"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK (May 13)

wpinoyb_single.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link to the song download (May 13) on Amazon UK:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Amazon UK
Morrissey
13 May 2014

Label: Virgin EMI
Copyright: (C) 2014 Morrissey, Under Exclusive License To Harvest Records
Total Length: 4:32
Genres: Indie & Alternative
ASIN: B00K9M1A8K

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

I never DL singles or albums, want the cd/vinyl in my hand, if it's the single or album or even DVD [yes 25 live]

The thing Morrisey holding in his hand, is IMHO a dogwhistle.

'and they say he's mentall'... dogshit is none of your playfield business....

I think it's a Mont Blanc pen and so do the BRS. And they know EVERYTHING. The lyrics are dog-whistle, like 'Scandinavia' and the other ones, but I'll explain this in detail tomorrow when we hear it in all it's glory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

I wonder if there'll be a high-resolution PDF for the 'artwork' so everyone can bitch about the Photoshoppe stuff for a few weeks? Hopefully. It might show some scalpel wounds. Joking aside, there really *should* be a PDF so folk can print out a photo-quality 7" mock cover or re-size to 12" and add imaginary b/sides and liner notes...to pass the time...

Gosh! Only 14hrs 15mins before IT is available here in "The p-UK-e".Beat Morrissey to that one!

I will have to do heroin until midnight. Once I left "Mom's Basement" for a few hours to do some 'Real Life' stuff in Bristol. Well, sort of 'real life'. "so this is real life, you're telling me!"

Last edited:
No longer on Amazon ?? Link does not work and a search brings up nothing. Not going to challenge the charts if you cannot order!

The web link does not work for me 404 code.

I think it is a Mont Blanc, and see someone agrees with me too. The 'shopped' pen is awful, perhaps the shopper did not know what he was holding either.

As to why the photo was changed in the first place, probably because the image of Moz and dog was liked and the wall enables the graffiti element. I notice on the original image that there is an errant light source above Moz's head which looks like he has a little white flower growing out the top of his head.

Anyone else got it yet? Seems to be out a day early!

Well...iTunes has the extra tracks:

Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Julie In The Weeds
Art Hounds

FUGrxaK.jpg

P.

Last edited:

Woah! Just listened to the iTunes preview on the NZ store. I love the production...more mystery, reverb, atmosphere, less of the chugging in your face guitars. I knew Chicharelli would come good, love the sounds on The Shins Wincing The Night Away.
Come on, release it in the UK!

I'm very excited to hear the new single, I can't wait until it is available in the UK!

I am still hoping for physical formats though (7" and/or 12"). It would make sense to release physical formats of the new singles, as the past few singles to be released on vinyl (especially Satellite Of Love) have been so popular. True-To-You were clearly aware of this as they posted weekly updates tracking the single's position in the charts.

Does anyone perhaps think that they are sticking to the same release format that they used for the Satellite Of Love single, in that they will release the download first, and then the physical format with B-sides etc. at a later date?

I sure do hope that this is the case, cause if not, WPINOYB will be the first official Morrissey single ever to not receive a physical release :(

Found it now released in the Australian itunes, buried way down below a mass of Hunters and Collectors albums which all come up before it when searching for Morrissey. It sounds 10 times better than the live version. The lyrics about stun guns and tasers still make me cringe, but otherwise it's good. The production sounds sublime and I'm really looking forward to how that will enhance the better songs on the album. The outro singing sounds like some African language, possibly singing "World peace is none of your business" in whatever language it is. Couldn't pick that up from the live version.

Funny that there's no b-side and it's only available for digital download.

That Morrissey sure is a funny chap. Still looking forward though :cool:

Will this track also be available on Spotify on the 13.?

I am hoping so. They have Satellite of Love--along with its "b-sides" so I am feeling optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom