Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
"The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point."

I think Morrissey is dismissing this as a "new" interview. He readily admits he was in Portugal years ago.

Could it be that the new management (who I assume would have access to the official Instagram account) have seen this, not realising that it's from 10 years ago (seeing as there's no date given by the poster, and possibly missing the crucial 'When' at the start of the post), and told Morrissey that someone is claiming to have done a new interview? The people closest to Morrissey - Damon, Jesse, Donnie, Sam/family - have been around for a while and would surely recognise that the pictures are not recent...
It’s possible this is simply an oversight as a transition in management takes place and the current one gets acclimated. It’s also possible there is an ongoing disconnect between the different tentacles that is the Moz octopus. It seems like there is always a lack of communication that causes these issues that could so easily be avoided. It’s as if no one talks to anyone else and they just do what they want… rarely pulling in the same direction.

It’s possible this is simply an oversight as a transition in management takes place and the current one gets acclimated. It’s also possible there is an ongoing disconnect between the different tentacles that is the Moz octopus. It seems like there is always a lack of communication that causes these issues that could so easily be avoided. It’s as if no one talks to anyone else and they just do what they want… rarely pulling in the same direction.
Any AI tentacled Morrissey octopus images will be shunted to the AI thread - however, blaming Darrin for the idea will be seen as perfectly reasonable.
#justsaying 😅🐙
I'd definitely bet on someone seeing her reminiscing over photos of 10yrs ago (as the article wasn't exactly 'doing the rounds') and that getting distorted somewhere.
FWD.

‘Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.’

now all we need is a gun and a journalist/publication he can trust. The latter might be harder to find.

‘Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.’

now all we need is a gun and a real journalist. The latter may be harder to find.
Der Spiegel probably have a couple of Lugers disintegrating in a dusty drawer.

action-man-german-staff-officer-luger.jpg

This has a similar vibe to that Central statement regarding the initial meeting between Johnny and Geoff Travis, where Morrissey seems to have either misremembered, or got the wrong end of the stick. I'm guessing he thought it was pretending to be a new interview, whereas if he'd stopped for a cursory read of said article, he'd have seen it was a genuine interview from a decade ago.

I’m getting the impression he doesn’t like the photos that have been included in the Instagram post and hasn’t given permission for them to be released, note how they are different to ones originally included in the ‘Wink’ article. No idea why this merited a Central post or why he’s trying to deny the entire encounter took place.

This has a similar vibe to that Central statement regarding the initial meeting between Johnny and Geoff Travis, where Morrissey seems to have either misremembered, or got the wrong end of the stick. I'm guessing he thought it was pretending to be a new interview, whereas if he'd stopped for a cursory read of said article, he'd have seen it was a genuine interview from a decade ago.
Unless he’s suffering from senile dementia, which I doubt, I can’t believe he would forget giving a substantial interview and photography session to a significant publication. He even sites Pestana Palace as the location and heading of the post.

I think it’s more likely he doesn’t want this to be misinterpreted as a NEW interview and a NEW set of pictures. No idea why it matters so much, but that’s Moz I suppose.

I'm Portuguese, and I know the Pestana Palace. It's definitely one of the hotels where Morrissey could stay. In fact, many musicians stay there. The photos look like they were actually taken there. Morrissey was in Lisbon in October 2014; I know because I attended the concert. What I find strange is that the interview isn't signed by the journalist, which is unusual.

Unless he’s suffering from senile dementia, which I doubt, I can’t believe he would forget giving a substantial interview and photography session to a significant publication. He even sites Pestana Palace as the location and heading of the post.

I think it’s more likely he doesn’t want this to be misinterpreted as a NEW interview and a NEW set of pictures. No idea why it matters so much, but that’s Moz I suppose.
Seems a significant difference to say something isn't new (b/c it's almost 10 years old) vs calling it a "hoax" which implies not legit at all.

Last edited:
Another embarrassment…

An interview and photo shoot in Lisbon that people here can trace back gets dismissed as a hoax on Central? If Morrissey does not remember anymore where he was 10 years ago, well that isn’t a good sign to me.
hes dismissing the fact that they are calling it a new interview,ten years IS many years ago.

Maybe part of any new record deal is pre-approval from management before an interview, and this is an assurance to them (and us) that this "new" interview is just a re-post of something from years ago.

Not sure M would agree to anything that strict, but if he never does interviews anyway, it's not really a big pill to swallow.

the interview looks like it was done by a ten year old,first question,where were you born,has he not listened to his music,manchester schools.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom