Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure M is aware of people complaining, not only in here, about the lack of variation on the setlist but he just doesn't give a damn. Good for him actually. But will remain the same for the rest of the leg tour. Not his fault but the "musical director" that is, to say the least, incompetent. Can you imagine him playing (trying) Southpaw? He wouldn't know what to do or how.
But in the end, it could be M faults, as he keeps him near and as he ("the director") chooses the "best musicians" for the band.
People in here are right, this is the lowest lineup band ever

I am still trying to figure out how this represents 40 years of his career.

I'm pretty sure M is aware of people complaining, not only in here, about the lack of variation on the setlist but he just doesn't give a damn. Good for him actually. But will remain the same for the rest of the leg tour. Not his fault but the "musical director" that is, to say the least, incompetent. Can you imagine him playing (trying) Southpaw? He wouldn't know what to do or how.
But in the end, it could be M faults, as he keeps him near and as he ("the director") chooses the "best musicians" for the band.
People in here are right, this is the lowest lineup band ever
I do think the band is a lot of the problem, they aren't good and they can't play better songs

11 out of 19 songs were in heavy rotation for his 2022 tour. It’s not an awful setlist…a bit of a plod in the middle though. But with over 200 songs in a catalogue, there are so many gems he could perform. Not sure if it’s laziness, complacency or if the band just isn’t up to snuff.
The current band can't play most of that back catalog. Pretty limited skills, and it's proven.

Now you know how this "40 years" tour is gonna be. Same old setlist. Same visuals. Same stage design. The elderly physically and mentally ill singer and his "band" on autopilot.

Can't you see it's just a cash-grab?

11 out of 19 songs were in heavy rotation for his 2022 tour. It’s not an awful setlist…a bit of a plod in the middle though. But with over 200 songs in a catalogue, there are so many gems he could perform. Not sure if it’s laziness, complacency or if the band just isn’t up to snuff.
I am pretty bored with HSIN, Half a Person, The Loop, Jack The Ripper, IBEH, Our Frank, LMKY and EDILS... I don't like Notre Dame and Telephone Rings is ok but I saw it 3 times last year.

As far as the band goes.. If they can play 5 Smiths songs they can play anything in the catalog. Even if they had to water down some of the Johnny Marr guitar work it would still be awesome. The band (Whyte/Boz/Day/Butterworth) played a guitar only version of TIALTNGO in 2002 and I loved it. Not even close to perfect but it was fantastic to hear.

Johnny Marr can't sing Mozzer's parts in Smiths song in a way that does them justice but they are still great live when he does them.

Tienes razón @Lujan369

Algunas personas ya estaban criticando incluso antes de que comenzara el programa. Pero eso no es nada nuevo para Solo.
Yes, thanks!! They are unbearable!! I don't like to come in here and only see reviews!! I come to see news of the singer I admire, and I see all the time the criticism and criticism of anti-Morrissey people, the truth is exhausting

Now you know how this "40 years" tour is gonna be. Same old setlist. Same visuals. Same stage design. The elderly physically and mentally ill singer and his "band" on autopilot.

Can't you see it's just a cash-grab?
Yeah, I think it is, but people keep falling for it. A lot of people who go, complain afterwards. I also see a lot of people trying to sell their tickets.
It's the same giant ball of suck every time.

Yes, thanks!! They are unbearable!! I don't like to come in here and only see reviews!! I come to see news of the singer I admire, and I see all the time the criticism and criticism of anti-Morrissey people, the truth is exhausting
You just don't get it. People loves M to the core. The criticism isn't hate.
But you must be new about M world, I get it.

Yep, that's true. I was planning on going to every gig when he next plays in the UK, but as many regulars are discovering, it might not be worth it.

You're right. That's the exact issue. He has a tonne of material he could whip out, but chooses not to. I think it's a bit of all three of those plus stubborness and selfishness and probably because it would cost too much in both time and money to get new tracks up to scratch and rehearsed, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s how this site works. You gotta take the good with bad, or just scroll past it. And don’t let it bother you. It certainly doesn’t bother Morrissey anymore.
Haven’t really seen anything too horrible recently. Seems more like people who have been fans for years are slightly disappointed at what is being passed off as a 40 Years of Morrissey tour. If people like it, fantastic…if they don’t, that’s fine too. Not being thrilled to mindlessly lap up any plate of microwaved leftovers Moz hands out doesn’t make someone less of a fan.

“Stop touching me…”

(OP note: FB video added to Vimeo as not viewable otherwise - FWD)

Soon on our screens, footage of catfights in the first rows @ a Morrissey concert, something amusing like real fake catfights between Alexis and Krystle in Dynasty. Stay tuned, friends.

Here are NY ticket prices, I can't imagine how these will sell

View attachment 95696
Got 10th row center right now. I’ve never backed out of going to a Morrissey concert before, so it’s tough.
My wife has only come with me a handful of times and always nosebleed seats so I’m stubbornly holding on still. Trying to think of a Moz concert like pizza…even when it’s bad, it’s still kinda good. 🤣

Haven’t really seen anything too horrible recently.
Agree, it’s subjective.
Seems more like people who have been fans for years are slightly disappointed at what is being passed off as a 40 Years of Morrissey tour.
Yeah I can see that. People seem to have their idea of what the ‘40 Years of Morrissey tour’ should be, and when reality doesn’t align with their imaginations/expectations? then of course, they will be disappointed.
If people like it, fantastic…if they don’t, that’s fine too. Not being thrilled to mindlessly lap up any plate of microwaved leftovers Moz hands out doesn’t make someone less of a fan.

Don’t think the topic of what makes or doesn’t make a fan, was brought up. But I would never say anyone is ‘less of a fan’ for not having their expectations met.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom