Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if the new manager is really in charge, this post never would have been on Central or some kind of retraction would be issued. The thing to do if there was a question would have been to message the woman and ask her if she is trying to say this was all recent, even tho it was obvious to any thinking person that was not what she was saying.
This is just getting worse.
If the last two artist managers were anything to go by, I wouldn't expect too much of this one.
Katsis joined in with Central posts, making his own angry public statements on 'official' channels. Finkel did so little that Quest could just about manage a few .jpgs and 'fan art Friday'. There has been no perceivable change in what Central posts throughout the tenure of all three managers so far...
Regards,
FWD.

What do you think about his new manager? Is he going to be able to get Morrissey back on an even keel? Do you think he'll be able to get a record deal?

No. No chance at all. I wish there were. People not in the industry seem to think a new manager (he's had what, 50 at this point?) will just come in and start dictating things, and that Moz + "team" will listen. That's not how it works. His little world is a family of people he's known for decades.... a new person just doesn't come in and start ordering people around. A new manager would need years to even understand the dynamics within M's already existing galaxy of human relationships. This new guy will have a few weeks, become bored of unreturned emails or bullshit like the Miley situation, he will not agree with M that the 21st anniversary of the release of "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice" necessitates a 4 night stand at the Hollywood Bowl under heat lamps next year, and will be cast aside. And the cycle of searching for a yes-man will continue.

Pete: DM me if you see this. I'm in NYC... buy me dinner and I'll fill you in on Morrissey's last 20 years and what you are in for....

Last edited:
9 pages on this non-story?!?
This is all just an indication of how 'jumpy' team Moz is. And understandably so. The media now regularly refer to him as a 'pariah'. Look what has happened to Russell Brand. Look what has happened to Andrew Tate. When they seek to destroy you - they don't mess about.

9 pages on this non-story?!?
This is all just an indication of how 'jumpy' team Moz is. And understandably so. The media now regularly refer to him as a 'pariah'. Look what has happened to Russell Brand. Look what has happened to Andrew Tate. When they seek to destroy you - they don't mess about.

Morrissey doesn't have anything else going on. He only gives us these crumbs. No new music, no shows, no new interviews. What are we supposed to talk about?

Look what has happened to Russell Brand. Look what has happened to Andrew Tate. When they seek to destroy you - they don't mess about.
So you've bought into the conspiracy theory that evil forces are responsible for holding Morrissey back, rather than his own self-destructive actions? Sorry, but this is just crazed paranoia.

Sure, on it's own this is a 'nothing' story - we've all made embarrassing mistakes in public, as Morrissey has here. But it's just the latest in a long line of inept and unprofessional moves that makes those of us who want Morrissey to get his house and career back in order sigh and despair. Calling an interview he actually gave a 'hoax' is just more evidence of his rampant paranoia and detachment from reality. It's not something to be celebrated by any real fan.

If the last two artist managers were anything to go by, I wouldn't expect too much of this one.
Katsis joined in with Central posts, making his own angry public statements on 'official' channels. Finkel did so little that Quest could just about manage a few .jpgs and 'fan art Friday'. There has been no perceivable change in what Central posts throughout the tenure of all three managers so far...
Regards,
FWD.
That's my take also. I don't think any manager is coming in intending to manage Morrissey's mess of an official site called Central (I wish). Aren't there bigger issues to solve? A new record contract perhaps? Sort out the issues with BOT, etc.

Last edited:
There have been prior 'corrections' like this going back to TTY.
So, on this occasion, I'd tend to believe that it's closer to a Morrissey issue than the 'inner circle'.
There are thousands of articles, videos and posts using the tag 'morrisseyofficial' for anyone to take an exception to - why this particular one?
Especially as it was an interview where he was:
Photographed walking to it.
Photographed in the chapel.
Photographed being photographed.
Videoed.
Outtake video shared.
Then published in print...
Video & article/images published here at the time x2.
That's a 'hoax'?
The sum total damage here is 30,000 copies of something placed in the lobbies of ~100 hotels (magazine site figures).
Not forgetting it's 10 years old - something the person complaining about would clearly know.
Newspapers publish retractions, corrections and apologies relatively swiftly - going after seemingly decent people 10 years after the fact is certainly worth noting here.
FWD.

There have been prior 'corrections' like this going back to TTY.
So, on this occasion, I'd tend to believe that it's closer to a Morrissey issue than the 'inner circle'.
There are thousands of articles, videos and posts using the tag 'morrisseyofficial' for anyone to take an exception to - why this particular one?
Especially as it was an interview where he was:
Photographed walking to it.
Photographed in the chapel.
Photographed being photographed.
Videoed.
Outtake video shared.
Then published in print...
Video & article/images published here at the time x2.
That's a 'hoax'?
The sum total damage here is 30,000 copies of something placed in the lobbies of ~100 hotels (magazine site figures).
Not forgetting it's 10 years old - something the person complaining about would clearly know.
Newspapers publish retractions, corrections and apologies relatively swiftly - going after seemingly decent people 10 years after the fact is certainly worth noting here.
FWD.

It doesn't really make any sense though - unless no journalist he's spoken to previously is allowed to mention him positively ever again?

It doesn't really make any sense though - unless no journalist he's spoken to previously is allowed to mention him positively ever again?

It's a very silly misstep, considering he could use any bit of positive press he can get. I think he needs his meds adjusted.

I've worked in music management for 30 years, with people as big as Madonna. I know nobody in Morrissey's camp, but this is exactly as much of a clusetf*** as it appears to us outsiders. This is a very simple business really... there is no big mystery about it. To those of us who have been following this for a while (I have been since 1992), it's all very clear. Who would have thought that in 2024 Marr would be the more relevant musician?

Back in 2002 I hung out with Howie Klein a few times (look him up kids) and he told me about Morrissey taking him to clubs in East LA with a cassette of the First of the Gang to Die demo. He also told me that Morrissey had a thing where he was convinced he was going to die broke and irrelevant. Seems he's entered his fat Elvis stage where he is so insulated from reality and surrounded by leeches, that he's actually lost the plot completely. The Colonel should have never been pumping Elvis up with drugs and pushing him out on stage. Neither should Donnie, Sam and whoever the else is with Morrissey. Also: Jesse seems like a scumbag. Bad energy on stage. Seems the current band are all on eggshells up there... and I've seen him 26 times since 1992.

Very informative!

And lol at the scumbag comment. Spot on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom