coming from overseas. It will arrive about a week after the official release date. When it arrives at work, it will be taken home. Then after dinner, the dishes being done I'll dim the lights, make a pot of tea (Assam), slip the headphones on and listen to it then. Probably a couple of times. It could never be played on the drive home. That wouldn't feel right.

Just to really tease myself, I'm thinking of never listening to it....mmm...mmmm...

I remember ruining 'You are the Quarry'. I was so excited about it, I listened to clips of every track before it was released. Then the release day comes, and I know pretty much all the songs anyway. There's nothing to surprise me.

Exactly.......why spoil everything? The day I get the album, I will lock myself in , switch the phone off and enjoy the whole album in peace. I cannot just wait, oh yes :D. Nothing is gonna spoil that day ( my last famous words.....)

Cheers Moz

I've already preordered a physical copy, but if it leaks then yeah i'll grab it ahead of time. I don't see what the big deal is, if it leaks 2 weeks early it would just be as if the album was released that day.

I’m just always worried that the leak will be of lower quality than the real thing, which would diminish the impact.

I have the deluxe copy coming from overseas. It will arrive about a week after the official release date. When it arrives at work, it will be taken home. Then after dinner, the dishes being done I'll dim the lights, make a pot of tea (Assam), slip the headphones on and listen to it then. Probably a couple of times. It could never be played on the drive home. That wouldn't feel right.

I love a plan, when it sounds like a riitual.

Back
Top Bottom