tell us about the last Film you saw

Then I watched
MV5BMTU2MTgyOTk3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTg2NTI5_V1_SY317_.jpg

I was SO disappointed. I actually like Eminem, but thought the movie was stupid (two hours for a single rap contest??) and that the raps in the movie were childish. I lost some respect for rap as a genre.

I loved this movie. :o

I loved this movie.
me too :eek:
&
you beat me to it again CG :p
anyways, late last night I watched
Mystery_date_poster.jpg

As I watched it, I remember I had seen it almost 20 years ago :eek:
and with a hot "dirty blonde" named Catherine(who looked a bit like Teri Polo) man, I wonder where she is now :confused:
anyways, the movie was OK I guess, C+?
More of a reminder of how much simpler my life was 20 years ago, you know I only 2 pairs of civie clothes, and wore the same dull greens uniform almost everyday :rolleyes:
and back then we only had 1 war in the middle east, simpler times indeed :cool:

Saw Limitless this afternoon.
Too long by about 30 minutes. There was nothing particularly original about the film. Guy takes pill, makes him super smart, rest of film is about problems of supply and side effects. It felt like a superficial blur with no depth to anything.

Saw Limitless this afternoon.
Too long by about 30 minutes. There was nothing particularly original about the film. Guy takes pill, makes him super smart, rest of film is about problems of supply and side effects. It felt like a superficial blur with no depth to anything.
sounds like I can skip that one then :o
moving on, yesterday I finally saw
Let_Me_In.jpg

I was prepared for the worst, I mean ,the original Swedish film of 2008 was one of the best films that year. :guitar:
This American remake was not as good, however, still, with such a wonderful cast, soundtrack and still adorable yet bloody love story wrapped in a "Vamp movie"
I give it an A-(A+ for the original of course)

ps: Chloë & Kodi had real gr8 screen chemistry, they should be cast together again, take note Hollywood :guitar:

But we disagreed on Franklyn and 8 Mile - you might like it!
like I said before, I don't know if I really liked it, I usually like any film I've seen while high :cool::lbf:
anyways, back on task, yesterday I got my Deutsch on:guitar:
White_ribbon.jpg

this is the 2nd time I've seen it, but this time I watched it with my mother :eek:
who does not speak any German* and is usually adverse to watching films with subtitles :rolleyes:
but she DVRed this, so I watched it with her and she liked it :thumb:
Therefore, I give it an A :)

*=Ich verstandte nur ein bisschen Deutsch

I have been watching more TV shows than movies lately. I watched "Better off Ted" last night. It's funny.

like I said before, I don't know if I really liked it, I usually like any film I've seen while high :cool::lbf:
anyways, back on task, yesterday I got my Deutsch on:guitar:
White_ribbon.jpg

this is the 2nd time I've seen it, but this time I watched it with my mother :eek:
who does not speak any German* and is usually adverse to watching films with subtitles :rolleyes:
but she DVRed this, so I watched it with her and she liked it :thumb:
Therefore, I give it an A :)

*=Ich verstandte nur ein bisschen Deutsch

I love Michael Haneke. Das weiße Band is great.

I have been watching more TV shows than movies lately. I watched "Better off Ted" last night. It's funny.

I LOVE Better Off Ted!!! One of the best series in recent history, so of course it was cancelled after two short seasons because TV executives are idiots. The second season was even better than the first.

I also watched most of Runaway Jury this afternoon at the gym. It was better than I expected. I haven't seen the last 20 minutes though, so don't tell me what happens.

Submarine

Mr Nightie gave this the big sell, saying it was part Gregory's Girl, pat Taxi Driver.... it was sadly neither.
Funniest bit in film was where the parents congratulate the main character on getting a girlfriend "Well done"
Main character is pathetic, but not in a funny way like Gregory was in Gregory's girl. Girlfriend was no Claire Grogan either!
This didn't have me squirming in my shoes the way a film about being a teenager should... it just plodded along with a few moments of comedy and a few good lines chucked in for good measure. Disappointing - but i blame Mr Nightie for the big build up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killing Bono (dir. Nick Hamm 2011)

I went to a preview screening last night.
Before the screening we had a chance to meet the real Neil McCormick himself.
The film is based on a true story about brothers McCormick, Neil and Ivan who went to the same school with the members of U2.
If you enjoy watching films like 'Commitments', you won't be disappointed.

Very poignant to see late great Pete Postlethwaite who was originally casted as ganglord Danny, but due to his illness his part was changed to gay landlord Karl.

You and your bloody grades!!!

As soon as I saw them I knew it was you. :D
well, no grades on this next one, because its really an acquired taste thing :straightface:
last night I watched the "super" unedited version of
Nightbreedposter.jpg

um, I already liked the flawed original and then the 1st "improved" version, but now this super long one is just plain awesome :)
that is if you are big horror fan like me :o

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom