London - Troxy (July 22, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Our Frank / Without Music The World Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
Some drunk bald guy got kicked out 15 mins before Moz came on. He was bothering everyone around him, pushing into everyone, young girl next to me was scared by him. Also kept drunkenly hanging his arms around people’s neck. Gig was decent, but thought the crowd were a bit flat. Seemed like no one knew songs from BOT & WOMTWD.
You can hardly blame the crowd for not knowing songs from two unreleased albums.

Flat crowds, poor setlists, an extremely lackluster band, a bored looking Morrissey paddling right-wing conspiracy theories, 75 minute shows and very expensive tickets and merchandise. And ofcourse still no record deal.

So far this tour is going great.

Flat crowds, poor setlists, an extremely lackluster band, a bored looking Morrissey paddling right-wing conspiracy theories, 75 minute shows and very expensive tickets and merchandise. And ofcourse still no record deal.

Don’t forget a serious bout of unforeseen circumstances in Nottingham.

River clean? Same vibe.
I just gave it another listen earlier and it just doesn’t do it for me. It’s too “modern” sounding to me. Even Moz’s voice, while strong, has a hint of being “too clean”. I think the song will sound dated at some point and I don’t feel Pigsty will. I’ve always thought Pigsty sounded like a multiple act play in some ways and carried an emotion he’s not matched since when the lyrics, music and delivery all combined for the elusive “perfection”.

Honestly looked like he had just overpowered the orderlies and fled the asylum.

Plus side was where I ended up right on the railing, I could stand without obstructing anyone’s view. So I was right in the middle and the only one standing, I’m sure Moz could see me, you can just feel his eyes on you 😆
That sounds about right. 😆 And most of the in-house security team are usually too busy downstairs to give a toss.

That's awesome. I must admit, I could feel his eyes on me too, such a weird feeling!

Got a signed Viva Hate from the merch stall. Still struggling to believe I spent that much!

IMG_4107.jpeg

what a laughable post,have you not watched any of the videos and posts,any setlist is poor where your concerned,band are doing an excellent job,maybe you dont like women is that it.

Got a signed Viva Hate from the merch stall. Still struggling to believe I spent that much!
hmv do frames for albums for ten quid,get it framed and on your wall,cash you cant take it with you.

one of the best versions so far,carmen rocking out at the end,camillas piano to finish the song.iv said before a lot on here dont like this but it always gets a good reception live,me personally i think it is ------ superb,but thats just me.

Nice to see these turned out well. It was a job trying to film anything with the escaped mental patient a few feet to my left.
good job pal,great view of the whole stage and excellent sound.

Pigsty, imo, was the last truly great Moz tune. Have been some really good songs since, but nothing has quite reached the level of this song. It was perfect and while not my favorite song, it may just be the magnum opus of his solo career. I did say it was just my opinion 😜
dneuer everyone is entitled to their opinion,a lot on here wont like your opinion but thats fine as well.

I enjoyed last night. Thought the setlist was well ordered. Perhaps a couple too many new songs and the loss of EDILS was a blow as that is a big crowd pleaser. BOT is a powerful song so no problems with that being in and Istanbul is a good one too.

18 songs is a bit short for the money people have paid though I think.

what a laughable post,have you not watched any of the videos and posts,any setlist is poor where your concerned,band are doing an excellent job,maybe you dont like women is that it.

I know you are one of the Apostles who think every fart of Saint Morrissey should be released as a single. I pity you.

In case you haven’t noticed, Morrissey’s career is a total mess & his new music is subpar at best. No half arsed tour is gonna change that.

What a dick. One thing I have noticed about M gigs is that generally the yobs sit in the circle, but in the stalls, especially at the front, people seem completely sober and different.

Quite literally the opposite experience for me at all the Morrissey gigs I've been to, bar one. Every time I've been at the front I've witnessed fights (one of which involved my friend being punched by a man because she caught Matt Walker's drumstick), scraps, arguments etc. Happened at every one, whether it was my home town (Manchester), Leeds, Hull, London etc etc etc.

When I saw him last, at the Apollo, I just stood at the back and it was lovely and relaxed.

Seemed like no one knew songs from BOT & WOMTWD.

Good joke 🤣. Let's expect non-die hards, who make up most of the audiences, to know shit songs from albums that haven't seen the light of day.

Last edited:
I just gave it another listen earlier and it just doesn’t do it for me. It’s too “modern” sounding to me. Even Moz’s voice, while strong, has a hint of being “too clean”. I think the song will sound dated at some point and I don’t feel Pigsty will. I’ve always thought Pigsty sounded like a multiple act play in some ways and carried an emotion he’s not matched since when the lyrics, music and delivery all combined for the elusive “perfection”.

The whole album sounds dated imo, and it only came out in 2019. I've said it before, but it sounds like Morrissey trying to replicate the sounds of other bands from the noughties (e.g. the Killers, with some noughties New Order added in), but executed really badly and with very obvious auto tuned singing.

It sounds far more dated than anything from Quarry, which used electronic strings sounds as far as I'm aware.

Back
Top Bottom