Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

@kiasuchick and modrevolve send the link:

Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork
By Mark Richardson on March 15, 2013 at 09:40 p.m.

Following several reports of Morrissey cancelling shows due to illness, Moz has officially cancelled the remainder of his North American tour. A press release reads:

The remaining dates of the Morrissey U.S. North American tour have officially been pulled down due to medical reasons. The singer has suffered a series of medical mishaps over the past few months including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia.

Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour. Morrissey thanks all of his fans for their well wishes and thoughts. Refunds for the remaining shows are available at point of purchase.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

Take a bow "Ambitious Insider" you predicted this way back in January at the early stage of the tour (Can somebody dig it up and post it again).
There was a line in it like 'Morrissey will be left asking questions of himself '

Pony-the-tony

He probably meant more along the lines of "tonight - pitching or catching?"

"It was a shame we didn't get to say 'good-bye' to each other. But, I want you to know that every moment I spent with you ....during these 3 little spurts of a U.S. tour....was a great joy. It's strange for me to even be able to say such a thing because I've experienced such little of the stuff in my life. But, I thank you for this and the valuable gift of your gaze for the first 30 minutes of each night. The ONLY discomfort has been watching my tour partner struggle with health and struggle with shows slipping through his steel grip will-power to make it all HAPPEN (for you). But, take heart (take mine). It will all HAPPEN again, in some form, and this personal time apart will be a nourishing, healing interval. It might feel crushing at the moment (for me), but it's really just a pebble in the shoe...for us all. And now I'm going to go record a new album and eat lots of extremely sour taffy."

An absolutely heart warming and kind tribute 2 morrissey! :)
Thanks kristeen!
kristeen young is simply wonderfull! Incredible!!!! :)
I instantly liked kristeen from the very first time I seen her live in concert at the royal hall, villa marina!
I just fell under her spell Instantly and completely and hopelessly became devoted forever and ever, Yes I did!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for her new CD album, am gunna order it the very first day it comes out!

Ive just been on face book, Its surprising just who u can find in there, one mearly has 2 look and one shall find LOL :) :thumb:
My facebook proflie is set 2 private at the moment, changed my settings recently, soes you need 2 add me first if u want me as a friend, Yes I know its almost a miracle, but there are sum people who do actually like me !!! !!!!! :)

Last edited:
So according to KY's facebook page (where she mentions concern for his health for the first time ever as it helps her seem more sensitive) Morrissey didn;t have the willpower to make the shows happen. :straightface: She basically says he failed the fans. Oh wait, I mean her "tour partner" failed the fans.

Excuse me, but your bitterness and jealousy are showing.

Re: Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

THANK GOODNESS!

Imagine how hard it must have been for him to be trying to feel good enough to perform, have so much pressure on him to get well, and still feel so bad?

I'm glad he has decided to take care of himself. It must have been a very hard decision.

He will be back. But if he didn't take a break, he might not have.

Get well soon!:thumb:
Morrissey is truely loved by so many people, and not just as a musical Icon, hes far more than that!

It was one of my ambitions and dreams 2 see morrissey live in concert, my very existance depended on it!
So thank you 4 the wonderfull concert at the villa marina! the whole concert was just Incredible, your best ever!!
These smaller concerts are allways the best - FACT!
I wud of paid ANY price 2 be there, I was truley honered and humbled!
Its a delight 2 be in the isle of "woman" - morrissey :)

May perhaps see you live in concert again if this be your destiny!

Take good care and be good to yourself morrissey, get well soon - love ya 4 ever and ever! x :)

Haha, oh he won't like that. Still, he's never exactly been subtle about it, has he?

Well well well I think the smell of lavender warrants a statement from TTY !
When your ready take your time no need to rush.

giggle

Well I am so happy and so unhappy...

happy: that the right decision has been made. Morrissey is a legend. A living legend but still human and he needs to rest. And we have all had flu in 2013 haven't we ? 2013 is the worst year ever for bugs.

unhappy - because I am stuck here in this "existence" listening to shannan and the clams....and The EELS. oh no. oh yes. oh no. I don't believe it.

Guarisci presto,
rispetto

Hazard
uk

Well that's 3 trips from Little Rock to Austin cancelled, but we just want you to get better and hopefully you will play another live tour someday and we will be there! We love you get well soon!
Boxxcar and Boxxcars ol lady:)

Well that's 3 trips from Little Rock to Austin cancelled, but we just want you to get better and hopefully you will play another live tour someday and we will be there! We love you get well soon!
Boxxcar and Boxxcars ol lady:)

Hey, Me too! That drive is no fun.

Your fans will miss you...please get well and give your fans what they crave the most...which is you Moz!

I'm disappointed, but all in all, Morrissey made the right decision. Get well soon! Texas will patiently wait for your return. :)

Sorry to have missed you in the deep south but better take care of yourself first. I have Barretts as well but I don't make a living off my voice, thank goodness for the others around me. I hope to see you in the future in good health and spirit. God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom