Morrissey for UK Number 1: FB group

Now being touted as the smiths vs girls aloud. Girls Aloud going for number 1 in same week. The group is getting a bit more press and support now (manchester academy music group, manchester evening news).

Im beginning to think seeing the smiths at number 1 would actually be quite nice. If only to expose a few more people to the wonderful world of the smiths.

Don't really care about the politics anymore. Music charts have changed, whether we like it or not. Can't do anything about that so why not throw our support behind the band we all love (that is why we're all on here, isnt it?)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=231490408007#/group.php?gid=231490408007&ref=mf

What's the best Morrissey group on Facebook to chat? I'm asking for a friend (who wants to join one, but isn't sure where to start) but I'm curious/interested too.

I belong to (but don't post/visit :p): I (truly) love Morrissey and I don 't care what the others think, The Official Smiths and Morrissey Facebook Fan Club, Morrissey-solo and of course, The Frink thread. :thumb:

I guess its how many people actually download the single that counts, not just join the Fb group.

Im guessing downloads bought from abroad don't count.

Ill download it though. Cheaper than my daily copy of the Guardian :thumb:

Not being funny but surely most people on this FB group (I'm not one I hasten to add) have these songs already. I think it is an exercise in futility, a bit like my life actually!

Why not give your 79pence to something worthwhile eg Haiti, the elderly, Portsmouth FC players? Only saying likes.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I can afford the 79p download price and still give to charity (which I do, I hasten to add).

:rolleyes:

What's the best Morrissey group on Facebook to chat? I'm asking for a friend (who wants to join one, but isn't sure where to start) but I'm curious/interested too.

I belong to (but don't post/visit :p): I (truly) love Morrissey and I don 't care what the others think, The Official Smiths and Morrissey Facebook Fan Club, Morrissey-solo and of course, The Frink thread. :thumb:

That's what I thought. We all chat here.

placing this and all similar threads on ignore. did the merge button get stuck? :D

Is there a way that us in the States can buy the song? I'd like to buy it 20xs.

On another note, I've actually sat here and read most of the comments on this thread. It really annnnnoys the f*** out of me how we as Morrissey/Smiths fan can't seem to get along. So much bickering and slagging each others thoughts on the name of the FB group, the reason why this will never work, how RATMs campaign was blah blah f***in BLAH! We shouldn't need a "valid" reason to try and make Moz or Smiths numero uno, they're the BEST f***in band ever. I mean seriously can't we all just get along?

Shoplifters of the world UNITE AND TAKE OVER!

On another note, I've actually sat here and read most of the comments on this thread. It really annnnnoys the f*** out of me how we as Morrissey/Smiths fan can't seem to get along. So much bickering and slagging each others thoughts on the name of the FB group, the reason why this will never work, how RATMs campaign was blah blah f***in BLAH! We shouldn't need a "valid" reason to try and make Moz or Smiths numero uno, they're the BEST f***in band ever. I mean seriously can't we all just get along?

Would you really download it 20 times if you could?:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Why not give your 79pence to something worthwhile eg Haiti, the elderly, Portsmouth FC players? Only saying likes.

Haiti is a worthwhile project to donate to. Portsmouth though, could enough money be raised to make any impact?:D

Jukebox Jury

Would you really download it 20 times if you could?:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, I honestly would. What's $20 bucks? I'll spend that dumbly on two UK mags or going out to lunch with friends. Anything to beat whatever pop bullshit band that was on its way to the top of the charts. If it meant it would increase the chances of the Smiths/Morrissey in defeating them, HELL YEAH:gun:

.... We shouldn't need a "valid" reason to try and make Moz or Smiths numero uno, they're the BEST f***in band ever. I mean seriously can't we all just get along?

If Morrissey makes a new & decent record then I'll unite behind him and do everything I can to convert people - but when it's a song I'm vaguely embarrassed by ("Thats How People Grow Up" I'm looking at you!) then forgive me for letting it flounder. But why should I waste my money to prove something I already know?

Well said :thumb:

Its the reason I don't queue for the barrier anymore at his gigs. The front of the queue is full of self important fans looking down their noses at fans they believe to be "lesser" fans than them.

Can't be arsed with the politics, bickering and petty comments.

Hang on, why the f*** am I still on here then? ;)

Back
Top Bottom