Swords - Tracklisting

Swords will be released by Universal in the UK on Monday 26/10/09.
It will be available on CD and 2xLP.

The LP tracklisting is as follows:

Disc 1 - Side 1
1. Good Looking Man About Town
2. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
3. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
4. Ganglord

Disc 1 - Side 2
1. My Dearest Love
2. The Never-Played Symphonies
3. Sweetie Pie
4. Christian Dior

Disc 2 - Side 1
1. Shame Is The Name
2. Munich Air Disaster 1958
3. I Knew I Was Next
4. It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
5. Teenage Dad On His Estate

Disc 2 - Side 2
1. Children In Pieces
2. Friday Mourning
3. My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye
4. Drive-In Saturday
5. Because Of My Poor Education

The initial CD orders come superbly packaged with a bonus disc recorded live in Warsaw. It contains 8 tracks never before released, recorded during his current 2009 world tour and captures Morrissey in awesome form.

Another pointless Moz-release then, with no new songs. And of course all we fans have all the b-sides already.

I'm optimistic about the reviews. There's so much more imagination (musically and lyrically) in many of these songs than on the recent studio albums.
The last three albums have all scored 70 something (out of 100) on Meta Crritic (which gives a weighted average of music press and newspaper reviews). Reckon Swords could get 80 altho the ROTT b-sides could drag it down...

Keep dreaming. The reviews won't be any better than those for Burglary Years or World of Moz. The inclusion of a live-song and Sweetie Pie implies that Moz doesn't care either way:)

Another pointless Moz-release then, with no new songs. And of course all we fans have all the b-sides already.

I disagree with this. I am very excited about the release of Swords.Something is not pointless purely because it not appeal to someone. And not every single Morrissey fan does have all the b-sides already.

I think the unreleased tracks will be live versions of YOR songs + You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby.

Woo Hoo!!!! Swords!!! Can't wait!:thumb:

I'm optimistic about the reviews. There's so much more imagination (musically and lyrically) in many of these songs than on the recent studio albums.
The last three albums have all scored 70 something (out of 100) on Meta Crritic (which gives a weighted average of music press and newspaper reviews). Reckon Swords could get 80 altho the ROTT b-sides could drag it down...

from metacritic:

YATQ - 72/100
ROTT - 75/100
YOR - 79/100

I like Swords tracklisting - there are a few b-sides I don't have so :thumb: :guitar:

No 'Playing Easy To Get' :(
Still, there a couple of songs I actually haven't heard(So shoot me) and was waiting for this release to hear them for the first time which will be nice.

The initial CD orders come superbly packaged with a bonus disc recorded live in Warsaw. It contains 8 tracks never before released, recorded during his current 2009 world tour and captures Morrissey in awesome form.

Does this mean it will be a limited edition bonus disk, limited to the first few thousand orders? :confused:

Does this mean it will be a limited edition bonus disk, limited to the first few thousand orders? :confused:

Hopefully TTY or official site will post the full details soon.

So he omitted these, 3 cover and 5 lowly rated (by the fans) songs:

No One Can Hold A Candle To You
I Am Two People
The Public Image
Mexico
Slum Mums
Noise Is The Best Revenge
A Song From Under The Floorboards
Human Being

I cannot understand why there are so many Quarry b-sides. They were already issued on the Quarry deluxe edition! And yet there are plenty of b-sides which are not appearing on Swords. Whyyyyy?

I cannot understand why there are so many Quarry b-sides. They were already issued on the Quarry deluxe edition! And yet there are plenty of b-sides which are not appearing on Swords. Whyyyyy?

Typical Moz way of making a compilation.
Drive In Saturday?!! :crazy:

Typical Moz way of making a compilation.

Bloody annoying. 7 out of the 9 tracks on disc 2 of the deluxe YATQ are on Swords. I feel like I'm robbed. :mad: (Yet I'm going to buy it.)

Well, as I already said above he left out 5 Quarry b-sides, which is a lot as he only left out 8 songs total.

Swords will be released by Universal in the UK on Monday 26/10/09.
It will be available on CD and 2xLP.

The LP tracklisting is as follows:

Disc 1 - Side 1
1. Good Looking Man About Town
2. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
3. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
4. Ganglord

Disc 1 - Side 2
1. My Dearest Love
2. The Never-Played Symphonies
3. Sweetie Pie
4. Christian Dior

Disc 2 - Side 1
1. Shame Is The Name
2. Munich Air Disaster 1958
3. I Knew I Was Next
4. It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
5. Teenage Dad On His Estate

Disc 2 - Side 2
1. Children In Pieces
2. Friday Mourning
3. My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye
4. Drive-In Saturday
5. Because Of My Poor Education

though all are released, it looks good a packed together 2 cd
maybe some live footage or songs [deluxe version maybe]:thumb:

we will read the well known line lots coming month [re re re]
but gonna buy it, or try to buy it, 'which will be no problem if its UK

:guitar:

It would have been poorer had Teenage Dad not been on. His best b-side for years. In my opinion. I can't be arsed looking right now, but what has been left off that could have gone on? It would also be interesting to know how the co-writing credits split up on the tracks.

Peter

I agree wholeheartedly after My Dearest Love of course :)

So he omitted these, 3 cover and 5 lowly rated (by the fans) songs:

No One Can Hold A Candle To You
I Am Two People
The Public Image
Mexico
Slum Mums
Noise Is The Best Revenge
A Song From Under The Floorboards
Human Being

Mexico is beautiful and deserves to be on Swords. The covers I can do without and very glad to see they didn't make the cut bar drive in. I never listen to Mozzer's covers anyway.

Public Image is a nice track also :D

Last edited:
Finally, My Dearest Love will be released on CD!

And that's about the only reason for me to buy Swords. A live track and Sweetie Pie ... why? I would have loved to see some "unreleased b-sides" there ... Playing Easy To Get or Noise as studio versions.

Back
Top Bottom