Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
I've been a lurker here for about a decade, to get information and what not on Morrissey's going ons. I hardly ever post, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask why so many people with so much hatred and criticism toward him still feel the need to haunt this forum. I'm by no means saying that he should be worshipped without question, but so much of this forum is composed of people annoyed/ disgusted by him or whoever is in the band at any given a point. Its strange.

I've been a lurker here for about a decade, to get information and what not on Morrissey's going ons. I hardly ever post, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask why so many people with so much hatred and criticism toward him still feel the need to haunt this forum. I'm by no means saying that he should be worshipped without question, but so much of this forum is composed of people annoyed/ disgusted by him or whoever is in the band at any given a point. Its strange.

Right-O! People just want the young Moz from 83-96 back. Reminds me of idiot Republicians still pinning for Reagan in the 80s. Boo-hoo. One day these fools will also be old, but would look nearly as well.

Oh no. It's 4 years since his last album was recorded (3 since its release). He's had 4 long years - virtually the lifetime of the Smiths - to come up with a batch of brilliant new songs. And he needs only one truly great new song to show the music business, potential record labels etc that he is a force to be reckoned with. And yet he offers up People Are The Same Everywhere - one of the worst songs, and without the worst song title, he has ever written. I just can't understand it - can you?

Morrissey doesn't need a record deal. Like everyone else, he could upload a CD to CDBaby.com which will make it available through all the major and minor distributors [Amazon, iTunes etc] around the world.

Morrissey doesn't need a record deal. Like everyone else, he could upload a CD to CDBaby.com which will make it available through all the major and minor distributors [Amazon, iTunes etc] around the world.

He knows this. But he won't go this route. He wants to feel validated. And the only way he can feel this way is to get the seal of approval from the Industry itself. And this means having a record deal that mirrors the ones Adele and company have. If he just wanted to be heard his songs would already be out there for the fans to hear and purchase. He wants validation, pure and simple.

He knows this. But he won't go this route. He wants to feel validated. And the only way he can feel this way is to get the seal of approval from the Industry itself. And this means having a record deal that mirrors the ones Adele and company have. If he just wanted to be heard his songs would already be out there for the fans to hear and purchase. He wants validation, pure and simple.

Ideally in an alley...

You should check out a little song called 'The Queen is Dead' where he is both pretty clear and articulate on what he despices and what its impact on England has been. Or just do an easy google search of 'Morrissey + thoughts on Monarchy'. Or, do the third option which you've already nailed: keep saying Morrissey never provides substance to his monarchy hatred.

In which case he should be able to articulate it quite easily, which he singularly failed to do. Repeatedly.

Personally, I thought Moz seemed a bit awkward and uncomfortable, but that isn't that one of the reasons why we love him so dearly? I don't think it was Colbert's humor in particular that made him uncomfortable, but rather the whole format of the interview itself. It seemed, to me at least, like Morrissey was feeling very self-conscious (his reluctance to smile with his teeth, the way he was constantly moving), and I found it to be very endearing. Exactly what I would hope to see from him.

He's played the Chicago area what...five, six times since 2007?...and I've skipped each show. And I've had free tickets offered to me as gifts by well-meaning friends for three of those shows...still, nothing. I can't be bothered to go see him play.

And yet, you can be bothered to come here on a regular basis to post ad nauseum just how despicable you find Morrissey. You sure are a winner Skylarker.

And yet, you can be bothered to come here on a regular basis to post ad nauseum just how despicable you find Morrissey. You sure are a winner Skylarker.

Thanks!

And yes, making fun of him and pointing out the many ways he's sodomized his legacy gives me much greater pleasure than standing in a theater full of obnoxious sycophants listening to a once-great artist turned bitter old queen and his trainwreck of a backing group bash out the same 20 songs they've been shitting on year after year.

If that's OK with you.

It wasn't a million miles away from the Jonathan Ross interview, banter and teasing with Morrissey riding it.

They became personal friends, so give things time to breathe

Thanks!

And yes, making fun of him and pointing out the many ways he's sodomized his legacy gives me much greater pleasure than standing in a theater full of obnoxious sycophants listening to a once-great artist turned bitter old queen and his trainwreck of a backing group bash out the same 20 songs they've been shitting on year after year.

If that's OK with you.

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Like you, Skylarker, I remember when Morrissey was utterly transcendent. Part of the problem he has today, I suspect, is that he does too.

I'm fine with your including homophobia in your every post--but do you have to include the misuse of the word "sycophant" in every post, too?

Sorry you can't afford to attend concerts. I guess your "magazine," which was a MySpace, never took off, and your "friend" Kristeen won't put you on the guest list. LOL. Another fake This American Life segment, and your career should finally be off and running.

Colbert: It's my job, as a journalist, to find out why you won't get back together with Johnny Marr. You guys could cash in huge!

Morrissey: Yes, but not everybody is a fat old slag. Not everybody is.

tumblr_mbr5ixJlYV1qccmc1.jpg

What???? aren't Iggy and the stooges supporting you?

I'm fine with your including homophobia in your every post--but do you have to include the misuse of the word "sycophant" in every post, too?

Sorry you can't afford to attend concerts. I guess your "magazine," which was a MySpace, never took off, and your "friend" Kristeen won't put you on the guest list. LOL. Another fake This American Life segment, and your career should finally be off and running.

Oh crap! Someone Googled my name and then wrote a bunch of stuff on a Morrissey forum! Oh shit! Oh no! I'm done for!

tumblr_mbr5ixJlYV1qccmc1.jpg

What???? aren't Iggy and the stooges supporting you?

thumbsupdoctor.gif

Thanks!

If that's OK with you.

Ooh that's a bit extreme, I do feel your frustration though towards his musical direction and general downward trajectory as an artist, I do get a thrill when I go to his gigs though because he IS a legend, its such a shame though that he can't mix up the set-list, the thing is too he's just wasting time now, he needs a hard slap across the face (not literally) but he needs to get his arse into gear and seriously look at how he and his band can change

Anyroad good to see you back posting!

Last edited:
'The teenagers,
Who love you,
They will wake up, yawn and kill you'

Well said. David Bowie for example simply hasn't been the same since he had his done. His crooked teeth were part of the enigma!

DUDE. (GIRL.) I could NOT agree more!!!!

Wah! Bring back Bowie teeth!

I realize this topic is dead but in case any Brits who aren't familiar with Colbert are wondering about his style of humor, this was his latest report:

"Mr. Trump -- I will write you a check for $1 million from Colbert Super PAC to the charity of your choice ... if you will let me dip my balls in your mouth. But this dipping must be to my, and more importantly, my balls' satisfaction. Nothing would make me happier than to write this check. And nothing would make America happier than having something going into your mouth instead of coming out." -- Stephen Colbert

Morrissey did awesome with him, it could've been much worse.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom