That's How People Grow Up

Why do so many people dislike this song? I love it. Please explain.

Because the lyrics are recycled...

"I was driving in my car...and I broke my spine"....

Shades of there is a light and Is It Really So Strange?

And because it has the dreaded word "Sweetie" in it...

just terrible wordplay in this song

Why do so many people dislike this song? I love it. Please explain.

Maybe because the lyrics are poorly written (Moz in sleepwalk mode), and the music and melody are boring?

I like it :) not the best lyrically or musically but I do find myself listening to it quite a lot.

I didn't like it at first, that much, because I was comparing it to "All You Need Is Me", which I think is one of his best. Now I like it a lot too.

Because most Morrissey fans will like most of the shit he puts out??? Seriously, this is the guy that wrote "Still Ill", and because he once wrote a great song, people think that the shit he still writes now is still brilliant. For the most part, it's not...

Well no, it is not his best. The lyrics and the music is a little basic. Although, it is really catchy and I really like it. :)

Because most Morrissey fans will like most of the shit he puts out??? Seriously, this is the guy that wrote "Still Ill", and because he once wrote a great song, people think that the shit he still writes now is still brilliant. For the most part, it's not...

If you think that, why are you here?

Go find a Smiths forum.

I didn't like it at first, that much, because I was comparing it to "All You Need Is Me", which I think is one of his best. Now I like it a lot too.

This is pretty much my take on the tune, as well, though I don't think either song is one of his best. I do however like the accordion bit, which I think is pretty inspired. Gives it, too, something of a Latin feel: a nice departure.

I think I like it about as much as You Have Killed Me when that first came out. It'd make a great pop b-side on a single with an a-side that aims high.

i love the song and i actualy prefer it over All You Need Is Me. i find the melody a lot better and more exciting than in AYNIM.. i do, however, find some of the lyrics cringeworthy ("i was driving my car" etc..)
still, i think it´s a very good song, his singing is fantastic on it..

Because The Smiths' still is a very important part of who he is?

"Oscar Wilde" clearly has no interest or enthusiasm for any of Morrissey's more recent work. Therefore I don't see any point in him posting here, when all he is saying is how shit Morrissey's new songs are. The Smiths split 20 years ago :rolleyes:

If you think that, why are you here?

Go find a Smiths forum.

Because a Morrissey / Smiths musical forum is not a forum for idolatry of his music but exactly what the concept of a forum is... the discussion, debate and critique of his music as well as news, information, and discussion related and in between the fan base.

Can you imagine how boring it would be if every time he did something someone said:

"I think that was great" followed by one hundred posts of "I agree"

Please... the only reason I come here is because there are people who will stand up and say... "I don't like this and here is why..." or "I like it and here is why... and it's not just because the name on the front is Morrissey" I find them far more interesting then the people who are simply sheep.

Back
Top Bottom