Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you say something like that? Morrissey was very conscious of his inherited good looks from the get-go. Check Autobiography and interviews. His career boasts more classy portraits and visual footage than most people ever got. Morrissey's always been ready for the camera.
I absolutely agree with this, and thought the same when reading the posts relating to why Morrissey didn't do videos. He was very well aware of how much the camera loved him and never passed an opportunity to pose in front of one.

I absolutely agree with this, and thought the same when reading the posts relating to why Morrissey didn't do videos. He was very well aware of how much the camera loved him and never passed an opportunity to pose in front of one.

I suspect he felt he wasn't attractive enough for videos & Tim made him feel good.
I can't remember whether it was an interview I saw or read, but I recall his saying that his reason for having images from culture on record/CD covers was that he was never happy with the way he looked. Yet there was that book of photos, "Alone and Palely Loitering". So I never know with him, like when he said on the NY tv interview that he was a very humble person (who would only have been satisfied with a year of I assume success/fame). Being honest or joking?

I know now.. someone corrected me already. 🥴 I just remember watching an interview and he said he doesn't like to do them because all the people there aren't all there for him.
I think it turned out to be a good thing for him, people who were there were saying younger people stayed for his set, he goes on last as headliner, and enjoyed him. There's a thread about it here, there's a thread for every live show he does and an archive of previous and upcoming tour dates.

He also played Riot Fest in Chicago in 2021 and 2016, maybe he will again.

I can't remember whether it was an interview I saw or read, but I recall his saying that his reason for having images from culture on record/CD covers was that he was never happy with the way he looked. Yet there was that book of photos, "Alone and Palely Loitering". So I never know with him, like when he said on the NY tv interview that he was a very humble person (who would only have been satisfied with a year of I assume success/fame). Being honest or joking?

I think he's insecure about his looks - but likes it when he thinks he looks good in a photo.

Last edited:
I know now.. someone corrected me already. 🥴 I just remember watching an interview and he said he doesn't like to do them because all the people there aren't all there for him.
Such a funny quote ... because when people would be there just for him he doesn' t show up.

Anyway, both nights at Cruel world were great and there were plenty of fans in attendance.

Such a funny quote ... because when people would be there just for him he doesn' t show up.

Anyway, both nights at Cruel world were great and there were plenty of fans in attendance.

Yeah, I heard that sometimes he cancels shows.

I’m reading Mozipedia, and came across this quote by Morrissey about depression.
“It doesn’t really matter how people try to uplift you. Within me it’s an immovable, strange, genetic medical condition that I have never escaped from."

I’m reading Mozipedia, and came across this quote by Morrissey about depression.
“It doesn’t really matter how people try to uplift you. Within me it’s an immovable, strange, genetic medical condition that I have never escaped from."
I'm quite surprised to read that. I would have thought his depression arose from being himself in the society in which we live. I believe that much anxiety and depression are a response to how people are misunderstood and treated by society, and not due to a deficit in the person. There's nothing "wrong" with the person, it is society that is "wrong". I am not disagreeing though - as you would expect him to know himself well!

I'm quite surprised to read that. I would have thought his depression arose from being himself in the society in which we live. I believe that much anxiety and depression are a response to how people are misunderstood and treated by society, and not due to a deficit in the person. There's nothing "wrong" with the person, it is society that is "wrong". I am not disagreeing though - as you would expect him to know himself well!
In his case he is saying it's his brain chemistry, which is a cause. I do think in the Larry King interview he said he doesn't take anything for it. Some people can't, they have really negative reactions to anti depressants.

He probably has same symptoms as me. We’re both Irish, third gender, humasexuals.

My depression is absolutely chemical. I have no reason to be miserable, but there is a marked difference in my mood when I have sugar or carbs, or if I miss my pills.
If so, he needs to limit the booze.

He referred to himself as ugly in an early interview & there's an anecdote in autobiography when he didn't like the way he looked on a tv monitor.
Only people who already know they look a cut above the rest have the confidence to take issue with compliments.

Back
Top Bottom