TMDQA!: "Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation" (February 21, 2024)

Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation

Morrissey may be causing financial inconvenience to his fans after canceling his two shows in Brazil, which were scheduled to take place this February.

According to the national producers who were responsible for the ex- The Smiths' performances in the country, the veteran musician has not yet returned the fee that was paid for the performances in advance.

Morrissey's first announcement in Brazil indicated that the artist would visit São Paulo and Brasília with the tour that celebrates his 40-year career in September last year. However, after the singer was diagnosed with Dengue, the shows were rescheduled for February 2024.

At the end of January this year, with less than a month to go before the shows scheduled for February 22nd, in São Paulo, and 24th, in Brasília, a statement said that Morrissey was “under medical supervision due to physical exhaustion.”.

Producers say Morrissey didn't pay back fees
Although Free Pass, the company that took care of the São Paulo show, confirmed the refund for those who purchased the tickets, the producer requested a period of up to 90 days to return the money to the public. This is because the amount, as provided for in the contract, was passed almost entirely to Morrissey in advance and, to date, he has not returned the amount.

OnStage Agência, responsible for the show in Brasília, also shared a similar statement and, like Free Pass, regretted the cancellation of the performance and guaranteed assistance to fans who were harmed.

Morrissey's shows would mark his fifth visit to Brazil, the last of which was in 2018, when he was promoting his 2017 album Low in High School .

While he doesn't return to the country, the musician's fans await his new album Bonfire of the Teenagers , which has been teased by the artist since 2021.

Last year, the singer accused Capital Records of having “destroyed” his career and stated that he is being subjected to “torture” in this process, although he highlighted that the company is “prepared to return [the record] for a certain price ”, without elaborating much on the possibility of a launch.

Producer statement regarding refund for Morrissey show.

Free Pass Entretenimento, responsible for organizing Morrissey's show in São Paulo and, in reference to the cancellation of the tour carried out by the artist, is hereby announcing that we are working diligently to organize the necessary procedures and request a deadline of up to 90 days to complete the process.

We also inform that, the company Ticket360, a company acting as a partner of Free Pass Entretenimento in the sale of tickets, for contractual reasons, had already transferred almost the entire amount of funds raised from the sale of tickets with Free Pass Entretenimento, funds that were paid to the artist and which have not yet been returned .

In this way, Free Pass Entretenimento guarantees its existing commitment of more than 15 years in carrying out its activities, carried out with the necessary quality and confidence, ensuring that all customers impacted by the cancellation will be duly reimbursed.

We appreciate your understanding and reiterate our request for patience during this period.

We regret the cancellation of the event and are available to resolve any potential issues.

For more information and monitoring of the refund process, please contact Free Pass Entretenimento.

This is not cool. I wonder if he used the money to buy the album back?

Translation: Morrissey has not yet returned fees for canceled shows in Brazil. Shows were supposed to take place in September 2023, were postponed until February and then cancelled. The producers say they are waiting for a position and for him to return the money he has already received for the shows that will not take place.

(2 stories merged)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which website is that? Here? You always seem to be criticising him and his official presence. Overkill. It doesn't help to sprawl his business affairs in full view either. Poor judgement, as if to accuse before knowing the facts. And as if entitled to know all facts, of other people's business.

No, not here.

I think it will help - Morrissey's crew may be too close to the problems to see a way out - so getting new people in & fresh perspectives will be a good thing.

Why should they get the money back?
They had the unforgettable experience of a Morrissey cancellation, I’ve never had one of those as much as I’ve tried.

IMG_5565.gif

Musicians pay for insurance in case they show is canceled. Morrissey would never pay, as it’s the job of his insurance company to do so with the number of cancellations had, I’m sure his insurance is high. But no reputable venue would allow him to book without insurance.

METROMy friend and I bought the tickets on the same day, in June 2023. They refunded her money in a timely manner. Not me. I am still making claims. The truth is that it hurt me.

METROIt hurt me to have bought tickets to see Morrissey. If it's true that M kept the Brazilians' money, it's a shame!! Moz fan is from Brazil. Let's wait for his opinion

What is it with Morrissey and money?

You can imagine him tossing a piece of coal to Sam because its xmas and sitting there feeling amazeballs because he's just pulled the trousers down on another set of fans, producers, band members .......

I know that the Quarry cancellations were super fun for everyone involved! How is he ever going to play live again? Unless he's playing in your town who would risk traveling to see him? I saw the Sweet and Tender Hooligans recently and they actually showed up and played a set that people wanted to hear for a quarter of the price.

He's probably waiting for his tour insurance to pay out. Not everything happens in the timeframes we wish they would.

Life is a see-saw*. The ups of Moz's poetic post about 1986, and now the downer of this cancellation conundrum. Is the universe that intent on balancing itself?

A_dog_plays_on_a_seesaw_with_children_in_Scotland,.jpg

*Teeter-totter in the US.

it was very silly of the promoters to send M the full amount,half now and the other half when the shows complete is the way it should have been done.

"I Won't Refund You" by Morrissey

In a dim-lit room, where my shadows play,
You come to me and ask me to pay.
You plead and beg, with eyes so blue,
But darling, I'm sorry, I won't refund you.

I won't refund you, for the money you threw away,
I won't refund you, for the tears that you paid.
You took your chances and I thought that you knew,
So darling, very sorry, I won't refund you.

I promised these dates, but I never made it to the stage,
I left you alone in this silly masquerade.
But now you're left with only memories, bittersweet and cruel,
Just because I won't refund you.

Maybe someday, I'll understand
The pain I caused you with my sleight of hand.
But until then, I'll bid adieu,
So darling, sorry, I WILL NOT refund you.

I won't refund you.
I won't refund you.
I won't refund you.
I won't refund you.

Last edited:
Well, I’m guessing Morrissey has a cancellation clause that protects him from this sort of thing. If cancellation is due to illness, or circumstances beyond his control, there are clauses that will protect him 100% and he does not owe anybody anything. Even when the cancellation is on the day of the show. Morrissey would never put himself in the position of losing money. He knows what he’s doing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom