Morrissey Central "RW" (January 31, 2024)

Via CJ's IG story.

Robbie Williams in Morrissey shirt.

Casa-posted link now a Central post via mozhug25:

Screenshot_20240131-222155~2.png

Watching a gig at The Cat & Wheel, Bristol, tonight and I was pulled up about my Morrissey tee: “he’s a right winger”. As we listened to a band clearly influenced by clearly influenced by Morrissey.

He didn’t want to take the discussion further, inside or out.

It feels like ‘93. And I like it

I bet your body doesn't...

Watching a gig at The Cat & Wheel, Bristol, tonight and I was pulled up about my Morrissey tee: “he’s a right winger”. As we listened to a band clearly influenced by clearly influenced by Morrissey.
Yeah - I stopped wearing my shirts in public. All I get are dirty looks and people accusing me of supporting a racist. It's not worth the hassle.

Yeah - I stopped wearing my shirts in public. All I get are dirty looks and people accusing me of supporting a racist. It's not worth the hassle.

I see that being a Moz fan in Britain and expressing it in public can be quite a problem these days. What a shame!

I'd do it anyway no matter the hassle. I kinda see the hassle as an opportunity to argue in his favour. Unless, I could be killed for doing it, of course.

I see that being a Moz fan in Britain and expressing it in public can be quite a problem these days. What a shame!

I'd do it anyway no matter the hassle. I kinda see the hassle as an opportunity to argue in his favour. Unless, I could be killed for doing it, of course.
I wear my morrissey shirt, that’s probably because British people have become so soft and terrified of being in the outgroup.
I imagine you get no problems doing this in other countries.

Not sure if anyone else has posted this. I find it to be a powerfully moving music video, but horses are used in it for humans to dominate. I used to want to ride horses too, so I can relate, but I don’t want to ride horses anymore. I still find this (the only song I know of Robbie Williams, besides the duet he did with Kylie Minogue, The Kids Are Alright) to be a moving video. A great song.

I keep seeing “video unavailable in your country” in many posts here lately. Restrictions coming in to play. Many videos posted on this site lately just show this message or a plain “video unavailable”.

My favourite, featuring Neil Tennant and Neil Hannon on backing vocals 👌

I wear my morrissey shirt, that’s probably because British people have become so soft and terrified of being in the outgroup.
I wear my Moz shirts with pride, and there is a little bit of me which hopes it might wind someone up who hates him, just as it was in the 80s

I wear my Moz shirts with pride, and there is a little bit of me which hopes it might wind someone up who hates him, just as it was in the 80s

To paraphrase your post, Dan...

I wear my Moz shirts with a bit discomfort (physical) as there is a little bit (a lot) of me hanging over both my front and sides. This was not so in the 80s.

It's definitely a sensitive issue in my primary country of residence. In the other one, not at all.

Got to hand it to Robbie his videos are just brilliant. As a petrolhead this one blew me away. Some classic scenes with him seamless appearing Zelig-like.
Sensational.

When I wear my Mozz t shirts, I get nothing but good feed back, especially from younger peeps in 20s and 30s age bracket.
It is curious that the gentleman who took exception was an old bloke. As you suggest, that’s the demographic that seems to have been thrown into some crisis.

For younger people (at indie gigs), The Smiths have achieved that god-like status which the VU had, when I was young. If you’re listening to ‘grime’ and ‘drill’, Morrissey must be a walk in the park—in the controversy stakes.

I do sometimes wonder why people get so fixated on Morrissey's alleged racism. I mean, Noel Gallagher calls Sadiq Khan a weasel-faced c*** who has destroyed London and everyone laughs. It IS pretty funny (and accurate), but imagine the outrage if M had said that.

Last edited:
I do sometimes wonder why people get so fixated on Morrissey's alleged racism. I mean, Noel Gallagher calls Sadiq Khan a weasel-faced c*** who has destroyed London and everyone laughs. It IS pretty funny (and accurate), but imagine the outrage if M had said that.
That was in response to Khan’s handling the knife-crime issue, and contextualised as such.

I'd think twice. Practically everyone I know see him as "difficult" to like. It can be exhausting trying to explain things.

Didn't always be so bad. I used to work in an old 60s-built building with a long staircase which had the most fantastic echo. If I ever found myself on it I could never resist trying to sing something - especially if stressed out. One day it was "A star at eighteen and then suddenly gonnnnnne!". The echo just kept going. When I got to the bottom a colleague was there waiting, he said "God I love that album!". Made a good friend.

To paraphrase your post, Dan...

I wear my Moz shirts with a bit discomfort (physical) as there is a little bit (a lot) of me hanging over both my front and sides. This was not so in the 80s.
🤣 Absofu*kinglutely!!
My first few Smiths shirts i ever bought were medium ffs.
I am now xxl with some having to be xxxl.
I am sure t shirts now are made for gnomes, sizes are all over the place depending where you buy.

🤣 Absofu*kinglutely!!
My first few Smiths shirts i ever bought were medium ffs.
I am now xxl with some having to be xxxl.
I am sure t shirts now are made for gnomes, sizes are all over the place depending where you buy.

Yup, definitely made for gnomes now. Can't think of any other reason ;)

Back
Top Bottom