tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

"Naked" is a truly gr8 film, maybe his best :straightface: but I even really liked his more recent films like "Happy Go Lucky" :guitar:

I love Happy-Go-Lucky. I really fell in love with Poppy when I saw that film.

600full-the-royal-tenenbaums----criterion-collection-cover.jpg

This is one of my desert island top ten favorite movies. One of the others I watched today, incidentally:

MV5BMTI2NDI5ODk4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTI3NTE3._V1._SY317_.jpg

At the Glasgow Film Festival last week I saw a brilliant film called 'Treacle Jr.' ~ http://www.treaclejr.com/
5.jpg

The less you know about the story the better. If I said it was 'about' a guy who walks out on his wife and child to become homeless on the streets of South London before moving in with a mentally ill Irish simpelton with a speech impediment and a violently abusive girlfriend you might think 'erm...maybe later'. But it's a beautiful film - moving, hilarious, frightening and finally uplifting. Wonderfully filmed on the fly in South London -excellent shot composition and flawlessly structured. Superb performances from all three leads, with Aiden Gillen in a role unlike his usual stuff. If you get a chance, see this film.
And then a BBC2 Sunday lunch with Powell and Pressburger's 'I Know Where I'm Going!' - it never fails to cast it's spell. Possibly the only thing in this world that could even come close to making me feel proud to be 'Scottish' :eek:
vlcsnap341293sh2.png

Possibly the only thing in this world that could even come close to making me feel proud to be 'Scottish' :eek:

Don't forget the shortbread! :p I'd like to see that movie.

I watched the Oscars last night and am reading the online comments about people boycotting them and not associating with movies because they are nominated and people not interested unless thy know someone in them. :squiffy: The ten movies nominated are all equally powerful in imagery and message, even Toy Story 3. So to those who dismiss a movie because of it's affiliation to Hollywood, I say phooey. I mean the ceremony itself was bizarrely awkward, but the movies. f***. They used a different montage last night to sum them up that was quite moving but this one does as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

MV5BNzIwNjQ2MzE2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUxNzY5MQ_V1_SY317_CR510214317_.jpg

I really liked it. :)

The pic looks like it's from the French release; the movie is in a mix of English, Zulu and Hebrew. The English title on Netflix is "James' Journey to Jerusalem".

Babylon_AD_poster.jpg

it was crap :straightface: I give it a D+, and not an F only because Michelle Yeoh was in it :love:

ps: the girl who played the main character, Aurora, was not bad either, I think I've seen her in other things that were good, perhaps French movies :confused:
anyways, but Vin Diesel's terribleness sucks the life out of most films he is in, really, he should be put down just for being a rabid dog :cool:

the20fall.jpg

I really liked it. I would give it four stars. Lee Pace is so gorgeous!:love: Have you seen this movie robby?

the20fall.jpg

I really liked it. I would give it four stars. Lee Pace is so gorgeous!:love: Have you seen this movie robby?
no, but I want to :) just have not gotten around to it yet :o
anyways, a few days ago I watched
tumblr_lg7p7wANho1qchzj7o1_400.jpg

& it was batter than I thought it would be :eek:
I really only DVRed it because I saw that Asia Argento was in it :blushing:
I give it a B+ :thumb:

Saw 'Unknown' starring Liam Neeson on Saturday. I thought it was entertaining with a good twist.

I watched again 500 days of Summer however I was with my lovely girl

Saw 'Unknown' starring Liam Neeson on Saturday. I thought it was entertaining with a good twist.

Is it loud? Saw the preview in a theatre and it nearly blew my eardrums out. For no discernible reason, an almighty cosmic SLAM punctuated every sentence of dialogue. Pointless and irritating.

Continuing in my quest to live in the past, I saw "The Molly Maguires" this past weekend, a 1970 film with Sean Connery (another reason for Scottish pride, Frady!) and the late, lamented Richard Harris. True if not entirely historically accurate story of Irish immigrant workers in the coal mines of Pennsylvania, and how some rebelled violently against their exploitation by cruel mine owners. A feckin' powerful surge of Irish-American pride swelleth in me. My people! Always good with explosives we were.

Is it loud? Saw the preview in a theatre and it nearly blew my eardrums out. For no discernible reason, an almighty cosmic SLAM punctuated every sentence of dialogue. Pointless and irritating.

Continuing in my quest to live in the past, I saw "The Molly Maguires" this past weekend, a 1970 film with Sean Connery (another reason for Scottish pride, Frady!) and the late, lamented Richard Harris. True if not entirely historically accurate story of Irish immigrant workers in the coal mines of Pennsylvania, and how some rebelled violently against their exploitation by cruel mine owners. A feckin' powerful surge of Irish-American pride swelleth in me. My people! Always good with explosives we were.

:lbf: With the historically-high number of 14 Sinn Féin candidates recently elected into Dáil Eireann/the Irish parliament, this is now your country. :eek: :D

I was being a bit flippant, of course - I'm not pro-violence. Neither are the Sinn Féin people anymore, one hopes.

Do you have a new Taoiseach yet?

and

both oldies and exceptionally good films:thumb:

Definitely intrigued by Treacle Jr... and will look it out. Cheers for the heads up;)

I haven't seen that Beethoven film. It looks heart-wrenching. To lose your hearing, your connection to your craft. Frightening.

And those 20 minutes of Amadeus should've NEVER been cut, it explains Constanza's disdain for Salieri in the later scenes that before left me baffled. Amadeus is an amazing movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't seen that Beethoven film. It looks heart-wrenching. To lose your hearing, your connection to your craft. Frightening.

And those 20 minutes of Amadeus should've NEVER been cut, it explains Constanza's disdain for Salieri in the later scenes that before left me baffled. Amadeus is an amazing movie.
I haven't seen both of them yet.
D'you recomend them?

Some parts are quite loud yeah, there's a crash scene and some car chases :p.

I was being a bit flippant, of course - I'm not pro-violence. Neither are the Sinn Féin people anymore, one hopes.

Do you have a new Taoiseach yet?

Surely it'd have to be Fine Gael leader, Enda Kenny, with their indisputable majority? Someone referred to him today as a James Bond lookalike or candidate. I suppose he does have an old-fashioned not-altogether unfavourable profile. Though how could he not be an improvement?! We can only hope, as a motley crew enters government.

Sure he's not bad looking. Morrissey is certain to approve, as he thought Brian Cowen was too ugly to be in charge (yes, he's that shallow).
enda-kenny.jpg

P.S. Oooh! And he's from County Mayo, I see -- he's definitely alright then.

Last edited:
Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom