TMDQA!: "Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation" (February 21, 2024)

Producers say Morrissey has not yet returned money from shows in Brazil and explains ticket situation

Morrissey may be causing financial inconvenience to his fans after canceling his two shows in Brazil, which were scheduled to take place this February.

According to the national producers who were responsible for the ex- The Smiths' performances in the country, the veteran musician has not yet returned the fee that was paid for the performances in advance.

Morrissey's first announcement in Brazil indicated that the artist would visit São Paulo and Brasília with the tour that celebrates his 40-year career in September last year. However, after the singer was diagnosed with Dengue, the shows were rescheduled for February 2024.

At the end of January this year, with less than a month to go before the shows scheduled for February 22nd, in São Paulo, and 24th, in Brasília, a statement said that Morrissey was “under medical supervision due to physical exhaustion.”.

Producers say Morrissey didn't pay back fees
Although Free Pass, the company that took care of the São Paulo show, confirmed the refund for those who purchased the tickets, the producer requested a period of up to 90 days to return the money to the public. This is because the amount, as provided for in the contract, was passed almost entirely to Morrissey in advance and, to date, he has not returned the amount.

OnStage Agência, responsible for the show in Brasília, also shared a similar statement and, like Free Pass, regretted the cancellation of the performance and guaranteed assistance to fans who were harmed.

Morrissey's shows would mark his fifth visit to Brazil, the last of which was in 2018, when he was promoting his 2017 album Low in High School .

While he doesn't return to the country, the musician's fans await his new album Bonfire of the Teenagers , which has been teased by the artist since 2021.

Last year, the singer accused Capital Records of having “destroyed” his career and stated that he is being subjected to “torture” in this process, although he highlighted that the company is “prepared to return [the record] for a certain price ”, without elaborating much on the possibility of a launch.

Producer statement regarding refund for Morrissey show.

Free Pass Entretenimento, responsible for organizing Morrissey's show in São Paulo and, in reference to the cancellation of the tour carried out by the artist, is hereby announcing that we are working diligently to organize the necessary procedures and request a deadline of up to 90 days to complete the process.

We also inform that, the company Ticket360, a company acting as a partner of Free Pass Entretenimento in the sale of tickets, for contractual reasons, had already transferred almost the entire amount of funds raised from the sale of tickets with Free Pass Entretenimento, funds that were paid to the artist and which have not yet been returned .

In this way, Free Pass Entretenimento guarantees its existing commitment of more than 15 years in carrying out its activities, carried out with the necessary quality and confidence, ensuring that all customers impacted by the cancellation will be duly reimbursed.

We appreciate your understanding and reiterate our request for patience during this period.

We regret the cancellation of the event and are available to resolve any potential issues.

For more information and monitoring of the refund process, please contact Free Pass Entretenimento.

This is not cool. I wonder if he used the money to buy the album back?

Translation: Morrissey has not yet returned fees for canceled shows in Brazil. Shows were supposed to take place in September 2023, were postponed until February and then cancelled. The producers say they are waiting for a position and for him to return the money he has already received for the shows that will not take place.

(2 stories merged)

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point all you can do is laugh at people who are still fans of Morrissey and mutter "clowns!" under your breath.
Are you really not a fan at all anymore? I’m as frustrated as the next guy, but I still consider myself a fan.

We all know moz, takes these news things seriously and writes songs about them.

(Verse 1)
In the heart of São Paulo, dreams set to play,
Morrissey promised a melody in February's sway.
But Dengue struck, and plans were torn,
A tired troubadour, weary and worn.

(Chorus)
Oh, Morrissey, where's the refund you owe?
Producers pleading, in frustration, they show.
Tickets sold, the crowd awaits,
Yet the money's adrift in contractual states.

(Verse 2)
Free Pass declared, a promise to fulfill,
Yet 90 days they seek, a financial chill.
Ticket360's plea, funds in limbo dance,
As fans yearn for the return of their chance.

(Chorus)
Producers pleading, in frustration, they show.
Contracts signed, commitments professed,
Yet the echoes of reimbursement are yet to manifest.

(Bridge)
In Brasília's night, where the music would soar,
OnStage Agência echoes, a similar lore.
Regrets voiced, assistance vowed,
As the waiting crowd remains uncowed.

(Verse 3)
Fifth visit promised, a return to the stage,
Yet the refund quest, an ongoing page.
Low in High School echoed in 2018's sound,
Now the promise lingers, Bonfire of the Teenagers around.

(Chorus)
Fans still linger, in the afterglow.
Capital Records accused, career's demise,
As patience wanes, redemption tries.

(Outro)
A troubadour's saga, in Brazil's embrace,
A chapter of delays

As Ricky Gervais put it - we're all going to die, and there's no sequel.
The post was worth a chuckle. Chill out.

People are weird, man. If Morrissey is in the wrong, then it will eventually get sorted out.

Are you really not a fan at all anymore? I’m as frustrated as the next guy, but I still consider myself a fan.
I mean I am a fan in the sense that I want him to be himself again and he has meant so much to me, more than any artist for at least 30 years. I'll always be a fan of the Morrissey of 1985 (when I came onboard) to 2015. That is a lot of time and a lot of great music. I'll always be watching to see if a miracle happens and he returns to being a cool person and a transcendent artist...I guess that means I'm still a fan. It's complicated.

I mean I am a fan in the sense that I want him to be himself again and he has meant so much to me, more than any artist for at least 30 years. I'll always be a fan of the Morrissey of 1985 (when I came onboard) to 2015. That is a lot of time and a lot of great music. I'll always be watching to see if a miracle happens and he returns to being a cool person and a transcendent artist...I guess that means I'm still a fan. It's complicated.
I think we’re in the same boat.

Musicians pay for insurance in case they show is canceled. Morrissey would never pay, as it’s the job of his insurance company to do so with the number of cancellations had, I’m sure his insurance is high. But no reputable venue would allow him to book without insurance.
Nail on head!

Maybe Moz is struggling with his mental health and needs help.
If he does, I hope he’s acknowledging that and I hope he receives the help he needs.

Have to say I'm disappointed
Trawled through this to find the Skinny "it's all about the money" post but it's not there
Site gone to the dogs

What is it with Morrissey and money?

You can imagine him tossing a piece of coal to Sam because its xmas and sitting there feeling amazeballs because he's just pulled the trousers down on another set of fans, producers, band members .......
MC makes more sense if Sam is paid in coal

Gossip, gossip, gossip. I'd imagine the logistics of mass refunds are tricky and take time to sort out, even if on the surface things seem straightforward. I don't see why this "news" should be publicly spread about. I definitely can't imagine that he's intentionally dicking his fans out of money. I don't think he cancels shows lightly.

Gossip, gossip, gossip. I'd imagine the logistics of mass refunds are tricky and take time to sort out, even if on the surface things seem straightforward. I don't see why this "news" should be publicly spread about. I definitely can't imagine that he's intentionally dicking his fans out of money. I don't think he cancels shows lightly.
People who visit this website have really big challenges in using their brains to arrive at such normal conclusions

2015 is when it began to all go noticeably wrong. List of the Lost should have never been published.

2015 is when it began to all go noticeably wrong. List of the Lost should have never been published.

I would argue it started in 2014 when the relationship soured with Harvest. We saw Morrissey acting in a way we had not seen before (at least to that level). I won't bother listing all the items I'm referring to but most of you know them. It also seemed to set a template for how he worked with record companies that's lasted as recently as Capitol.

Maybe Moz is struggling with his mental health and needs help.

How dare you treat him like a human being, and on solo! of all places.

If he does, I hope he’s acknowledging that and I hope he receives the help he needs.

Yes. I think we should take the hiring of a manager as a healthy sign, and a step in the right direction.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom