gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in another thread, which may get lost, so thought I'd put it here too, given the conversation:

There are thousands of bands touring at any given time - from dingy basement clubs to huge stadiums and everything in between - and there simply isn't an artist or band who calls off shows as callously as Morrissey has always done. It simply doesn't happen with the frequency and regularity that it does with Moz.

All bands view a cancellation as the last resort and will work through the sniffles or a hangover or a technical issue or whatever the case may be so that the show goes on.

Morrissey, on the other hand, cancels shows as a standard operating procedure. As the numbers show.

I’ve seen him about 35 times and only once had a show canceled on me, so I can count myself lucky.

Yeah. Though I think the real issue is that he doesn’t really explain or give a reason to any cancellation that would be suitable to the fans,
and so that rubs people the wrong way. Which, is understandable.

Though in regards to articles on the matter, it’s good clickbait, as no one’s really interested in how many shows he’s played, and how important those shows have been to people over the years.

I posted this in another thread, which may get lost, so thought I'd put it here too, given the conversation:

There are thousands of bands touring at any given time - from dingy basement clubs to huge stadiums and everything in between - and there simply isn't an artist or band who calls off shows as callously as Morrissey has always done. It simply doesn't happen with the frequency and regularity that it does with Moz.

All bands view a cancellation as the last resort and will work through the sniffles or a hangover or a technical issue or whatever the case may be so that the show goes on.

Morrissey, on the other hand, cancels shows as a standard operating procedure. As the numbers show.
Treats his fans like shit, alienates record labels and then wonders why he can't get a record deal now.

The man is impossible.

He needs a close friend to tell him he's acting like an absolute dick and to sort himself out. Sadly, nobody in his inner circle appears to possess a spine.

Yes Men On The Payroll

Last edited:

Absolutely agreed.

As I've said elsewhere, been going to gigs for years 20 years, and the only two acts to cancel were Morrissey and Paul Weller. Paul Weller himself didn't actually cancel - Jodrell Bank did, as the place had been waterlogged due to unexpected overnight rains.

Morrissey, as ever, cancelled because he got the sniffles. Now, I could understand if he was really ill, but I've seen many bands perform when their singers have the sniffles and they just carry on, putting on a decent show. Morrissey, on the other hand, cancels and calls in sick at the drop of a hat. The Noel Gallagher anecdote says it all - lies about being unwell, treats his fans like shit.

I guess the conclusion is, that Morrissey (hate or love him) must be a different kind of artist and person ? Which is why so many do hate or love him. I always found it strange when people try to make comparisons between him and other musical acts, etc.

Not new not old, just living very far from the UK and the US experience of Morrissey.

A bit naive and loving fan, maybe?

A bit less blase, maybe?

You choose.

I'll go for the naïve option, please. Thank you.

I guess the conclusion is, that Morrissey (hate or love him) must be a different kind of artist and person ? Which is why so many do hate or love him. I always found it strange when people try to make comparisons between him and other musical acts, etc.
I’m always surprised to see how so many complain about him canceling shows or parting with band members or record companies.

Are they all new fans? Or do they just play dumb?

He’s been doing that for his entire career. And will continue to do so for the next decades.
Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.

I’m always surprised to see how so many complain about him canceling shows or parting with band members or record companies.

He’s been doing that for his entire career. And will continue to do so for the next decades.

Yeah, It think it’s difficult for a lot of people to accept individuals that refuse to play the game.

It’s a rum do when you have the train ticket, the hotel booking, the concert ticket and the overdraft alerts on your phone—and yet you’re still thinking the event itself is a fifty-fifty.

Yeah, and an (un-validated) c.22.92%?
It's nowhere near a quarter, is it? Pfft...

Cancelling gigs/band personnel leaving? Possibly. Although probably not for decades. You do concede that he first needs a record deal before that relationship hits the fan.

I just thought it was pretty clear cut where the poster had seen them as they stated "ye olde trippe [sic] to jerusalem", yet you asked "So they were in Nottingham then...?".
I thought you were pretty clued up on history, pubs, and such...

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem

Yes I know it been in a few times (although you clearly haven't) hence I said so they were in Nottingham then.

For the avoidance of doubt, here's the context:

I'm 57 years old and have been to 30 Morrissey/Smiths gigs over the last 35 years. I've shouted out twice during that time. The first was to ask about Alain, after Alain stopped touring 15-20 years ago. The second was at Portsmouth 2 nights ago. Unless you have followed Morrissey from your teenage years, perhaps it's hard to imagine quite how difficult it is to see Morrissey morph from someone you admire to someone Morrissey himself would have despised in 1983.

Morrissey has let us all down, and it's hard to take.

57...and shouting stuff out!? Dios mio!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom