Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Dog was a notch behind Vauxhall and in fact is his best record since Vauxhall which is the irony. I think Morrissey was on a huge roll. Dog was great, Bonfire is said to be his best work in a very long time, and Without Music seemed very promising. He had Alain back in the band and Alain seems like a down to earth and very caring bloke and I assume a long time close friend. Then as usual the wheels came off the tracks. I guess this is the way he likes it. God only knows. I hope the old guy is doing well he has been a true gift to the world and created some extraordinary music.
In the midst of the mess, I just play Vauxhall, Dog, Maladjusted, or Bona Drag. And I find I can forgive him anything. Even those trousers.

I agree Dog was a notch behind Vauxhall and in fact is his best record since Vauxhall which is the irony. I think Morrissey was on a huge roll. Dog was great, Bonfire is said to be his best work in a very long time, and Without Music seemed very promising. He had Alain back in the band and Alain seems like a down to earth and very caring bloke and I assume a long time close friend. Then as usual the wheels came off the tracks. I guess this is the way he likes it. God only knows. I hope the old guy is doing well he has been a true gift to the world and created some extraordinary music.
Truly appreciate both these posts amongst all the strange venom. Moz did seem like he was on a roll with Dog Chain and some of the new material. I found Rebels Without Applause to be very touching on a personal level. But as you both insightfully stated it's always been this way. After all these years I'm still disappointed and confused why he ended the partnership with Stephen Street. Those songs were so much stronger than Strangeways in my opinion and another all time classic after Viva Hate seemed to be in the cards. Overall he's given so much as an artist that the constant back-biting from posters here seems patently ridiculous. By the age of 30, Morrissey established himself as one of the greatest singers/song lyricists in modern music history, that can never be disputed or torn down. Everything after (Vauxhall, Arsenal, Dog Chain, the many tours and shows) have been incredible achievements and bonuses for fans.

In the midst of the mess, I just play Vauxhall, Dog, Maladjusted, or Bona Drag. And I find I can forgive him anything. Even those trousers.

(y)

The most impassionate song
To a lonely soul
Is so easily outgrown
But don't forget the songs
That made you smile
And the songs that made you cry

When you lay in awe
On the bedroom floor
And said : "Oh, oh, smother me Mother"

You do realise we're not all the same, don't you? I think there were times when the late Mark E Smith, not necessarily desperately ill at the time, did let his fans down (e.g. fights with band members on stage comes to mind)
I think we have reached the point now where many Morrissey fans would prefer to attend a gig that descended into a fight, that spend good money on tickets, travel, accommodation, use part of their annual work holidays and still have to cross their fingers and toes that the gig takes place.

If Morrissey is unwell, I hope he gets better. If he is well and just lying low in a tax haven, I'm sure we soon know about it on social media.

You will be refunded, as per the contract you entered. Not a penny more, but no less.
Not the Argentinians, who will loose more than half the ticktet's worth due to inflation.

Inflation in Argentina is not Morrissey's fault, but if he did what he was supposed to do last September instead of being and a**hole, nobody would lose.

And let's not mention air tickets and accommodation, because some people here think that victims are to be blamed for what others do to them.

I think we have reached the point now where many Morrissey fans would prefer to attend a gig that descended into a fight, that spend good money on tickets, travel, accommodation, use part of their annual work holidays and still have to cross their fingers and toes that the gig takes place.

If Morrissey is unwell, I hope he gets better. If he is well and just lying low in a tax haven, I'm sure we soon know about it on social media.

tax haven :ahhh:

You sound angry and frustrated, these are not nice feelings. You should go out for a walk, breath some fresh air, or listen to some good music ... or bake a cake? You will feel better.
And yes we should always wish a speedy recovery to those we love and who are sick!
Supposing he is sick. As with the dengue story in Mexico, this is likely BS. Physical exhaustion, come on ... if he was sick he wouldn't spend days wandering around Paris.

As for the rest, @TheSmiths_1985 is right. And I'd add another thing Morrissey owes us: respect! If he was sick, ok. But lying over and over again and showing not much but contempt for the fans that continue to follow him is absolutely revolting.

No one put a gun to Morrissey's head to force him to confirm a tour in Latin America and sell tickets.
It's totally his fault.

I recommend that all fans that bought tickets open a judicional legal action in their respective countries AGAINST Morrissey.

we all know where it hurts him: MONEY

Supposing he is sick. As with the dengue story in Mexico, this is likely BS. Physical exhaustion, come on ... if he was sick he wouldn't spend days wandering around Paris.

As for the rest, @TheSmiths_1985 is right. And I'd add another thing Morrissey owes us: respect! If he was sick, ok. But lying over and over again and showing not much but contempt for the fans that continue to follow him is absolutely revolting.

Yes, and I think @TheSmiths_1985 might agree when I say it’s the responsibility of the individual that continue to follow Morrissey, to understand that Morrissey is not responsible for their devotion.

No one put a gun to Morrissey's head to force him to confirm a tour in Latin America and sell tickets.
It's totally his fault.
we don’t know that. Lol.
I recommend that all fans that bought tickets open a judicional legal action in their respective countries AGAINST Morrissey.

we all know where it hurts him: MONEY

Yeah, if the ticket service doesn’t refund your tickets, I guess then there may be cause for legal action(?)

Not the Argentinians, who will loose more than half the ticktet's worth due to inflation.

Inflation in Argentina is not Morrissey's fault, but if he did what he was supposed to do last September instead of being and a**hole, nobody would lose.

And let's not mention air tickets and accommodation, because some people here think that victims are to be blamed for what others do to them.

My first of three cancellations was 29 years ago: Manchester 1995, supporting someone or other. I still blame myself, I should actually have seen it coming.

In hindsight, it had ‘ordered to rest’ written all over it.

we don’t know that. Lol.

Yeah, if he doesn’t refund your tickets, I guess then there may be cause for legal action(?)

I hope that if the fans don't sue him, the producers will do. 400 f***ings gigs cancelled, its a fraud.

Moz is a psycho fraudster

the lists and the recent obit, were reasonably coherent. Though, he’s been making lists and obsessed with dead celebrities, since he was a teen, if not earlier.

Apparently Donnie has an account here - so why doesn't he explain - diplomatically - what the issue is?

Morrissey is not immortal - & having Morrissey's Tour Manager on your CV covering the years where he cancelled all the time & had his reputation completely annhiliated - isn't going to look good.

So, wheel out the mitagation.

The other thing that is so odd about this statement - it is from Morrissey's manager, Morrissey's tour manager indeed, and yet nowhere does it mention the upcoming tour, or express any sentiment towards the thousands of devoted Latino fans who will have bought tickets. Some sites are still selling tickets for the shows in South America. I wonder what percentage of a monthly salary is a ticket to see Morrissey in South America? The statement from Ocesa just mentioned the Mexico City show being cancelled. The tour seems to have been cancelled via a headline in a Tweet from Pogopedia. This isn't management - this is a PR disaster.

Yes, and I think @TheSmiths_1985 might agree when I say it’s the responsibility of the individual that continue to follow Morrissey, to understand that Morrissey is not responsible for their devotion.
Your logic is really twisted.

The artist puts up a show and sells tickets.

The artist doesn't give a f**k and cancels the show giving a lame excuse (more than once).

The ticket holder is to be blamed for buying the ticket.

Really, really strange way of seeing things.

But maybe yes, Morrissey is above good and evil and everyone else who follows him is an idiot. Except his apologists.

I've been thinking out loud about what I'd say to Morrissey if we ever met in person.

First of all, I would thank him very much for the beautiful music that he has created.

Second, I'd let him know that my love of his art, him and the respect for the artist/ human being who creates and expresses it is unconditional.

Therefore, no material inconvenience or frustration whatsoever would make me turn against him.

Take care and get well soon, Moz.

All my love.

🇧🇷🌎

Back
Top Bottom