Refunds

Whose pocket does the money come out of when shows are cancelled? Presumably the venue will still want paying if a show is cancelled. Is Morrissey out of pocket when something like this happens or will he have insurance against gigs being cancelled due to illness etc? (I'm guessing that, if he does, his premiums would be pretty high!).

I'm just wondering if the circumstances of what happened last night would affect refunds being given. E.g. would any insurance company refuse to pay out because Morrissey could have continued the gig? Will Morrissey claim that the venue was at fault and should absorb some of the costs?

I know that for other seriously curtailed gigs (e.g. Friday night at the Roundhouse, Swindon) refunds were offered but they were both due to illness. The tickets just say that they are for a Morrissey gig - not how long that gig is going to be. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any chance of it being re-scheduled so I'm just hoping there won't be a problem with getting a refund - I'm sure there'll be uproar if people don't get refunds.

Whose pocket does the money come out of when shows are cancelled? Presumably the venue will still want paying if a show is cancelled. Is Morrissey out of pocket when something like this happens or will he have insurance against gigs being cancelled due to illness etc? (I'm guessing that, if he does, his premiums would be pretty high!).

I'm just wondering if the circumstances of what happened last night would affect refunds being given. E.g. would any insurance company refuse to pay out because Morrissey could have continued the gig? Will Morrissey claim that the venue was at fault and should absorb some of the costs?

I know that for other seriously curtailed gigs (e.g. Friday night at the Roundhouse, Swindon) refunds were offered but they were both due to illness. The tickets just say that they are for a Morrissey gig - not how long that gig is going to be. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any chance of it being re-scheduled so I'm just hoping there won't be a problem with gettinga refund - I'm sure there'll be uproar if people don't get refunds.

I think if they dont play 50% of there concert they give a refund usualy.

Thats what i was told, but they could be wrong Idk :)

Anyone else had an email from Ticketmaster this morning, asking for reviews of Saturday night's 'event'? Even though it's an auto email, it still feels like they're SERIOUSLY taking the p***. So far I've managed to restrain myself...

Anyone else had an email from Ticketmaster this morning, asking for reviews of Saturday night's 'event'? Even though it's an auto email, it still feels like they're SERIOUSLY taking the p***. So far I've managed to restrain myself...

Yes, me too - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I might send one and leave the swear words in.

This is the best exposure Morrissey has had for years - I wonder if he's going to issue a statement. I think he owes us all that much (even if it is to say how much of a dickhead the guy was). Incidentally, I've been reading other threads and the guy was NOT from Liverpool.

Give a dog a bad name.............

i didnt have the patience to contact Ticketmaster :eek:
however they have put a message on thier customer services page.
it says they expect an update around midday,but nothing yet

i didnt have the patience to contact Ticketmaster :eek:
however they have put a message on thier customer services page.
it says they expect an update around midday,but nothing yet

4.15pm and nothing from Ticketmaster.................:(

Have any of you, like myself, considered seeking compensation for last nights debacle? I see plenty of frivolous conspiracy nonsense being posted. But no nitty gritty as to what should lawfully happen next. It cost me, personally, in excess of £100 all told, to attend last nights 'event'. All for approximately eight minutes entertainment. Someone needs to be held financially responsible... Morrissey for his hissy fit? Echo Arena for their lack of security towards the performing artist? or finally, the retard responsible for tossing the plastic cup?, (and lets be honest he or she did TOSS the plastic cup, view the youtube footage - the aforementioned cup arched its way towards Morrissey, it certainly wasnt THROWN, with force, at his head, check out the impact, Morrissey barely flinched. Answers on a postcard please.....

Yes I agree - it wasn't thrown with any force and it only glanced Morrissey's head. His pride was hurt more than anything else. It was totally his call whether to continue or not but he is notorious for being overly sensitive these days (even before he took ill). Maybe ten years ago he would have carried on - who knows.

The lack of a press release or any information on refunds probably means the lawyers and the promoters are thrashing it out at the moment.

I receieved this from the arena themselves after writing an email...

"Hello Amber,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the original ticket purchaser will be contacted by their ticket provider in due course.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, please visit the Echo Arena website for any information and updates.

Thank you."

However Im not sure who to i'll be contacted by as i bought them at the box office!

The lack of a press release or any information on refunds probably means the lawyers and the promoters are thrashing it out at the moment.

That's what I'm thinking - The lunchtime announcement never materialised and the statements given e.g. on the Echo Arena website are very cagey so there's obviously some kind of a dispute. Previously, it has sometimes taken a while to get confirmation on whether a gig is going to be re-scheduled or whether there'll just be a refund but I think it's always been made clear pretty quickly that there would be some form of recompense.

