The Drivel Thread

no, i just mean that what if i run out of money and cant afford a plane ticket home or that kind of thing? but if i did die, yes i would want my bear with me. you dont understand, i love him more than you love your children. if a building were burning down and my bear was in it and i had the choice of rescuing him or rescuing a dog or a person, you better believe id choose my Eddo. i dont care how that sounds.

how can you stand the smell of pot though?! it makes me wanna punch the person in the face! which would be doubly satisfying because pot smokers always have the most inanely smug expressions on their faces!

Oh, I love the smell to this day. I like sharp, tangy smells. "Pot culture" is pretty awful, agreed. I think worse than the facial expression is the stoned, casual affectation in the speech. "All's good." I never liked smoking pot with other people. Not only did it make me self-conscious, but other people inevitably want to talk, and that's something I'd rather do sober. I preferred smoking pot in a dimly-lit room and listening to music like Sgt. Pepper or dhrupad or the Lucifer Rising soundtrack. I had strict rules about set & setting.

Oh, I love the smell to this day. I like sharp, tangy smells. "Pot culture" is pretty awful, agreed. I think worse than the facial expression is the stoned, casual affectation in the speech. "All's good." I never liked smoking pot with other people. Not only did it make me self-conscious, but other people inevitably want to talk, and that's something I'd rather do sober. I preferred smoking pot in a dimly-lit room and listening to music like Sgt. Pepper or dhrupad the Lucifer Rising soundtrack. I had strict rules about set & setting.
That's okay then. People just do it on the street, they do it at bus stops. It's like "dude you can't smoke at bus stops". They think it doesn't count as smoking. You smell it on every street corner at all hours of day, even 7am. It makes me so mad because sometimes you just wanna breathe clean air, you know?!

I'm surprised you like the smell because it smells exactly like a honey ham mixed with greasy filthy jeans.

How do I know he's not sentient? How do I know a dog is? How do I know my sentience hasn't leached into him, that I haven't loved him into being? Sentience is a tricky thing, I don't pretend to know where it begins and ends.

I would say sentience (so far as we can tell) requires at least a brain.

These posts remind me of my unemployed 31 year old cousin, who, over the past five years, instead of finding a job and getting money together to buy a house, has been telling his parents that he's going to move to Amsterdam and wash dishes in a hostel (an idea he got from a friend). Despite all his talk he has never actually done it of course, I'm not sure if he even has a passport. I assumed he was mostly saying it as a way of getting his parents off his back about finding a job, until eventually the free ride stops and he's forced to go and lug himself around Amsterdam and live in a hostel with Moroccans and Somalis because he hasn't put any thought into any smarter ideas. Ideas that might have, you know, a future to them. Apparently a hostel in a foreign country is preferable to accumulating money in his own country and buying a house in his mid-30s.

I laugh about it with another family member whenever I'm given the opportunity and typically I refer to my cousin as "The Fool" to identify who I'm talking about. I thought anybody with a lick of sense would see it for the atrocious idea that it is, but here we have people wanting to live as hobos and in hostels and by their "wits" in London (and Vienna, and Dublin, because there are no options other than capital cities for some reason--- the most expensive places to live). Marvellous stuff. Your wits are really going to serve you well in white British minority, crime ridden London. You'd get stabbed within a week.

I talk to someone from England who liked to get the train from the Midlands to London on her own to meet new people and go out to bars at night. I warned her numerous times that it was a bad idea but she'd go anyway. Then one night about three years ago she got in an argument with the friend she had gone to London to see and started walking back alone to where she was staying, but on the way there got dragged off the footpath and sexually assaulted by a Romanian convicted criminal who had only been in England for a couple of weeks. She got a £40,000 payout which is great isn't it; don't properly vet the people coming into the country and throw some money to the natives as recompense when they bear the brunt of it.

But yes, modern London is an ideal location for impecunious North Americans living by their wits. If you wouldn't go and stay in a hostel in New York you shouldn't in London either. As for Dublin, there was a story a few days ago about an American who had come to Ireland to trace his roots, who was walking down Talbot Street (a street with many hostels) when he was set upon by a group of teenagers for no apparent reason and hospitalised. To cut a long story short, the awfulness of the ideas I've read here tonight appalls me and if I had questions about the common sense of some people on this forum, the questions have been answered :clap:.

AMENDMENT: Aubrey has stated that he wouldn't live as a hobo in London, only in other English cities/towns, and would just travel to London on the bus or train to visit the city while living as a hobo in those other places.

Last edited:
These posts remind me of my unemployed 31 year old cousin, who, over the past five years, instead of finding a job and getting money together to buy a house, has been telling his parents that he's going to move to Amsterdam and wash dishes in a hostel (an idea he got from a friend). Despite all his talk he has never actually done it of course, I'm not sure if he even has a passport. I assumed he was mostly saying it as a way of getting his parents off his back about finding a job, until eventually the free ride stops and he's forced to go and lug himself around Amsterdam and live in a hostel with Moroccans and Somalis because he hasn't put any thought into any smarter ideas. Ideas that might have, you know, a future to them. Apparently a hostel in a foreign country is preferable to accumulating money in his own country and buying a house in his mid-30s.

I laugh about it with another family member whenever I'm given the opportunity and typically I refer to my cousin as "The Fool" to identify who I'm talking about. I thought anybody with a lick of sense would see it for the atrocious idea that it is, but here we have people wanting to live as hobos and in hostels and by their "wits" in London (and Vienna, and Dublin, because there are no options other than capital cities for some reason--- the most expensive places to live). Marvellous stuff. Your wits are really going to serve you well in white British minority, crime ridden London. You'd get stabbed within a week.

