Southpaw release

Is it just me or are people finally "getting" Southpaw Grammar.

Because back in 1995, everyone pretty much hated it.

i liked it but grew tired of some of the songs , reader meet author is still an amazing song , im looking forward to the new tracks , i hope they ARE new and not just remix tracks

Do you think they will release an album without promoting it in someway, there willl sure be somekind of CD/7" single to buy as well as promos.

think it will just be the album as its a re-release

And it's not as if it'll suddenly be track 3 now. If it's on it'll be at the end out of the way.

I agree...extra tracks are to be tacked on at the end.

Fitting them at different spots throughout the tracklisting may be interesting, but it would disrupt the flow and would give an uneven feel. If Morrissey wanted any of the extra songs in the actual running order, he would've included them from the start (ie 1995).

I wont lie I'm very excited about this, but I am curious as to it being a little over one month til release when we will get to see the new cover and get to know the new tracks officially.

I'm guessing the new songs are just the b-sides that came with the singles. That's how it worked in the past. Right? I'm not sure.

No they are going to be unreleased tracks, I just want to know when we will see which ones and the cover.

Ok...i haven't been paying close attention. Though Southpaw is one of my favorite albums. Should be good. Can't wait.

I don't actually have a CD version of Southpaw at the mo, so this is all very handy!
Its a good album, doesn't deserve some of the flak it gets so i'm hoping the bonus tracks don't disappoint.

i think it is a brilliant album ! The only poor song on it is "best friend" and in a echo of the quality b side / should have been on the album debate- "nobody loves us" is one of the best songs that morrissey has released as a solo artist.

Southpaw - Unreleased Tracks

Dont know if anyone has posted this already but found this on Wikipedia re Southpaw rerelease today:

On 30 May 2008, true-to-you.net revealed Sony-BMG will issue a remastered version of 'Southpaw Grammar' in July. This album, first released in 1995, will include three previously unreleased tracks, and new artwork. [1]

The three new tracks are rumored to be : "Honey You Know Where To Find Me", "Laughing Anne", and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me". It is not known whether or not the reissue will feature the previously released B-Sides "Nobody Loves Us" and "You Must Please Remember" or if there will be a new tracklisting.

Am I the only one anxiously awaiting more news about this release? I'm almost more excited about this than the new album!
It's only 3 weeks away till release and still no more news...

Thought I might luck out and turn up a track listing or cover artwork through a deep search of Japanese websites, but no luck. Will check periodically.

I did stumble upon HMV's old page for the Southpaw Grammar "upgrade version" that never got released in 2004 (also BMG).

According to the blurb it was supposed to be digitally remastered (obviously) and include Southpaw single b-sides, live versions of Vauxhall songs (?) and other rare tracks.

Really looking forward to this release!

holy crap, the song-titles on that HMV page become amazing when you translate it through google. "Oh Sir Leader Meet", "Sir Ray Boy", "Dave DAGANHAMU", "Do not Do Your Best and Wally", "The best friend on Peyrol"... note that you might have to read it with a japanese accent to fully grasp the hilarity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've been geeked for the last year or so, since I've known about these re-releases. I'm glad they're finally going to see the light of day, as there's been rumor after rumor of them being shelved for various reasons. I hope the artwork, and bonus tracks aren't something we've already seen/heard before. It'd be nice to release some of the many demo tracks/rare mixes/etc I've read about so many times.

I cannot wait either. Let's hope we dont have to wait too much longer after this release(if it does come out on 7/7) for the others to be released as well? it'd be nice to have one re-released every month, that makes too much sense though.

Accroding to this website(which looks pretty official): there is no July 8th(us) release date, nor is their one for the following weeks, see for yourself:

http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=week3

Last edited:
Tags
southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom