gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You just know the new hires are receiving countless emails and text messages from colleagues saying something along the lines of …”you know what you signed up for when you took the job”

I reckon this must be a record for soonest cancellations with new hires, what is it here, 2 or 3 shows in before they earn their cancellation egg on face stripes?

Let this be the last incident to occur for at least 4 months.

No they were not playing on top of AWs work. You could clearly see they were playing their own parts, last night anyway.
I can't speak about Israel gigs, as I wasn't there . Going by the YouTube videos the band were finding their feet on the first night and it did seem a bit off , I would have thought if they were playing over tracks it would have sounded better ?
Is it common in M camp then, to play on recorded music ?
I wish Alain and Boz would have fecking played over Johnny's music back in the day, I can remember they butchered shoplifters etc time and time again.
Does AW often play over over people's music ? Not having a fecking dig, just never heard mention of a proper band playing over recorded music .
Certainly if you never heard of anything it didnt happen. A lot of bands play over backing tracks, New Order is just one. Not sure what your problem with dneuer is since this the second time you have attacked him in a week, but ir's clear you are jealous that he actually knows people, knows Alain and gets real information which he graciously shares, he also takes the time to answer questions. As opposed to you know, you and your lies. Not only can you not speak about the Israel gigs, you can't speak about anything, you never even know which country you are supposedly in.

Last edited:
He'll be heckled even more in future if those scumbags know it'll have an impact. As far back as I started attending Moz concerts (back on the Kill Uncle tour) I always remember a certain % of lower class scumbags making their presence known. There's been an element of that at every Moz concert I've ever gone to. Far more scumbags than I'd see at a Cure/Pixies/ Depeche Mode/Weller/Bowie/Suede concert. The only comparable artist is New Order who always seem to attract a % of drunken laddish skinhead louts. Now, anyone can say that a certain % of thugs are at every concert regardless of the artist, but after 30+ years of concert-going I notice it a lot more at Moz.
Interesting. Well, a lot of aggressive people on this forum, so maybe it's not surprising lol. In any case he must be used to it, very much doubt it would cause him to cancel any shows, especially since he shared that enthusiastic message about Portsmouth.

Anyone knows if there really were many hecklers? Or just the idiot who posted here and the one shouting "Johnny Marr"? Cause if that was all it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Sorry for everyone who had tickets. It was sold out too. Hopefully it will be rescheduled.

No they were not playing on top of AWs work. You could clearly see they were playing their own parts, last night anyway.
I can't speak about Israel gigs, as I wasn't there . Going by the YouTube videos the band were finding their feet on the first night and it did seem a bit off , I would have thought if they were playing over tracks it would have sounded better ?
Is it common in M camp then, to play on recorded music ?
I wish Alain and Boz would have fecking played over Johnny's music back in the day, I can remember they butchered shoplifters etc time and time again.
Does AW often play over over people's music ? Not having a fecking dig, just never heard mention of a proper band playing over recorded music .
Not keen on the lyrics to the new song but AWs music is great
Is the rest of the LP in that funky 70s disco mode? I wish the new music would get fecking released, already.

Back to the line up I really think the girls are good . Most people who go to Ms gigs have no clue about the band they are really just there for M. So I don't think the majority miss Boz or AW or whoever that much. Mostly it's the usual "where's Johnny fecking Marr", if anything . I did enjoy the gigs with AW last year . The band were great . So I was worried when two of them left . But last night was fire .credit where it's due Jesse has quite a nice little unit. They just need to redo the set list, maybe
little Man What Now
Maladjusted
Last Night M Street
Trouble loves me
Spring Heeled Jim
Suffer Little Children
Mute Witness
A Rush and a Push
NF Disco
River Clean
I live in Oblivion
Break Up The Fam
You Just Haven't earned it yet baby
I thought You were dead .
I wish You Lonely
He knows I'd love to see him
Lucky lisp
Queen is Dead .
Encore -
Disappointed
November Spawned Monster
(Most will be better served skipping the following. Just the ramblings of a middle-aged fan with too much time on his hands. You’ve been warned…)

To be clear, I’m NOT suggesting they were. It wouldn’t be unheard of it it took place. I do know (and mentioned previously here) that Alain went through many of the songs and provided other backing tracks for songs that were used when they played like when he was in the band. With the new additions, especially under the time constraints to get up to speed, I was just saying it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did it with what he played, too. Again, only to supplement the sound… not talking Milli Vanilli with instruments.

