2012 : The End for Morrissey ?

Agamemnon

I'm really wondering if he's currently ending is carreer :

He said he stopped looking for a record deal = he gave up releasing new music.

He's massively touring (since june 2011), and keeps on adding dates, and he's going to places he didn't go for a while (japan, south america, i think he never went to chile...)
It's like, as he is leaving, he goes to visit and say goodbye to everyone.
Plus he finishes the set with 'one day goodbye will be farewell'.

The vaults are leaking : after so many years the song 'Kit' and the 'Hollywood bowl DVD' surfaced for common fans. Like there's no need to keep these for future releases as there won't be any anymore.

2012 will end with the release of the autobiography in december, where he's expected to look back and take account of his carreer and life.

Is 2012 his last year of activity ?

Last edited:
I've been thinking that might be true, especially with the UK tour being only in Manchester, although if it was his last tour, it might make more sense that he'd go over more of the UK. The autobiography does also signal the surmising of his carreer, although there are those out there who write many autobiographies so it might not be true. Also, I wouldn't take Morrissey's comments on his record situation as absolute truth, because he's said also that he plans to continue singing for a long time, but changes his mind and says the opposite often. I think it is uncertain, as Morrissey likes to keep us guessing about his future plans.

No. I don't think it's the end. Morrissey wants so badly to prove all the doubters and cynics wrong. He'll find a way to get at least one more album released and he'll try his best for it to be amazing. Hopefully, he'll find a new band/producer and it will be.

he has said many times that he doesn't make long term plans
he will keep working as long as he enjoys it and has an audience
he just said that his current tour has been his most enjoyable
he is about to embark on a very public court case possibly around June (he said he was returning to England in December to prepare for it - but instead went on tour?)
He is booked to play a massive one off show in Manchester in July
followed shortly there after by his autobiography possibly in December
He profile (for better or worse) especially in the UK is likely to be very high by the end of 2012
he last recorded an album in febuary 2008 - over 4 years ago
he recorded 3 albums in the four years before that
He has been touring and active with the band for much of those 4 years
The band have been writing and submitting new songs for some time now
he is probably stockpiling new songs all the time
when he had difficulty finding a record contract at the turn of the century he played some new songs live - just like now
he also stopped playing them live so often just before he got a big record deal
just before he announced his deal for YATQ he said publically something along the lines of how he no longer really wanted or needed a deal anymore

I don't think he is going anywhere just yet and i think the follow up to YOR will be ace probably in 2013.

he has said many times that he doesn't make long term plans
he will keep working as long as he enjoys it and has an audience
he just said that his current tour has been his most enjoyable
he is about to embark on a very public court case possibly around June (he said he was returning to England in December to prepare for it - but instead went on tour?)
He is booked to play a massive one off show in Manchester in July
followed shortly there after by his autobiography possibly in December
He profile (for better or worse) especially in the UK is likely to be very high by the end of 2012
he last recorded an album in febuary 2008 - over 4 years ago
he recorded 3 albums in the four years before that
He has been touring and active with the band for much of those 4 years
The band have been writing and submitting new songs for some time now
he is probably stockpiling new songs all the time
when he had difficulty finding a record contract at the turn of the century he played some new songs live - just like now
he also stopped playing them live so often just before he got a big record deal
just before he announced his deal for YATQ he said publically something along the lines of how he no longer really wanted or needed a deal anymore

I don't think he is going anywhere just yet and i think the follow up to YOR will be ace probably in 2013.

Good work, smiler! : )

I'm really wondering if he's currently ending is carreer :

He isn't.

He said he stopped looking for a record deal = he gave up releasing new music.

Actually he said, not verbatim, that he is going to stop whining about not having a record deal and he doesn't see himself getting one in his lifetime. That doesn't mean he isn't looking. It means he's being dramatic because currently he's essentially a door to door salesman peddling merchandise no one wants to buy.

He's massively touring (since june 2011), and keeps on adding dates,

He's been "massively touring" since 2004. In fact, since 2004, he's toured every single year but 2005 and 2010 during which he's played, give or take a few, 403 shows.

and he's going to places he didn't go for a while (japan, south america, i think he never went to chile...)

He played in Japan last in 2002. He was in South America AND played a show in Chile in 2004. Where he plays and where he doesn't has more to do with cutting deals with promoters than anything else.

It's like, as he is leaving, he goes to visit and say goodbye to everyone.

Or he's just going where the demand is because he's financing his own tour and needs to make his money back plus profit?

Plus he finishes the set with 'one day goodbye will be farewell'.

Except the gigs where he encored with 'How Soon Is Now?', 'Still Ill', and 'Irish Blood, English Heart' (which he finished his last South American show with).

The vaults are leaking : after so many years the song 'Kit' and the 'Hollywood bowl DVD' surfaced for common fans. Like there's no need to keep these for future releases as there won't be any anymore.

'Kit' and 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' were leaked by individuals - both whom I know personally. They were leaked by private collectors solely because of Morrissey's continued canceling of his Oakland concerts. Nothing more, nothing less.

2012 will end with the release of the autobiography in december, where he's expected to look back and take account of his carreer and life.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Is 2012 his last year of activity ?

No.

Back
Top Bottom