Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release ?

Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official r

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
MozNoSexPlease.jpg

Re: Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release

I'm hoping to not hear anything until I hear everything. Complete abstinence! So far, so tough.

Re: Abstinence: How much will you refrain from experiencing "World Peace..." before official release

I've stopped listening to the singles and I won't listen to anything until the album is released. Not sure what format I want to hear it on for the first time, but since I'll likely get the iTunes version before the vinyl and cd are shipped I'll probably go with that.

Not at all. I'm going to listen to it as soon as I can, any way I can. I already bought that $150 uber-boxset thing so I feel no guilt about piracy.

CD preordered but should it leak (read:when it leaks) I'll be on it like the proverbial car bonnet. I am a physical media whore but in this day and age It's hard to restrain from getting it quicker thank you can open the lid on your discman.

I might leave the [deluxe] tracks until I have the disc in hand just to save something for release day

I have not listened to a note. So hard. Especially when reading such conflicting opinions about the available tracks.
But I think I'm gonna make it. And it will be worth it. So it's cocktails at 9:00pm 7/14, and hopefully by the 5th or 6th track I'll be drinking joyfully - and not sorrowfully (as with Malajusted).
Then I might take a look at roll alcohol is playing in my life.

Last edited:

How soon is now?

Have listened to the four songs released so far - but only a couple of time each - and will leave it at that until I've got the vinyl. I regret even going so far. I listened to the leak of Years of Refusal and it is still the only album I don't own. Looking forward to listening to a physical copy and having most of it be new.

I will happily read every lyric that is posted on the forums beforehand though, and will bear in mind that they will contain many errors.

I answered this: I will only listen/watch what is officially released (i.e. spoken word vids, digi downloads)

I preordered the vinyl/shirt/poster deal (with MY name on it??) and the iTunes deluxe. Love the four released tracks so far, but will not be downloading the leak.

I can't wait until people tell me that what I think of the album is f***ing bullshit!

On Friday Mourning?

In the future when all's well.

I have not listened to anything at all , apart from the very beginning of World Peace....a while ago which I cannot remember at all.

Cheers Moz

Good poll topic.
I chose the unpopular "will experience official releases + listen to reviews from reliable sources" except I'd change "listen" to simply "read". Reviews won't change what I think either way, but I like reading what general music critics have to say about Morrissey's albums as reading fan appraisals can get tiring (whether it's good or bad).

Back
Top Bottom