PETA: "Morrissey Lands in Washington and Lands on Jeff Bezos Over Whole Foods’ Coconut Milk Sales" (October 16, 2023)

Morrissey Lands in Washington and Lands on Jeff Bezos Over Whole Foods’ Coconut Milk Sales

As Morrissey arrives in the nation’s Capitol on his sold-out U.S. tour, The Smiths frontman dispatched word to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and Whole Foods CEO Jason Buechel today urging them to please please please stop selling coconut milk from Thailand where monkeys are kept in servitude and trained with violence and privation to pick coconuts as revealed in multiple PETA Asia investigations.

Morrissey letter:
"October 16, 2023

Dear Messrs. Bezos and Buechel:

I was aghast to hear that Whole Foods has so far refused to do the humane thing and switch away, as it easily could, from selling coconut milk from Thailand where monkeys are forced into servitude. These are our fellow primates with feelings greater than those Whole Foods management has shown. You have these monkeys’ misery on your hands and I urge you to do something ethical now, to act as if Whole Foods “standard of excellence” is not a cruel joke.

PETA has sent Whole Foods top executives three separate investigations into the Thai coconut industry that have documented appalling cruelty to monkeys: most chained by their necks, kept in solitude, exposed to all weather without shelter, some having their teeth pulled out, all trained with appalling violence, and all forced to spend their lives climbing tall trees to twist off heavy coconuts. Some monkeys have fallen from great heights.

Please decide to sell only coconut milk sourced from outside Thailand. Please may I hear from you?

Sincerely,

Morrissey"

Relating to earlier PETA posts:

(Above article first published August 17, updated October 16).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing all concert goers exuberant revels in Washington tonight :guitar:

Some monkeys have fallen from great heights.

Arsehole, he may be, but that line is comedy gold. If only his lyric-writing were still this good.
Great line I agree, but unfortunately the humor was unintentional. He sincerely cares about the little rascals.

Some monkeys have fallen from great heights.

Arsehole, he may be, but that line is comedy gold. If only his lyric-writing were still this good.

Some Monkeys Have Fallen from Great Heights

Here at the bottom of the tree,
The primate death-rate is climbing alarmingly,
And I've never seen so many prehensile tails
Fail so sadly.

Still the perfidious purveyors of coconut milk sleep soundly at night,
While I, I howl from the treetops,
Some monkeys have fallen from great heights!

Etc.

Man who honestly and genuinely cares about something makes another in a very long line of similar statements. Impassioned. And in some of such, his rage has f@#ked him. Subspecies comment I'm thinking of you. But it's all constant and heartfelt. And I truly admire him for such, consistent since he came to prominence. However many folks here simply take the pi@h, whatever else going on he's consistent on animal welfare and does not deserve being derided on such. He is right here.

Always a huge fan of Morrissey using his influence and gift of language to help life on this planet!

Thank you, Morrissey! :)

Perfect spectacular. This is one of the reasons why I love it! A lot of sensitivity and behavior of an evolved human being, sometimes a little stubborn with some little things but very proud of my special singer. Moz Daleeeee!! Mozuchissssss you were great!!!
Gracias Moz en nombre del reino animal!!!ESAAA Moz!!!! :tiphat: ❤️:monkeyface::monkeyface:❤️
If he is only a little stubborn, I would hate to see full-blown stubborn. 😆

He really is great , and a higher being
Its funny his empathy always goes public when he has tickets and records to sell

I think it’s better he say this than moans about record companies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom