Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where’s that so called interview?
:LOL: Funny how Moz has the URGE to clarify that he hasn’t been in Portugal in years Lol! ( we get it Mozza)
I can almost hear how he says with his beautiful accent “many”…

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

"Published on Dec 31, 2014"!?

I thought John Riggers & the 'Morrissey Fans Of Portugal' had gone rogue for a minute, but if the date is correct, it predates his interview by 4 years.
FWD.

Something is odd somewhere.
The magazine credits Cátia Castel-Branco for photography, so off I trot to find her...
And this 'old article' shoot (10yrs) is being posted now:

catiacastelbranco-27022024-0004.jpg
catiacastelbranco-27022024-0003.jpg
catiacastelbranco-27022024-0002.jpg
catiacastelbranco-27022024-0001.jpg

I don't see how this is a hoax? I remember watching a video released at the time (2014?) where he had a very brief chat with the interviewer. If I find it I will link it, but here's a screenshot from said interview:

View attachment 102070

Edit - it's here https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...g-interview-in-issue-8.133845/post-1986897734
Yes, was just going through that.
Location was right, photographer confirms, date is correct... (played Portugal in October, 2014 - interview published December, 2014).
There is nothing egregious in the brief interview.
I think the photographer's post today remembering the shoot got back to El Jefe and irked him for some reason?
FWD.

So did he do the interview he claims not to have done, or he spoke to a photographer and it wasn't an interview, or the photographer spoke to him or the camera sounded like the photographer was talking or it was all a misunderstanding and Moz was just trying to order room service?

Could it be that the new management (who I assume would have access to the official Instagram account) have seen this, not realising that it's from 10 years ago (seeing as there's no date given by the poster, and possibly missing the crucial 'When' at the start of the post), and told Morrissey that someone is claiming to have done a new interview? The people closest to Morrissey - Damon, Jesse, Donnie, Sam/family - have been around for a while and would surely recognise that the pictures are not recent...

Here is the interview from 2014 and in English as well from here

An interview and photo shoot in Lisbon that people here can trace back gets dismissed as a hoax on Central? If Morrissey does not remember anymore where he was 10 years ago, well that isn’t a good sign to me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom