why name the album Swords?

Ultimately, the meaning of artworks is assigned by the audience and not by the artist, so that all of these meanings are potentially valid regardless of Morrissey's intention.

Witness Georgia O'Keefe, who insisted her paintings were never meant to suggest female anatomy, and yet it's common and appropriate to discuss that interpretation when analyzing her work.

Re: For your interest

Hard to take anything you or dunya says seriously when somehow you disagree with me 100% of the time on every thread and subject. Really, look at your previous posts, you'll see this is the case.

Ghostie was supposed to laugh. It's a joke, see. :)

Besides, that's a rather sweeping statement. I did post that I agree with you in some things. ;);)

:thumb: (that's a joke too, the thumb)

Dear me! That's rather offensive language. :(

There's no need to be so negative about Morrissey's work. I think you should now say something positive to balance it out.

I mean, what if Morrissey or one of his loved ones saw this. They might think you are one of the people that gives the place such a bad name (allegedly).

;)

:thumb:

:thumb::lbf::thumb: too funny

Re: For your interest

Am I the only one who doesn't buy this? If Morrissey had meant that, the words would have appeared one after the other on the front cover, perhaps bunched together, instead of one under the other. Yes they do appear like that on the spine, but then it's not like there are many other options in so little space.

Stephane

whether it's on the spine or the front it doesn't really matter either way. It still reads as morrisseys words while the actual word SWORDS doubles as a nice aggressive word itself for the title. Adding all the words to the cover bunched up is a tad obvious and that's definitely not Mozzer's MO.

Back
Top Bottom