Song influence? Bit of a long shot this one...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I was just watching on BBC2, Earth:The Climate Wars, with that wanker Iain Stewart, whose programme-making seems to be 'how many countries can I get the BBC to pay me to visit?'. Anyway, I swear this is true, they played as a piece of incidental music, a piece of (to my ears) Californian surf-pop, and it was, note-for-note, Sister I'm A Poet. I have no idea who did this originally - did anyone else hear this?

No?

OK, I'll get me coat...

Peter

Last edited:
do you know which episode?

the battle begins - Dr Iain Stewart traces the history of climate change from its very beginning.
fightback - Iain interviews some of the key global warming sceptics.
new challenges - Dr Iain Stewart looks at how scientists can predict what changes global warming will bring

uncle skinny man :::::

OK I watched the episode -- I'm comfy concluding that if not all then most of the music in the series is incidental music from a sound bank pulled by BBC producers. The music is written and produced by people who do sound-alikes and incidental music for shows, it's just lots cheaper to buy those track to use in broadcasting than to buy licenses to pop artist repertoires. The credits list no composers, but it does list sound people (as boom operators and foley). Incidental music is usually chosen by the editor and/or producer. I'm sure you probably know all this kind of stuff already, but just thought I'd write a concluding bit so we can close this case!
cheerz,
matto

Back
Top Bottom