Which of these two albums (expanded versions) will you take on your exile?

You're allowed ONLY one album during your exile.Which of these two will you take ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zulu sierra

Born again atheist
If you were exiled on a desert island and were allowed ONLY one album.Which of these two newly-released expanded versions would you take with you ?

Re: exile?

I suppose majority will pick Southpaw Grammar.

However, I have to put them in a bag and pick one.

Last edited:
Re: Which of these two albums (expanded versions) will you take on your exile ?

I can't answer. The question has paralyzed me with despair.

I voted 'Maladjusted.' It was a very difficult decision. But ultimately, 'Maladjusted' doesn't have 'Dagenham Dave' on it. :o

These are my least favorite of all Morrissey albums... the originals anyway. I am too lazy to get out the expanded versions to recall what was new on them...

Has to be Southpaw, which has become one of my very favourite Morrissey albums. I love singing along to it, Do Your Best and Don't Worry, Best Friend on the Payroll, Reader Meet Author (Absolutely epic) etc. Honey and Fantastic Bird are brilliant additions too. It is just a great all round album, always whack it on when I have a shower. So it would have to be Southpaw, I'd need some cheering up and this album does just that. :guitar:

That was bloody hard. Southpaw. It's prrrobably the better album, especially with the new tracks and Maladjusted being adulterated so... Ah, but Maladjusted maybe would be better for the emotional journey of an exile... hmm. No, prrobably Southpaw, the title track and Nobody Loves Us swing it I think... :)

There is no competition.
The new Maladjusted album has about five excellent songs (Lost, Trouble, Edges, Wide, Alma) and another few really good ones (Both, Country, Satan).
Southpaw only has one truly great song (Nobody Loves Us) and tons of crap joyless stodge!

Re: Which of these two albums (expanded versions) will you take on your exile ?

I can't answer. The question has paralyzed me with despair.

:lbf:

Easy: Maladjusted. Southpaw still doesn't speak to me.

It's supposed to SING to you.:thumb:

Whatever :p, I'm with Maurice on that one.

There is no competition.
The new Maladjusted album has about five excellent songs (Lost, Trouble, Edges, Wide, Alma) and another few really good ones (Both, Country, Satan).
Southpaw only has one truly great song (Nobody Loves Us) and tons of crap joyless stodge!

"Southpaw Grammar" for me all the way. Just a personal favourite.

Still cannot fathom the omission of 'Papa Jack' and 'Roy's Keen' from Maladjusted...? But do like the inclusion of ALL the b-sides..

Maladjusted would come with me. I hadn't heard it until the re-issue and I love it. I would miss Southpaw though.

Easy choice.. two of my favourite songs.. Southpaw and Nobody Loves Us with 2 of my least favourites in He Cried and Ammunition.. not too hard a choice. I would miss Trouble Loves Me and Maladjusted but I'd be ok.

Tags
castaway crusoe gilligan lost wilson
Back
Top Bottom