"That's How People Grow Up" Press Release

Bournemoz

Just taken stock of the new promo cd.

Below is a transcript of what is attached on the back of the case.

Morrissey recently signed to Decca and the first release from this new chapter in his astonishing career is the brand new single "That's How People Grow Up" on January 28th. A week later on February 4th Morrissey releases a 15 track Greatest Hits album which spans his 20 year solo career. One of two new songs to be included on the Greatest Hits collection, "That's How People Grow Up" was recorded in Houston, Texas with Jerry Finn, producer of 2004's widely acclaimed No.2 album "You Are The Quarry". Morrissey is currently working with Finn on his new studio album which will arrive in late 2008 and is the follow up to 2006's No.1 "Ringleader Of The Tormentors". "That's How People Grow Up" will be made available on CD and two 7" vinyls, backed with live versions of "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" and "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself". A live version of "That's How People Grow Up" will be available as a digital exclusive. On the subject of live dates, Morrissey has 9 sold out shows for early 2008 including 6 nights at The Roundhouse.

Morrissey recently signed to Decca and the first release from this new chapter in his astonishing career is the brand new single "That's How People Grow Up" on January 28th. A week later on February 4th Morrissey releases a 15 track Greatest Hits album which spans his 20 year solo career. One of two new songs to be included on the Greatest Hits collection, "That's How People Grow Up" was recorded in Houston, Texas with Jerry Finn, producer of 2004's widely acclaimed No.2 album "You Are The Quarry". Morrissey is currently working with Finn on his new studio album which will arrive in late 2008 and is the follow up to 2006's No.1 "Ringleader Of The Tormentors". "That's How People Grow Up" will be made available on CD and two 7" vinyls, backed with live versions of "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" and "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself". A live version of "That's How People Grow Up" will be available as a digital exclusive. On the subject of live dates, Morrissey has 9 sold out shows for early 2008 including 6 nights at The Roundhouse.

Thanks for this, Bournemoz. :D

Appears as though the Kristeen episode ended Visconti's involvement, as predicted, which is a real shame. Visconti took a lot of flak primarily because it was hard to accept the blame for the recent uninspired music lay at Morrissey's feet, and the few fevered moments Visconti had with the reverb were blown out of all proportion. Songs such as Christian Dior, On The Streets I Ran, Dear God Please Help Me, The Youngest Was The Most Loved - all of these were saved by his production from being unmitigated disasters.

Compare the lavish and sophisticated sound of Visconti with Finn's That's How People Grow Up - you can hardly hear the accordion or Young - and things suddenly don't look very auspicious.

It's the complete opposite of the England football team: the squad was there but the manager was hopeless. Morrissey had rubbish songs but a producer who made them sound grand.

Shame.

Appears as though the Kristeen episode ended Visconti's involvement, as predicted, which is a real shame. Visconti took a lot of flak primarily because it was hard to accept the blame for the recent uninspired music lay at Morrissey's feet, and the few fevered moments Visconti had with the reverb were blown out of all proportion. Songs such as Christian Dior, On The Streets I Ran, Dear God Please Help Me, The Youngest Was The Most Loved - all of these were saved by his production from being unmitigated disasters.

Compare the lavish and sophisticated sound of Visconti with Finn's That's How People Grow Up - you can hardly hear the accordion or Young - and things suddenly don't look very auspicious.

It's the complete opposite of the England football team: the squad was there but the manager was hopeless. Morrissey had rubbish songs but a producer who made them sound grand.

Shame.

Interesting points, but from what I understand, Visconti was sacked BEFORE the Kristeen debacle.

Finn was announced as the upcoming producer before the Hammerstein gigs.

Interesting points, but from what I understand, Visconti was sacked BEFORE the Kristeen debacle.

Finn was announced as the upcoming producer before the Hammerstein gigs.

Originally Finn was supporsed to produce ROTT, but he fell ill and Visconti was called.
I love Visconti's production, but for some reasons Finn is back on board again.

Let's hope Visconti will produce Morrissey's 10th studio album in near future.

I think Finn being back on board might be related to Alain Whyte's recent involvement with him when he guested on the latest Tiger Army CD. Perhaps Alain persuaded Morrissey to give him another go?

Just supposition on my part.

Good detective work. I'll have to check out those new Tiger Army tracks, then.

I think Finn being back on board might be related to Alain Whyte's recent involvement with him when he guested on the latest Tiger Army CD. Perhaps Alain persuaded Morrissey to give him another go?

Just supposition on my part.

I love iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom