Which of these 'epic" songs do you prefer ?

Which of these "epic' Morrissey tracks do you prefer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Speedway. Love the song, especially the live version. I do think Maladjusted should have been an option, though. If it had been I would have voted for it. I love the lyrics. Especially:

When the gulf between
All the things I need
And the things I receive
Is an ancient ocean
Wide, wild, lost, uncrossed.

Very dramatic in his delivery of those lines, too. Anyway slam down the hammer!

Speedway is incredible...

Southpaw will always be one of the absolute best songs I have ever heard in my life, by any artist. It is an all around masterpiece. Musically, vocally, lyrically, everything. Southpaw gets my vote and then some.

I voted for Speedway. Love the song, especially the live version. I do think Maladjusted should have been an option, though. If it had been I would have voted for it. I love the lyrics. Especially:

When the gulf between
All the things I need
And the things I receive
Is an ancient ocean
Wide, wild, lost, uncrossed.

Very dramatic in his delivery of those lines, too. Anyway slam down the hammer!

My other half (a songwriter in his own right) had never heard Maladjusted (the album or the song). I gave him a copy of the reissue, and when he heard those lines, he remembered why Morrissey is the greatest singer of his generation.

Epically epic.

I've been so hesitant to even look at this thread because it's so difficult to choose one song over another in any case, but in this case, not difficult...impossible.

Back
Top Bottom