Re-release of Everyday Is Like Sunday as single bundle?

It''November the 2nd' is utter shit. I have it on my iPod, played it twice, and it's most assuredly bobbins. Of massive proportions

im not sure if i have it on cd- ..can you describe the track- how it sounds?

im not sure if i have it on cd- ..can you describe the track- how it sounds?

It's a remix of November Spawned a Monster with random pieces of the original vocal scattered throughout seemingly without thought.

I tend to agree to you. But hopefully it's not a DVD single but an CD-E.

But why the preference for an enhanced CD over DVD? I'd rather have a DVD single - the picture quality is far superior. I only have that TOTP appearance in rickety, splodgy old 7th generation VHS!

Since the cat no begins with CD it will probably be an enhanced CD.

It's lovely and everything, and kudos to Rosemary & Thyme for the detective work, but am I mis-remembering? 'November the 2nd' is utter shit. I have it on my iPod, played it twice, and it's most assuredly bobbins. Of massive proportions! And still no sign of the gem that is 'Striptease With A Difference' :crazy:
I'm also hoping that it's a dvd single, as opposed to an 'Enhanced CD', otherwise what's the point? Do they even make those anymore? Come to think of it do they even make dvd singles anymore? Does anyone make bloody singles anymore?
But the fact that he's been trawling his video archives suggests to this desperate obsessive that there is more visual material to come....*cough*Tim Broad 'Kill Uncle' Tour film*cough*Woverhamton '88*cough...'scuse me...something stuck in my throat :)

I thought the whole lore beyond "November the 2nd" was 100 copies were pressed before Morrissey listened to it. Upon listening to it, thought it was so dreadful he demanded the lot be destroyed and the song never issued? Now he's re-issuing (err, issuing it) as an official release? Confusing.

I love the whole Bona-Drag reissue and this is cool news too. However, I've really become quite fond of the way the band plays "Everyday Is Like Sunday" now, with Boz playing the banjo. I was secretly hoping they might record a studio take of this modern day Moz interpretation of the classic song.

November the 2nd? Strange... He does know it did leak and we all have it, right? I mean it's not the Holy Grail of missing Moz songs anymore.

I thought the whole lore beyond "November the 2nd" was 100 copies were pressed before Morrissey listened to it. Upon listening to it, thought it was so dreadful he demanded the lot be destroyed and the song never issued? Now he's re-issuing (err, issuing it) as an official release? Confusing.

I love the whole Bona-Drag reissue and this is cool news too. However, I've really become quite fond of the way the band plays "Everyday Is Like Sunday" now, with Boz playing the banjo. I was secretly hoping they might record a studio take of this modern day Moz interpretation of the classic song.

November the 2nd? Strange... He does know it did leak and we all have it, right? I mean it's not the Holy Grail of missing Moz songs anymore.

Welcome back to the fray Vauxhall95. Long time no hear. I've missed your take on things, despite our differing views on current Morrissey.
I thought you'd be chuffed with the Bona Redux and I agree about wishing for a studio rendering of the live 'Sunday'. There aren't enough banjos on Morrissey records!
Strange indeed; if this 'unearthed' news had not been preceeded by the fanfare TTY announcement about the Bona Drag RR and the Moz/EMI kiss and make up I would have been expecting a swift Morrissey announcement that this single release had nothing to do with him and he was speedialing his lawyers forthwith. The tracklisting just doesn't seem...bona fide. As someone else said before me, it feels like a hoax, but it's clearly not.
Queer times.

Maybe releasing Novemebr the 2nd is a sign of Morrissey's future direction?Influenced by the "real sound of the underground" Grime/ Dubstep genre Morrissey releases a cover album of his songs remixed by Burial, Caspar and Chase & Status. Moz likes his muses preferable to be petty criminals from Sarf of the River

The album will be preceded by a 1000 limited edition 12" vinyl of Ouija Board, Ouija Board. With 24 different remixes.

Maybe releasing Novemebr the 2nd is a sign of Morrissey's future direction?Influenced by the "real sound of the underground" Grime/ Dubstep genre Morrissey releases a cover album of his songs remixed by Burial, Caspar and Chase & Status. Moz likes his muses preferable to be petty criminals from Sarf of the River

The album will be preceded by a 1000 limited edition 12" vinyl of Ouija Board, Ouija Board. With 24 different remixes.

Probably re-mixed ( 12 tracks each) by Ronnie and Reggie....

(....Hmm. I seem to have a bit of a "Krays" theme going on today......)

I thought the whole lore beyond "November the 2nd" was 100 copies were pressed before Morrissey listened to it.

Where did you hear a 100 test pressings were made? Sounds very weird to me.

I was in the crowd at both 7" b-side performances. Gold star please. kthx. :D

Where did you hear a 100 test pressings were made? Sounds very weird to me.

That's been the tale for as long as I have been a Morrissey fan. I really didn't think it was in dispute. Now, whether it was a 100 copies or 1000, the fact remains Morrissey did not like the remix, and consequently ordered them never to be released, hence it never seeing the light of day.

For many a Morrissey fan, "November the 2nd" was the Holy Grail of unreleased songs for what seemed like ages and was very sought after. So much so, that until Mr Reynolds was so very kind to post the song up in the forums; you could occasionally find a vinyl copy of the original selling for upwards of $3000 on Ebay.

Feel free to search through the history of Morrissey-solo, but what I'm telling you is what we fans back in the day were told.

Welcome back to the fray Vauxhall95. Long time no hear. I've missed your take on things, despite our differing views on current Morrissey.
I thought you'd be chuffed with the Bona Redux and I agree about wishing for a studio rendering of the live 'Sunday'. There aren't enough banjos on Morrissey records!
Strange indeed; if this 'unearthed' news had not been preceeded by the fanfare TTY announcement about the Bona Drag RR and the Moz/EMI kiss and make up I would have been expecting a swift Morrissey announcement that this single release had nothing to do with him and he was speedialing his lawyers forthwith. The tracklisting just doesn't seem...bona fide. As someone else said before me, it feels like a hoax, but it's clearly not.
Queer times.

Thanks for the kind words. I've needed to pull back some from Morrissey because as you mentioned you know my feelings on the current material. That and the next interesting thread posted in the forum will be a welcome one.

That being written, I listened to "Quarry" the other day and was surprised my once favorite record really seems identifiable and dated by the music. Nothing timeless there.

I've also developed a strong appreciation for "Ringleaders." It might not have the catchy single but it is a solid record throughout. I'm going to give YOR another listen and see some time and distance have changed my appreciation of it.

I wonder what, if any, plans are in the works for "Kill Uncle?" Now that Morrissey seems comfortable revising all his albums and their history, I wonder if he will tackle that album?

How have you been? Well, I hope!:)

This is the information that eil.com had when they were selling the 'November the Second' promo a couple of years ago:

"MORRISSEY November The Second (Well if any disc deserves the title of 'Rarest Record Ever' then this unbelievable item has to be in the running. This is the UNRELEASED 12" white label track that was originally scheduled to promote the flagging sales Of the November Spawned single, a desperate and badly misinformed dance remix that Morrissey hated beyond belief and ordered all the masters and discs to be detroyed. This one survived and we can confirm it is a 100% genuine item that 'Ranks' as the ultimate for Smiths & Mozzer fans.

Following the end Of Morrissey's contract with EMI, they released the
'Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey' compilation which was originally scheduled to have a second disc of unreleased rarities (including November The Second') but due to a number of factors this was shelved and only the 19 track single disc was released.

There are a number of theories as to the reason, ranging from insuffient pressing plant capacity due to Elton John's Diana commemorative CD to what is reasonably accepted as to the real reason, that Morrissey hated the tracks and ordered that these not be released. EMI complied and the track then disappeared into obscurity - that is until now!!

Often rumoured not to exist, until extensive research clearly showed that the history of the track is correct, this is the ONLY copy in the world which has long since been in the hands of an avid collector.

The white label has machine stamped matrix and pencil notations on the white bag. An unbelievable delight for any Smiths' collector - believe me I was tempted to keep it myself!!

Sell your granny, wife or yourself to have a chance of owning this item.

In September 1997, after their contract was up, EMI released Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey, a 19-track, single-disc overview originally outfitted with a second CD EP of unreleased rarities "November the Second," a long-rumored dance mix of "November Spawned a Monster" Morrissey detested and had deleted, was supposed to be included. As it turns out Morrissey does bear more grudges than high-court judges, and had the two-disc set blocked.

Or did he? I received an email shortly after this post first ran asserting that the second disc of Suedehead was in fact scrubbed to shore up EMI's pressing capacity for Elton John's treacle Diana death dirge, "Goodbye England's Rose." If this is true – Suedehead was released September 8th, 1997, one week after her death – any devout Morrissey fan knows where I'm going next: the infamous Diana-Morrissey Phenomenon , one of the more inspired flights of internet fantasy. For the uninitiated, know that Morrissey publically referred to Princess Diana as "an incredibly boring woman" not long after her death, which makes this too hilarious – if unsubstantiated – a coincidence not to mention. (Not to spoil the party, but promotional copies of the 19-track Suedehead sans bonus disc were distributed to reviewers two weeks before Diana's death. This doesn't completely kill the fantasy, but I doubt it's true)."

I don't know who wrote this, or if it's all bollocks, but anyway...

I'm aware of the story of November the 2nd, I just thought a 100 test pressings sounded like a lot. Normally for Morrissey records they make very few. I believe the one that eil had is the only one in existence. Supposedly there is also a cassette.

Reissue,repackage,extra tracks...what is happening dear old Moz? I' d rather being locked in the past and keep listening to The Smiths.
Cheers Moz

EDILS re-release appears to be the news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_100811_01
11 August 2010

Following the announcement last month of the 20th anniversary Special Edition of Bona Drag, to launch the album the week before EMI will release through the resurrected 1960s Major Minor label, with Morrissey's full cooperation, a special edition of his timeless 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' single.

Originally released in 1988, 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' reached no. 9 on the UK singles chart. The song is one of Morrissey's - if not the - greatest and most-loved English pop singles ever released, in what has proved an inimitable and prolific career, from an artist who has redefined the cultural landscape. Its distinctive opening bass line and stabbing and sweeping strings frame a melancholic, yet uplifting anthemic lament of apocalyptic foreboding, amidst a forgotten seaside town.

Written in a prose which evokes the poetic prowess of John Betjeman or Philip Larkin, 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' is a gloriously eternal piece of high-pop-art, which has endured to become a favourite of each new generation.

In keeping with the song's pop classicism, it will be made available on two vinyl 7-inch singles – the first with an orange Major Minor label and a rare Morrissey photo on the cover; the second with a red, black and white MM label and range bag - as well as an E-CD and digital download, with all formats featuring previously unreleased songs, including the alternate version of 'November Spawned A Monster', 'November The Second' (E-CD), and an incredibly rare TOTPs performance of 'Everyday Is Like Sunday', which is unavailable anywhere, including YouTube.

All of this has been remastered and overseen by Morrissey himself.

Formats:

- 7-inch single no. 1
A. Everyday Is Like Sunday
B. Trash (live at Pacific Amphitheatre, Costa Mesa, CA, 1991) (previously unreleased)

- 7-inch single no. 2
A. Everyday Is Like Sunday
B. Everyday Is Like Sunday (live at the Hollywood Bowl, June 8, 2007)
(previously unreleased)

- E-CD single
1. Everyday Is Like Sunday
2. November The Second (previously unreleased)

E-CD section:
Everyday Is Like Sunday (original promotional video)
Everyday Is Like Sunday (on Top Of The Pops, 9th June, 1988) (previously unreleased)

- Digital Download
1. Everyday Is Like Sunday
2. November The Second (previously unreleased)
3. Everyday Is Like Sunday (live at the Hollywood Bowl, June 8, 2007) (previously unreleased)

Following the single's release, on 4th October a remastered 20th Anniversary Special Edition of Bona Drag will be released, with six previously unreleased and much coveted songs from the era:

- Happy Lovers At Last United
(Outtake from 'Sunday' sessions)

- Lifeguard On Duty
(Outtake from Viva Hate sessions)

- Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness (demo)
(Outtake from Viva Hate)

- Oh Phoney
(Outtake from Bona Drag sessions)

- The Bed Took Fire (early version of 'At Amber')

- Let The Right One Slip In (alternate long mix)

This reissue has also been overseen by Morrissey, and will feature updated artwork, hand-picked and rarely-seen photos. It will be available on CD - housed in a gatefold, card sleeve with an eight-page booklet, which will contain the aforementioned photos – and 180g heavyweight vinyl, housed in a wide-spine sleeve with a pull-out poster.

Major Minor Records was started by Radio Caroline manager Phil Solomon. Its truly eclectic roster of artists and singles releases makes it a perfect home for Morrissey. This will be the first release on the label since 1970.

Tags
already have 15 bundle of joy i've got 26 only 15? reissue repackage x 2 such is life versions of it
Back
Top Bottom