New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. As I said above, there is literally nothing there. As much as a 'will this do?' as much of the later output.

I thought, by contrast, that the idea was really fun - this kind of fun, Get off the Stage style scenario. I love that vocal melody on the title line too.

Well, having heard it, I can safely say that the production sucked the soul right out of this and turned it into a plodding thing, and the end is atrocious. Live, I was thrilled that Moz would allow an ending that sounds unhinged, but on the album it's so, so, so-so.

I have pre ordered the physical copy and believe the release date for it is 8th December

Pre 2004.

I think as late career renaissances go, the post-America YATQ, the Roman Ringleaders and the buoyant, jagged YOR were all quite good. Admittedly, I had a real issue with WPINOYB - I thought it was arrogant and rude; lazy lyrically and really annoyingly produced. But I feel like this record is going to swing it a little closer to YOR - it won't be my favourite, but all things considered, idm too much. It is what it is, essentially. All I can do is adapt my feelings.

Well, having heard it, I can safely say that the production sucked the soul right out of this and turned it into a plodding thing, and the end is atrocious. Live, I was thrilled that Moz would allow an ending that sounds unhinged, but on the album it's so, so, so-so.

You see, the thing is, you say something like that on here, an objective, honest appraisal, and you are going to get jumped all over.

You are right of course, but some don't like the truth.

You see, the thing is, you say something like that on here, an objective, honest appraisal, and you are going to get jumped all over.

If I like a song,, I'll say I do. If I don't, I'm not going to blow sunshine up anyone to make friends. I thought it worked live but needed tightening up a fair amount. But this version is just neutered.

with regards to the song. i think its decent. i blasted it through decent speakers and it sounded really good. its a little slow, but its decent enough. not shit by any stretch.

You are one lonely pillock Skinny. You've not said a good word in years.

Could you do any better?
Do you think Morrissey is not trying to make good music?
Do you know 100% this song is about Brexit?

You are so far up your own arse its incredible.

Please reply as you normally dont let my messages be seen when i tell you what a twat you are.

Very funny watching the bots rush to mark posts as 'troll' because one objective opinion has less value than their objective opinion. Numbers on screens. That's what's important, right?

Very funny watching the bots rush to mark posts as 'troll' because one objective opinion has less value than their objective opinion. Numbers on screens. That's what's important, right?

Whys it making you upset then Mr Angry? You're a despicable human being.

maybe just maybe. is it because you are negative about absolutely everything morrissey says or does musically. There is loads of bands i used to like, but i don't sit on their forum pouncing at every given opportunity. just a thought.

Scene six this country is making me sick!

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom