Morrissey Central "Gold." (April 29, 2023)

Unknown-2.jpeg

The Smiths single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' has certified as Gold in the UK, selling over 400,000 copies.

0be15b93-37f3-466a-b522-f567b4bd610f.jpg

I'm confused, who's buying it now? Surely it's been out of print for decades? Or is this just some kind of streaming award? :unsure:

I'm confused, who's buying it now? Surely it's been out of print for decades? Or is this just some kind of streaming award? :unsure:
Old sales + subsequent streams (streaming isn't 1 for 1) = Gold @ 400,000 (singles/UK).
Just to add to the fun, it varies by country.
FWD.

including youtube?

Old sales + subsequent streams (streaming isn't 1 for 1) = Gold @ 400,000 (singles/UK).
Just to add to the fun, it varies by country.
FWD.
I guess I'm just an old-fashioned luddite, but I'm not sure how including steams can be described as 'selling' over 400,000 copies - seems more like including radio plays to me. As someone who always used to know the top 40 and felt it meant something (even if I hated some of the songs) I find the whole chart/sales system baffling these days.

I guess I'm just an old-fashioned luddite, but I'm not sure how including steams can be described as 'selling' over 400,000 copies - seems more like including radio plays to me. As someone who always used to know the top 40 and felt it meant something (even if I hated some of the songs) I find the whole chart/sales system baffling these days.
'Streams' have counted towards 'sales' since about 2014.
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom