Morrissey Says 'The Only Perfect World For Animals Is A World Without Humans' - Huffington Post

Preview excerpts from new Morrissey interview:

Morrissey Says 'The Only Perfect World For Animals Is A World Without Humans' - Huffington Post

Note from article:

The Huffington Post will run a longer interview with Morrissey after his June 27 show at Madison Square Garden. If you're a fan looking to share why you love Moz or what his impact has been on you, please contact Lauren Duca at [email protected].

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I almost always disagree with everything, Mr Barleycorn, you have to say, this kind of discussion is what's been largely absent from this site for too long now.

1. An absence of new material in a year or so means he's given-up on song-writing? Hope you didn't pull a muscle making that leap.
2. A single image of Morrissey singing to a less-than-heaving venue means Morrissey has been reduced to an end-of-pier act? Twang. There goes that hamstring.

But, yeah, Morrissey does have an annoying habit of making his point in the most offensive way possible a lot of the time. But I don't live my life according to Morrissey's opinions, and I've never had an almost-religious experience at a pop concert (not sure that's a reasonable, or healthy, bar to set). I just like the songs and the singing. And I loved the last album (it's a funny thing, taste). Everything else is just a distraction.

This and I have to believe his insistence on including the horrific Meat is Murder video at EVERY concert and now, from what I have read here, disturbing images displayed during other songs. Many here applaud his undying use of such graphic means to thrust his points of view onto the/his audience. But others, perhaps many others, like myself have long since got the point. His fan base is contracting not expanding and aging at an alarming rate (I should know). Many now have children...and do not wish to expose them to footage of animals being slaughtered. Whether they be veg or not. His latest attempts at music sure aren't widening the tent or filling it for that matter. If his goal is to continue to play to smaller and smaller venues with fewer and fewer people, he has the right formula in place.

Do you know what actually pains me the most? That people like you and Barleycunt go to book signings and concerts and Moz talks to you, shakes your hand gives you a hug, is nice to you and has no idea how you are talking about him. It's a disgrace. At least stay away.
I'm defending him, which you could see if you read any if My earlier post But i also can feel sadness for his drastic changes. Get over it i love the man but i love the Smiths Morrissey more. Remember what the lead singer for the band James thought. He also felt sad over the man Morrissey was turning to. I Love Morrissey know but i Love the old Morrissey more.
I Love him and will always support him.I said i'm not the biggest fan of late 2000s Morrissey but i'm still a huge fan of him now and before. But i hated WPINOB. Get that thru that thick head of yours by the way, don't tell me to stay away. I do as i please so :angry:

There is no wrong in loving the old morrissey. I bet a pound that. That if Morrissey was very honest he would have also said that the work he was most proud of was his work with the Smiths and marr.
Anyone would have said that. The Smiths was the best any of them ever was.

Same goes if you ask Paul McCartney if he is proud/Love of this work with the Beatles or the solo stuff the most. It is the period to get out all that you have been storing inside yourself during your adolesence

Honest to god people. Ask yourselfs: Do you really think WPINOB is better than or equal to the early solo stuff of moz and the Smiths?

One last statment, If you don't get that then tough love. I love Morrissey now, morrisseys from the past and Morrissey in the future. I will support him for ever. But i'm a bit disillusioned and sad really over the changes in him. Musically and to a lesser extent personal.

Re: Article: Morrissey Says 'The Only Perfect World For Animals Is A World Without Humans' - Huffington post.

By, for example, telling the world Years of Refusal was his greatest work Morrissey neatly alienated every fan with functioning ears, and caused many to wonder if the old chap had finally lost his marbles. The answer was yes, as we found out as the full horror of the situation became ever more apparent in the years following.

I agree, but at the same time Paul Weller says the same thing for every record he has released the past 10 years and everybody loves and respects him, so....

I'm defending him, which you could see if you read any if My earlier post dumbass. But i also can feel sadness for his drastic changes. I will never be some sychophant. Get over it i love the man but i love the Smiths Morrissey more. Remember what the lead singer for the band James thought. He also felt sad over the man Morrissey was turning to. I Love Morrissey know but i Love the old Morrissey more.
I Love him and will always support him. But i hated WPINOB. Get that thru that thick head of yours
Get a life
Buy the way, don't tell me to stay away. I do as i please so :angry:

Did you tell him that at the book signing? Or did you tell him "Hey I'm Tynamuna from SoLow. Please read my encouraging posts on your career and your private life."? I'm sure he would've been very understanding of you.

Re: Article: Morrissey Says 'The Only Perfect World For Animals Is A World Without Humans' - Huffington post.

Says the man who's been noshing on cheese for the last thirty odd years !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I think he´s no longer a Cheesetarian, having realised that his Legacy would be an avalanche of critiques from those in the employ of The Evil Eavis Dairy Devil Empire calmly pointing out that this man, who claimed to have spent his life working to stop human abuse of animals, endorsed the worst excesses of animal Torture/Slaughter by eating cheese for 33 years whilst publicly proclaiming himself a radical animal rights activist. Of course, he´s no such thing. He modified his message to ensure he would sell to the world as a harmless Vegetarian, who threatens nobody or no systemic processes of animal cruelty, but endorses them. What the f*** does he think happened to the animals that gave him Kerrygold Dubliner cheese on his rider when they no longer produce milk in 'economic' quantities? There's no need or point in rehashing #Cheesegate and the rest of it, he's being devious, truculent and unreliable yet again.

He has NOT confessed to the world the error of his 33 years of Cheesetarian Corpsetarianism, he needs to issue a 'Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa' pretty damn quick or face being put on trial for Crimes Against The Animals. He is trying to conflate and appropriate Veganism as if he's lived a life consistent with his publicly stated views on animal rights, rather than fess up to the absolute hypocrisy and pathetic waste of his years of refusal to join up the dots about cheese. And leather. It's just damage limitation-PR to try and rescue Brand Morrissey from the abyss, but the very act of refusing to publicly confess his enslavement to Carnism and Speciesism for the last 33 years is what now damns him to hell. He thinks he can now 'pose as Veganite' and get away with it. He thinks he can quote Gary Yourofsky and get away with it. f*** that crap. How many animals has he sentenced to death in slaughterhouses by eating cheese and drinking cow milk since he first wrote the lyrics and sang 'Meat Is Murder'? Where is his act of atonement towards those animals? He is a pseud, a crank, a liar and a fraud. And like Ricky Gervais he has absolutely no right in criticising Chinese Corpsetarians for eating dogs when he has spent a lifetime stealing milk from desperate mother cows mourning the loss of their calves. It's best not to consider the fate of the male cows who became veal so Morrissey could eat Dubliner Kerrygold cheese. Of course, we'll get the usual fluffer from Camp Morrissey here in a while throwing down the toy gauntlet of taking this to the wider media, but they know he's a crank and a fraud and will decimate him once he dies and they are free of libel concerns.

f*** Morrissey.
f*** his bullshit fetish that rejects eating meat but endorses 'vegetarianism' as a meaningful compromise with Agro-Fascists.
He has changed nothing, in fact, he has made it all so much worse as his bogus militancy over animal rights means that it's no almost impossible for a vegan child to stand up against Milk Is Murder corporatism. As Mommy and Daddy will just say, "well, Morrissey ate cheese for 33 years"....In fact, he hasn´t even made a public declaration of his commitment to Veganism. He's a total prick but he will be brought crashing to the ground by #VegAnarchyInTheUK as will that other pseud Johnny Rotten. From 76 and the utterly fake punk rebellion to butter adverts and cheesy backstage riders, you couldn´t make it up. The way forward is to celebrate the healing journey to a Vegan Planet. Paying too much attention to Morrissey, other than as a classic example of delusional celebrity, is pointless.

We are getting ready to watch the shows by Ásgeir at Harpa here in Reykjavik. Then we go back to Denmark. We do not hate Vegetarians, or Carnivores, but see them as mentally ill, infested by the mind viruses of Carnism and Specieism. We intend to generate musical memes to change all that. Morrissey won´t get a look in. As for his absurd complaints about Harpa, he can get stuffed. There´s no reason why they should pander to his bizarre selective fetish when he has eaten cheese for 33 years. There's no difference between eating a dog, a cow, a whale or a pig. None. It´s all murder, and so is stealing their bodily fluids to make cheese and butter and all the rest of it.

We have been on glaciers, on black volcanic beaches, in mud baths and spars. We are cooling down after a spa session here at the þhingolt. It's entirely appropriate to interrupt our wonderful break to comment on all this. He should never be allowed to play Harpa until he fesses up to his numerous hypocrisies and stops lecturing others to live a life he failed to live for 33 years whilst singing 'Meat Is Murder'

best
the ghost of BrummieBoy in Reykjavik

http://asgeirmusic.com/

is moz really as stupid as his comments appear to show him to be? without humans the world would be perfect? that animals wont rapidly eat each other.
his problem i think is lack of getting laid.

Although I almost always disagree with everything, Mr Barleycorn, you have to say, this kind of discussion is what's been largely absent from this site for too long now.

1. An absence of new material in a year or so means he's given-up on song-writing? Hope you didn't pull a muscle making that leap.
2. A single image of Morrissey singing to a less-than-heaving venue means Morrissey has been reduced to an end-of-pier act? Twang. There goes that hamstring.

But, yeah, Morrissey does have an annoying habit of making his point in the most offensive way possible a lot of the time. But I don't live my life according to Morrissey's opinions, and I've never had an almost-religious experience at a pop concert (not sure that's a reasonable, or healthy, bar to set). I just like the songs and the singing. And I loved the last album (it's a funny thing, taste). Everything else is just a distraction.

very much agree with this point and your subsequent post

Did you tell him that at the book signing? Or did you tell him "Hey I'm Tynamuna from SoLow. Please read my encouraging posts on your career and your private life."? I'm sure he would've been very understanding of you.

its like talking to a Wall...... Lets end this you are giving me a headache :rolleyes: btw world peace came out after the signing

"The slaughterhouse is the dead end for humanity, and as long as it exists we can't possibly have any hope for the human race," he said. "If you've seen abattoir footage then you cannot possibly think that humans are anything other than evil pests."

On this issue Morrissey speaks the truth. At any given moment, on any part of the globe, an animal is being tortured and killed. Beautiful creatures that love their lives and love their babies are being sexually abused, dismembered while still alive, flayed while still alive, vivisected, eaten alive, stabbed, electrocuted, hung and beaten to death. Poachers have nearly wiped out the magnificent, gentle elephant, leaving wounded animals to die surrounded by the bodies of their loved-ones. The truth is that it's an ongoing nightmare that will probably never end. Most people couldn't care less. Every human that doesn't care, or take action of any kind, is culpable. The rest of us have to do what we can, and live with the fact that it probably won't be enough.

The footage that Morrissey shows during "Meat is Murder" isn't even the worst footage out there. If you watch it though, and let it sink in, it can change you.

Listen to the report below on the sexual abuse of cows on factory farms - they are raped before they are killed and eaten. When Morrissey says things like this he's dismissed as a nut, but it's true. Such footage is being outlawed by the US government - your tax dollars at work:

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/541d986f02a760973f0004eb

I give Morrissey points for this: very few other public figures will openly express such hopelessness when it comes to the human condition. No one wants to hear it, and it doesn't make you any friends. I've been advocating for animals for many years, and when you're confronted with the horrors that humans casually heap upon helpless animals, both wild and domestic, it breaks your heart for good. It curdles your soul. Advocates must be positive, we must insist that the fight can be won, or we'll lose. Morrissey just goes ahead and dives headfirst into the nihilism (not the most constructive route to take). Nonetheless, he speaks the truth, and it comes from a place of pain.

^^^And There Endeth The Thread^^^

"The slaughterhouse is the dead end for humanity, and as long as it exists we can't possibly have any hope for the human race," he said. "If you've seen abattoir footage then you cannot possibly think that humans are anything other than evil pests."

On this issue Morrissey speaks the truth. At any given moment, on any part of the globe, an animal is being tortured and killed. Beautiful creatures that love their lives and love their babies are being sexually abused, dismembered while still alive, flayed while still alive, vivisected, eaten alive, stabbed, electrocuted, hung and beaten to death. Poachers have nearly wiped out the magnificent, gentle elephant, leaving wounded animals to die surrounded by the bodies of their loved-ones. The truth is that it's an ongoing nightmare that will probably never end. Most people couldn't care less. Every human that doesn't care, or take action of any kind, is culpable. The rest of us have to do what we can, and live with the fact that it probably won't be enough.

The footage that Morrissey shows during "Meat is Murder" isn't even the worst footage out there. If you watch it though, and let it sink in, it can change you.

Listen to the report below on the sexual abuse of cows on factory farms - they are raped before they are killed and eaten. When Morrissey says things like this he's dismissed as a nut, but it's true. Such footage is being outlawed by the US government - your tax dollars at work:

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/541d986f02a760973f0004eb

I give Morrissey points for this: very few other public figures will openly express such hopelessness when it comes to the human condition. No one wants to hear it, and it doesn't make you any friends. I've been advocating for animals for many years, and when you're confronted with the horrors that humans casually heap upon helpless animals, both wild and domestic, it breaks your heart for good. It curdles your soul. Advocates must be positive, we must insist that the fight can be won, or we'll lose. Morrissey just goes ahead and dives headfirst into the nihilism (not the most constructive route to take). Nonetheless, he speaks the truth, and it comes from a place of pain.

"As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields." Leo Tolstoi

"I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men. –Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519)"

Moz isn't the only one with these opinions. I could list many more. Do these people get ridiculed like him? I think they wouldn't survive in today's media world.

Morrissey passed Bowie in greatness ages ago. Bowie knew that, thats why he called Morrissey a bell end. Their tour together proved that. Bowie could only wish to be as great as Morrissey. But i agree to an slight extent that Morrissey is sullying his great name with all the one note interviews and the lousy WPINOB and the forced "cleverness". But he has secured his place as one of the 20th centurys greatest lyricists. I think Morrissey needs to move back to London. He needs Londons challenges, musicians. Londons social climate works so well with Morrissey. He would find more interesting people and situations to bitch (god i love him) about and write brilliant songs :)

England suits Morrissey to the teeth even if he sort of despise England. Being "international" has made writing suffer a bit. He needs a better balance. Maybe not move but spend more time.
But Morrissey is at his worst better than most artist out there

PS what old blokes. At moz shows more than half are young

lmao sis i love Moz but let not kidd ourselves, Bowie will always be more important, influential and greater than Morrissey. Tbh i'm not even a big fan of Bowie, but is the truth.

Also,i agree with some of the comments about the decline of his career. i've said this before, but he totally remind me of fat elvis in every sense of the word. It make me sad :(

But i have to say. Seeing picture or vids of early moz and the Smiths are just too painful for me. Its like looking at pictures of a dead loved one. I do think the old Morrissey was out of this world, not even an artist but a messiah of some sort. Its painfully obvious now that he is a artist/entertainer of the british sort :(

Pmsl. "The British Sort"... What like a grumpy drama queen?

I'm defending him, which you could see if you read any if My earlier post But i also can feel sadness for his drastic changes. Get over it i love the man but i love the Smiths Morrissey more. ...

... Honest to god people. Ask yourselfs: Do you really think WPINOB is better than or equal to the early solo stuff of moz and the Smiths?

One last statment, If you don't get that then tough love. I love Morrissey now, morrisseys from the past and Morrissey in the future. I will support him for ever. But i'm a bit disillusioned and sad really over the changes in him. Musically and to a lesser extent personal.

dear tynamuna, in my value system wpinoyb comes right after 'viva hate'.

i think 'viva' is his best of all times.

Good grief! Just who is the intended readership of this rag? "(Note: Abattoir is a fancy/Morrissey-esque word for "slaughterhouse.")". Is it? Is it really? Isn't it the french equivalent of 'slaughterhouse'? Isn't the word in widespread use in the uk? If this is the pitiful level of journalism of this rag then I'll continue avoiding it.

dear tynamuna, in my value system wpinoyb comes right after 'viva hate'.

i think 'viva' is his best of all times.

Viva is brilliant but even over the smiths stuff? My absolute fav solo of moz Is bona drag. I don't care if it's a comp :rofl:
But absolute fave of both the solo and the smiths stuff is the smiths debut. Frankly I have loved everything moz has done even kill uncle(that so many people hate) I respect you opinion anonymouswithapolagies, maybe you can explain to the brilliance of WPINOB? I have my reasons why i dislike it so much but i could be missing something.

Pmsl. "The British Sort"... What like a grumpy drama queen?
I use it all the time it feels right. its subconsciously, like why i sometimes call morrissey liquorice. Every time he pops on the tv i scream: oh its my little liquorice twizzler

One thing i what to though comment on my post before is that every one would have said that the smiths stuff is the best. That is wrong some people like the solo stuff better and i respect that. But i belive that morrissey himself(and me) is most proud of what he accomplished with the smiths.

Do you know what actually pains me the most? That people like you and Barleycunt go to book signings and concerts and Moz talks to you, shakes your hand gives you a hug, is nice to you and has no idea how you are talking about him. It's a disgrace. At least stay away.

What are you on about? I'd cross the road to avoid him. I don't consort with sociopaths.

I agree, but at the same time Paul Weller says the same thing for every record he has released the past 10 years and everybody loves and respects him, so....

Well... I wouldn't go as far as saying everybody, but I take your point. Saturns Patterns, his most recent album, isn't great, and that's after wondering if the possessive apostrophe fell off in the bag.

Weller, famously, is infected with the disease of socialism, and his politics aren't a million miles away from the politics Morrissey espouses. Elvis Costello, another artist I loved many years ago, but in my opinion has faded commercially and, more importantly, artistically in subsequent years, also broadly shares that world view. Their opinions are their affair. I know what they are, and I think they're wrong. The end.

Of the three artists, Weller, Costello and Morrissey, all of whom came to prominence at roughly the same time, only one deigns to shove his personal beliefs down the throats of anyone who will listen. He then wonders why fewer people are listening. He sees no correlation. He was messianic, now he's just preachy.

Well... I wouldn't go as far as saying everybody, but I take your point. Saturns Patterns, his most recent album, isn't great, and that's after wondering if the possessive apostrophe fell off in the bag.

Weller, famously, is infected with the disease of socialism, and his politics aren't a million miles away from the politics Morrissey espouses. Elvis Costello, another artist I loved many years ago, but in my opinion has faded commercially and, more importantly, artistically in subsequent years, also broadly shares that world view. Their opinions are their affair. I know what they are, and I think they're wrong. The end.

Of the three artists, Weller, Costello and Morrissey, all of whom came to prominence at roughly the same time, only one deigns to shove his personal beliefs down the throats of anyone who will listen. He then wonders why fewer people are listening. He sees no correlation. He was messianic, now he's just preachy.

Morrissey's preachy which makes you?

Back
Top Bottom