It’s not about politics

A George Galloway campaign poster highlighting Labour’s morbid death-drive

Attachments

• 5A5187ED-85AC-467C-B65F-8B1371A62F28.jpeg
    5A5187ED-85AC-467C-B65F-8B1371A62F28.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
Probably.

I think we'll work our way out of it, but it's going to take a while.
It just feels stagnant with no momentum whatsoever......

I don’t know what they would / could offer to lost Labour voters/ floating voters.......

I’ll tell you a good policy to have for the next election......

Bring down the retirement age to 62
For all....

I don’t know what they would / could offer to lost Labour voters/ floating voters.......

For all....
62? I heard people from Carlisle retire at 20. You learn something new every day ;)

For all....
1. Criticise lockdowns.
2. Celebrate Brexit.
3. Enjoy landslide.

For all....

We're hyper factional & have money worries. The type of person who can manoeuvre past the party machine is unlikely to have wide appeal.

So as I understand Johnny's post, no British bands were ever able to play in Europe before Brexit? Brexit isn't screwing musicians, as usual it's out of touch politicians who aren't mature enough to sit down and work out a deal that are. After all they managed it pre-Brexit.

So as I understand Johnny's post, no British bands were ever able to play in Europe before Brexit? Brexit isn't screwing musicians, as usual it's out of touch politicians who aren't mature enough to sit down and work out a deal that are. After all they managed it pre-Brexit.
It’s simply extra paper work and hassle. It’s still perfectly possible for bands to play Europe—unless individual nations choose to make life difficult.

And (fairly obviously) it’s the lockdown rather than Brexit that’s destroying the UK’s live music scene—many venues (particularly smaller ones which present opportunities for unsigned acts) won’t be reopening.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, you don't understand Johnny's post at all. Brexit has ruined the freedom of musicians to tour Europe without a shit ton of bureaucracy, paperwork and money.

No, you don't understand Johnny's post at all. Brexit has ruined the freedom of musicians to tour Europe without a shit ton of bureaucracy, paperwork and money.
But the level of bureaucracy, paperwork and money depends on individual EU nation states, and how easy or hard they want to make it for British bands. So any difficulties have no direct relationship with Brexit.

As I understand it, it is the UK that has offered some kind of reciprocity deal to make it easier for all European bands to tour throughout Europe. It’s some European Union members that gleefully want to make life difficult.

None of this gets Brexit off the hook, but Marr’s post is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness gracious me, how did they ever manage in the past?

But the level of bureaucracy, paperwork and money depends on individual EU nation states, and how easy or hard they want to make it for British bands. So any difficulties have no direct relationship with Brexit.

As I understand it, it is the UK that has offered some kind of reciprocity deal to make it easier for all European bands to tour throughout Europe. It’s some European Union members that gleefully want to make life difficult.

None of this gets Brexit off the hook, but Marr’s post is misleading.

It's not misleading. Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden was a vocal Brexit supporter and now he is complaining about the effects of Brexit on musicians. Did you watch the video?

It's not misleading. Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden was a vocal Brexit supporter and now he is complaining about the effects of Brexit on musicians. Did you watch the video?
To be clear he seems to be more complaining about politicians being little pissants, and he'd be right.

Back
Top Bottom