I'm more concerned than usual because I had to book my ticket using a debit card rather than a credit card. At a previous cancelled Moz gig, the ticket agency refused to refund my money because they said that they didn't receive my returned ticket but my credit card company still refunded my money. I know there's no chance of that with a debit card - So annoying as I always usually pay with a credit card but the bloody Ticketmaster automated phone line kept rejecting my credit cards (despite the fact that I've never had any problems using them on their website!) :(

not recieved a email back from echo area yet,just sent them a email about lack off info.
no wonder its called echo area

is anyone there

is anyone there:rolleyes:

just got this
We are still awaiting instructions from the promoter – you will either be offered a refund or a re-scheduled date.

Regards

Tim

Tim Banfield
General Manager – Echo Arena Liverpool

Last edited:
I think part of the problem is that now that Morrissey has announced his separation from the label, you won't see useful updates on the official site...only news which helps to sell more copies of Swords!

I hate to say it, but the more I think about what has happenned at the weekend, I think it would benefit Morrissey (assuming he does want to carry on recording and touring) to go back to the position he was in back in the late 90's. Ever since Quarry he's broke into venues like the MEN, Wembley Arena, Earls Court, Liverpool Echo...and quite frankly, even though some of those shows have been enjoyable, the number of tickets available has given access to people who are just there for any old night out and the booze. They get bored when he isn't reeling off the hits and start spoiling someone's experience because they're "hard". Saturday being the extreme example, but I've lost count of the number of times I've gone home soaked in some tw*ats beer or had something unsavoury placed on the back of my clothing.

We need to get back to the days when the tour is sold out within about 5 minutes on a Friday morning...i.e. only the people who appreciate Morrissey and will genuinely enjoy it will turn up.

We need to get back to the days when the tour is sold out within about 5 minutes on a Friday morning...i.e. only the people who appreciate Morrissey and will genuinely enjoy it will turn up.

Quite so, i agree totally! Except im NEVER one of those lucky ones who gets a ticket within those 5 mins ... A lengthy trawl through ebay normallly ensues.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem is that now that Morrissey has announced his separation from the label, you won't see useful updates on the official site...only news which helps to sell more copies of Swords!

I hate to say it, but the more I think about what has happenned at the weekend, I think it would benefit Morrissey (assuming he does want to carry on recording and touring) to go back to the position he was in back in the late 90's. Ever since Quarry he's broke into venues like the MEN, Wembley Arena, Earls Court, Liverpool Echo...and quite frankly, even though some of those shows have been enjoyable, the number of tickets available has given access to people who are just there for any old night out and the booze. They get bored when he isn't reeling off the hits and start spoiling someone's experience because they're "hard". Saturday being the extreme example, but I've lost count of the number of times I've gone home soaked in some tw*ats beer or had something unsavoury placed on the back of my clothing.

As much as I have enjoyed the gigs at the big venues he's done since Quarry, a prime example of what you're talking about would be the Manchester Apollo 50th birthday gig. The gig rumours were no quicker spreading on these forum pages and then the tickets suddenly went on sale and were snapped-up by the real true followers. That gig was electric and the buzz during the support slot from where I was stood was just wall to wall hardcore Moz fans - evident by the 1 minute long deafening wall of noise which erupted when he hit the stage. He doesn't need those cavernous arenas anymore and I would rather go to a 2-3000 capacity venue with the right atmosphere.

10 Nov 09

Morrissey - Echo Arena Liverpool - Saturday 7 November

Event organisers are working with the artistes representatives to explore all ways of restaging the abandoned concert. There are significant issues to resolve but a final decision will be made imminently over whether a new show is possible.

In the event this cannot be rearranged due to scheduling problems a full refund will be offered to all customers who purchased tickets from the authorised outlets. Organisers appreciate your patience while we work to try and resolve.

Information regarding refund process and / or any new date will be posted on venue website / www.gigsandtours.com and notified directly to customers where possible by email.

thank you

10 Nov 09

Morrissey - Echo Arena Liverpool - Saturday 7 November

Event organisers are working with the artistes representatives to explore all ways of restaging the abandoned concert. There are significant issues to resolve but a final decision will be made imminently over whether a new show is possible.

In the event this cannot be rearranged due to scheduling problems a full refund will be offered to all customers who purchased tickets from the authorised outlets. Organisers appreciate your patience while we work to try and resolve.

Information regarding refund process and / or any new date will be posted on venue website / www.gigsandtours.com and notified directly to customers where possible by email.

thank you

fantastic!! i have my fingers crossed for a new date!

please please give us a f***ing resheduled gig Moz....and to the person who said Morrissey doesn't need to do these big gigs anymore, I'm telling you that that the liverpool gig was shaping up to be absolutely fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom