Everyday is Like Sunday fails to make the UK top 40

I was prepared for disappointment, but in order to find out where in the charts Morrissey would fall, I listened to Reggie's Chart Show on Radio 1.

Everyday is like Sunday didn't make the Top 40, but a hell of a lot of shit did. Should we really be crestfallen or upset that this stalwart song of English Pop music didn't make the list, in 2010?

My response can only be given like this: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

who cares? honestly.

Everyday is like Sunday succeeds in evading the Top 40

Just thought I'd post an alternative perspective.

Re: Everyday is like Sunday succeeds in evading the Top 40

Hahahaha!
I can imagine the shite its full of, so in a way im PROUD that it didnt make it.

Yeah, is it any wonder it didn't make the top 40 when you actually listen to the kind of generic crap that the top 40 charts actually consists of?

Re: Everyday is like Sunday succeeds in evading the Top 40

I think we're all bound in that opinion :)

The UK Top 40 has been shit for many years, at least 15 years I would say.

If Morrissey actually made top 40, it's not a good thing :rolleyes:

Indeed, I'd imagine that very few people on this forum care about the pop charts these days. But, the fact of the matter is, Morrissey does. He'll probably moan about not making the top-40 again, and my worry is that this could affect the prospect of future remastering projects.

Yeah, is it any wonder it didn't make the top 40 when you actually listen to the kind of generic crap that the top 40 charts actually consists of?

Most of the dreck on US/UK "top 40 list" is utter shit anyways. Doubtful Mozzer losses a wink of sleep over this?

At least it got into the charts...Morrissey isn't mainstream and never will be

...or perhaps the reason it didn't chart was because it was slipped out without fanfare, and it's already one of his most famous songs that even the most casual fan will likely own already on various compilations?

Why buy it?

This is true,
I mean the song is on nearly every compilation since Bona Drag. Before anybody starts writing Morrissey off (again), it would be interesting to note how Station to Station ( just remastered and released), compares with with Bona drag or any rereleased album for that matter- bar dross from mainstream nothings like Kylie, Spice Girls, Robbie etc
It is a rare thing when a rereleased single by anyone like Morrissey/Bowie gets anywhere near the top 40, I would have thought.

This is true,
I mean the song is on nearly every compilation since Bona Drag. Before anybody starts writing Morrissey off (again), it would be interesting to note how Station to Station ( just remastered and released), compares with with Bona drag or any rereleased album for that matter- bar dross from mainstream nothings like Kylie, Spice Girls, Robbie etc
It is a rare thing when a rereleased single by anyone like Morrissey/Bowie gets anywhere near the top 40, I would have thought.

Yes, but as I gather (not a fan so not 100% sure) the Station To Station re-release was a proper *deluxe* package, not just a few new songs and a new (actually the same) photo and called a special edition.
Will be interested to see how the "new" tracks sell via iTunes compared to the actual album/EDILS release. Wouldn't it be perverse if 'Lifeguard on Duty' charted higher :p

Yes, but as I gather (not a fan so not 100% sure) the Station To Station re-release was a proper *deluxe* package, not just a few new songs and a new (actually the same) photo and called a special edition.
Will be interested to see how the "new" tracks sell via iTunes compared to the actual album/EDILS release. Wouldn't it be perverse if 'Lifeguard on Duty' charted higher :p

what you say is indeed true.
The Bowie re release is "deluxe", I haven't heard the new Bona Drag yet but, I think, you maybe a little harsh on it. It does have some new songs on it ( it's not moz's fault that they have been leaked), and it has been re mastered and re mastered well (from what I have heard thus far). I agree it could have had more effort and imagination put in ( at least a free DVD of the videos of the songs or a live gig)- I think its lacking is maybe due to the fact that record companies have more faith in Bowie than in Morrissey for example. it has to be said on an objective level (and to me on a subjective level), they have a point.
Bowie is one of the only pop stars who can out punch Moz on an artistic and sales level- I would add that Bowie is a more rounded person as well, not only did he change music in a big and powerful way and battle demons and addiction but he also managed to raise his son (who is doing quite well thank you very much) and gone on to do artistic ventures out side of music.
Where as Morrissey has changed music, has battled demons and has also been an active spokesman for animal rights, but one cant help but feel Bowie has come out the other side, while Morrissey is drowning his sorrows in the boozer, just a little too reliant on his Public Image.

I went off on one there, I am sorry

Last edited:
Its a re-release.......people already have it. I don't see a lot of youngsters buying anything "vintage". Doesn't get me underwear in a knot.

Back
Top Bottom