I talk to someone from England who liked to get the train from the Midlands to London on her own to meet new people and go out to bars at night. I warned her numerous times that it was a bad idea but she'd go anyway. Then one night about three years ago she got in an argument with the friend she had gone to London to see and started walking back alone to where she was staying, but on the way there got dragged off the footpath and sexually assaulted by a Romanian convicted criminal who had only been in England for a couple of weeks. She got a £40,000 payout which is great isn't it; don't properly vet the people coming into the country and throw some money to the natives as recompense when they bear the brunt of it.

But yes, modern London is an ideal location for impecunious North Americans living by their wits. If you wouldn't go and stay in a hostel in New York you shouldn't in London either. As for Dublin, there was a story a few days ago about an American who had come to Ireland to trace his roots, who was walking down Talbot Street (a street with many hostels) when he was set upon by a group of teenagers for no apparent reason and hospitalised. To cut a long story short, the awfulness of the ideas I've read here tonight appalls me and if I had questions about the common sense of some people on this forum, the questions have been answered :clap:.
hows that affair with the married religious woman you know only from the internet going, honey bunny?! inquiring minds want to know!!

anyway, the good conversation is gone now so im gonna go watch the rubin report! night!

At the end of one version of Jack the Ripper, Morrissey says “You’re never going home!”. I wonder what he means. If he means me, there’ll be no more visiting my psychiatrist, and no more anti-psychotic ‘medication’. I know it isn’t what keeps me sane. I only take the pills so that I don’t have to lie to my shrink. He’s personable, so it would be hard to lie to him, so I just take the damned pills. They don’t stop me from going insane. I’ve gotten psychotic while on the medication several times. It’s other factors that keep me sane. It’s hard to explain what they are, even to myself, but I know the medication doesn’t mean sanity.

This just shows that you have poor reading comprehension. I specifically said that I would avoid bumming around London for the reasons you mentioned. I do not trust my wits to allow me to survive among the homeless/illegal immigrant population in a large city. I said I would go someplace smaller and safer.

Living hand to mouth is not that hard. I once worked in a bookstore with a girl who had no address and was living out of a camper van. She was a goofy "white girl with dreadlocks" type, and nicky wire's legs probably would've disliked her because she often smelled like marijuana. Other times she smelled like scented hippie oils. You could tell there was a lack of access to running water and that she was trying to drown her bodily stench in aromatics. She said she occasionally checked into a welfare motel to have a shower. And someone else, who didn't like her, mumbled out of her hearing range, "yeah, I don't think so, honey."

Last edited:
Thank you for saying I have excellent reading comprehension, I agree. No, I'm joking, you said I have poor reading comprehension--- see, I comprehended it correctly :mad::mad:. I had only read the first couple of posts of the discussion when I began writing mine; it wasn't my fault that you both kept writing and writing before I had a chance to say my piece. So my reading comprehension isn't poor, I hadn't even read the follow-up posts! How was I to know that you would so quickly chicken out of surviving in London by your wits? Your about-face occurred so swiftly that my four paragraph post, which I was in the middle of writing, contained a number of inexactitudes by the time I was finished with it. Say what you will about Rifke's dreadful, extremely dangerous hostel idea, at least she'll stick with it and won't have talked herself back out of it before the conversation is through, like a big ol' chicken! Buk buk buk! Suddenly afraid of getting shanked in London are you Aubrey? Buk buk buk, ba-gawk!

Baroness Von Sketch Show Cbc GIF

Nice try, but I doubt it took you an hour and 20 minutes to write four paragraphs. Even Dirk Blaggard, meticulous crafter of posts, doesn’t spend that long. But even assuming you got distracted by something else, your reading comprehension is still the problem here, because I didn’t say I was going to London in the first place. London was the plan of n. wire’s legs; England generically was always mine. Jesus.

No, not poor, you weren't crystal clear in the first couple of posts about what you meant.

Wasn't there a point where you were considering moving to London (England)?
If I weren't tied down, that's probably what I'd do
: put all my things in storage, go to England, and try to live by my wits.

As we can see: you asked Rifke about her moving to London, said if you weren't tied down it's probably what you would do, then broadened it to say you would go to England. If you had said: "that's probably what I'd do: go to England (not London though, somewhere else)" and if I still wrote what I wrote, then I would have to agree that my reading comprehension was poor on that night. But you weren't exact enough, and I began writing before I saw the subsequent posts which clarified things. Living by your wits without secure accommodation in a "smaller, safer city" in England isn't a massive improvement anyway! The post was mostly directed at Rifke and you got caught in the middle of it. Sorry if you're bothered that your posts weren't thoroughly analysed before I wrote my post which simply plucked out the "living by my wits" line for use as a cudgel and really didn't directly say much else about them. I've shown that my reading comprehension wasn't at fault and your opening post wasn't clear enough, but now that you've raised a point of contention I'll add an amendment to the original post to eliminate any confusion.

Honey bunny's probably never even been to London so he imagines it as far scarier than it actually is. He probably gets his ideas about london from watching podcast of the lotus eaters.

Honey bunny, is it that you're imagining these hostels to be full of refugees?? You know that you need a credit card to check into most hostels right??

We probably scared him off with all the talk of photographic proof. Come for me Moz. Photographs or no photographs.

“You know how much I love sugary American pop-punk, don’t you, Sharon dear? Jerry Finn, requiescat in pace. (crosses self) Well, I’m sure you know the song, Dirty Little Secret. That is us. You’re a girl and I’m a boy. Don’t tell anyone.”

“You know how much I love sugary American pop-punk, don’t you, Sharon dear? Jerry Finn, requiescat in pace. (crosses self) Well, I’m sure you know the song, Dirty Little Secret. That is us. You’re a girl and I’m a boy. Don’t tell anyone.”
I remember Morrissey saying that he doesn’t like making a spectacle out of coupling with someone. He said it in so many words.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom