South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

what makes me glad about this is that morrissey now hates south america and all that it stands for (communism banana republics mostly) and that may well include mexico where the killings are now so many that the life expectancy for a male wearing a wife beater shirt is now half of what it used to be. Still they claim that crime and violence is bad but i think as long as they clean up themselves i see no problem with it.

you are a f***in idiot.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

I hear these guys work cheap, maybe our guy can hire them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Look at one of the positives in this...... No more Jesse Tobias!!!

Hey Moz, how bout finishing off the previous f***ing US tour before starting another on a different continent? Love from Canada.

Although I realise Morrrissey is far from your conventional artist, how about a series of shows in London and Manchester and Glasgow (ie no travelling) next year which would see him perform Vauxhall and I in its entirety as a 20 year classic albums thing, ideally with the original musicians. Just an idea........

Luminaries such as the Buzzcocks, Siouxsie and Level 42 (perhaps) have all done it.

Although I realise Morrrissey is far from your conventional artist, how about a series of shows in London and Manchester and Glasgow (ie no travelling) next year which would see him perform Vauxhall and I in its entirety as a 20 year classic albums thing, ideally with the original musicians. Just an idea........

Luminaries such as the Buzzcocks, Siouxsie and Level 42 (perhaps) have all done it.

it isn't really feasible cost wise. He would have to assemble the band, crew etc, a week of rehearsals, for just a handful of gigs

That's a very, very nice idea. I think he still sees himself as current and edgy though.

This could push him towards Marr.

That's a very, very nice idea. I think he still sees himself as current and edgy though.

The only thing edgy about old Mozzy is the inside of his esophagus.

Look at one of the positives in this...... No more Jesse Tobias!!!

I have no issues with Jessie....I was thinking no more Kristeen! that's something to celebrate

I saw Morrissey perform during his Fall 2012 and Winter 2013 tours, and he was great. I hope that he is well, and can tour soon.

Some of the troll comments on this site are surreal.

We hate Moz and Boz t-shirts ?
Anyone ? Let me know and I shall sort it.

Benny-the-Butcher

So did he even get food poisoning?

No chance, welcome back to civvie street Steven !!! Its really laughable ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho o ho ho ho ho ho ho:laughing:

I have no issues with Jessie....I was thinking no more Kristeen! that's something to celebrate

If you have ears and have been to a Moz concert the last few years (as I have), you Should have a problem with Jesse Tobias.

Jesse is a positively dreadful guitarist. Completely wrong for Morrissey's (particularly The Smiths) music. He was never a good fit from day one.

Someone had asked him in an interview fairly recently if he would ever do that, do a tour in which he played a classic album in its entirety. Morrissey said he never would because he has no problem selling tickets and didn't need to rely on gimmicks such as that.

I think it would be cool, though.

This could push him towards Marr.

Quite a few posters on this thread seem to think Morrissey's latest setback will lead to a Smiths reunion or a collaboration with Johnny. Maybe some people just can't let the dream die. It never crossed my mind when I read Morrissey's latest TTY statement. Do you really think he's going to call Johnny and say 'I need you, I can't hack it on my own.'?!? I really doubt it. I think that door has been closed forever.

I do hope Morrissey takes time off to reevaluate and rethink what he wants to do. Who knows what may inspire him. He is so talented, a genius. I hope this time does him well:)

Someone had asked him in an interview fairly recently if he would ever do that, do a tour in which he played a classic album in its entirety. Morrissey said he never would because he has no problem selling tickets and didn't need to rely on gimmicks such as that.

I think it would be cool, though.

I think you'd have to be sado-masochistic to purchase tickets to see Morrissey in concert nowadays. His cancellation:gigs ratio is worse than Shane Watson's lbw:dismissals.

I think you'd have to be sado-masochistic to purchase tickets to see Morrissey in concert nowadays. His cancellation:gigs ratio is worse than Shane Watson's lbw:dismissals.

His track record is bad. I was cancelled on 3 times this year. It's always a calculated risk to purchase tickets for his shows. If/when he comes back I'll buy tickets anyway...and hope for the best :o

So did he even get food poisoning?

Who's to say what is going on, really? I wonder if his ulcer is acting up...or maybe the stress and pressure of no record deal just caused him to snap?

So, he's breaking up the band?

Back
Top Bottom