Why "All You Need Is ME" Now???

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I'm confused as to why Morrissey is introducing a new song into the mix on the eve of his U.S. Tour. Is this a concession that the ROTT material is not strong enough to stand up on its own? Is a single EP coming in the near future to coincide with the tour? Seems unlikely...

I'm making an assumption here: but isn't generally well accepted that an audience likes to have a studio version of a song BEFORE it is unveiled in concert. After all, this isn't 2000. Morrissey does not have to audition for a recording contract. Morrissey can sign at least a one record deal with a major label.

I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. He probably is just excited about a good new tune. It all just seems strange on the verge of a "Greatest Hits" or "ROTT" tour.

One last thought: how about a U.S. only "Life Is A Pigsty" Single with "All You Need Is Me" as the B-side??

Yes. Also, I'm at work. Does that explain things more clearly? :)

People will use any ammunition and as soon as I saw GREATESTHITS was being used as a password I knew it was going to be used as a stick to beat Morrissey with on this tour. I'll bet he had nothing to do with the choosing of that password.

As to the question, it's just going back to his roots. It's something bands used to do a lot in the old days. Roadtest a song in front of an audience before they recorded it.

Yeah, I get that. I believe R.E.M. is road testing their entire new album.

I think he has road-tested the following songs in his solo career:

Pregnant for the Last Time
Pashernate Love
We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful
First of the Gang to Die
Mexico
The World is Full of Crashing Bores

And i'm sure there are more. :)

I think he has road-tested the following songs in his solo career:

Pregnant for the Last Time
Pashernate Love
We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful
First of the Gang to Die
Mexico
The World is Full of Crashing Bores

And i'm sure there are more. :)

Irish Blood, English Heart
I'm Playing Easy To Get
Ganglord
Interesting Drug
Last Of The Famous International Playboys

and thats not even including the Smiths who at one stage "road-tested" everything!!! Obviously.

I knew I forgot several (forgot about the Wolverhampton show!), but I did say that those were solo career only.

Back
Top Bottom