It’s funny about him and Boz… can’t speak for Boz, but Alain is on record as admitting they were a bit ropey early on (and maybe they would have benefited from playing over pre-recorded bits 😃). To be fair, much of Johnny’s stuff has been butchered over the years by various players lol

The record… you’ve heard as much of it as I have. I’m only familiar with the demos and the songs changed so much from them that I’m not sure I’d recognize them. It is my understanding that M was definitely interested in a shift, musically and had a clear idea of the vibe he wanted. You’re hearing it in the songs that have been played. They apparently do have a very 70’s influence on the final mixes. It wasn’t what Alain was expecting but he says it’s objectively a VERY good record and dissimilar bro anything M has done previously.

Band… I’ve only listened to a handful of tracks via YouTube. They are all talented and accomplished musicians. Definitely no slouches. My opinion and only MY opinion, they’re more than adequate as a backing band at this stage, but not as good (yet) as the previous incarnation. Just felt like a roller coaster to me at times. They’re literally only three shows deep and will obviously get better over time.

The only thing I’d disagree with you on is the fans being there not caring who was backing M. And it’s only on a technicality, maybe. M has shed a good number fans over the years because they lost interest the 10 plus yrs prior to Alain coming back. Many comments here and elsewhere suggested it was the best the band had sounded in years. A lot of fans started coming back to the shows after hearing
said comments and hearing the clips. I was fortunate to attend a lot of shows during AW’s return and talked to a lot of fans here (US) and in the UK primarily. I lost count how many told me they were old school fans like myself that hadn’t seen M for years but we’re excited again. There was a spark again! The San Luis Obispo, CA show was as close to one of the old school M shows from the 90’s as there’s been. It was definitely on an upward trajectory and had tons of momentum. Then Spanner-In-The-Works Management™️ started mucking about. I digress lol
Seriously, I think you’re right. There is a percentage of the fans that are there to see M and only M. There are some that in a sense do care who is playing, but only care that the sound is great, but M will still be the focus. Definitely a higher percentage that don’t care these days, but I’d speculate that most of that lot are newer fans (the second half of his solo career) as well as taking into account old schoolers dropping out and not being there. Many weren’t there when it all started so there isn’t that emotional attachment. Some didn’t even know Alain wrote many of their favorite songs until he was back. Of course, some of it is pure nostalgia, but (again, personal opinion) with no members from the original line up, something is lacking and it’s more like M and session players (not a slight as they’re VERY talented). Maybe he’s not only ok with that, but prefers it. IIRC, he didn’t even introduce the band, what was it… the last four shows of the previous tour? I personally think he does himself a disservice (not that he asked lol) by not championing the band no matter who is in it. A band the fans are invested in makes him look even better and I’m not sure he sees it that way. As I’ve stated before, he’s done pretty well for 40yrs without my direct input!

Won’t go into the specifics of the set lists a you could ask 100 people and get 100 different lists. I’m totally on board with shaking it up (and they very well may, come South America) and love some of the stuff you chose.

If any of you have read all this, get a life. There are better things you could have done with your time just now 😉

Also if it's an illness in the band then how can they be so sure the Leeds gig, just three days away, won't be cancelled as well?

This whole thing stinks.
Maybe because that would be enough time to hire a replacement, or figure out and practice a different arrangement for the songs.

(Most will be better served skipping the following. Just the ramblings of a middle-aged fan with too much time on his hands. You’ve been warned…)

To be clear, I’m NOT suggesting they were. It wouldn’t be unheard of it it took place. I do know (and mentioned previously here) that Alain went through many of the songs and provided other backing tracks for songs that were used when they played like when he was in the band. With the new additions, especially under the time constraints to get up to speed, I was just saying it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did it with what he played, too. Again, only to supplement the sound… not talking Milli Vanilli with instruments.

It’s funny about him and Boz… can’t speak for Boz, but Alain is on record as admitting they were a bit ropey early on (and maybe they would have benefited from playing over pre-recorded bits 😃). To be fair, much of Johnny’s stuff has been butchered over the years by various players lol

The record… you’ve heard as much of it as I have. I’m only familiar with the demos and the songs changed so much from them that I’m not sure I’d recognize them. It is my understanding that M was definitely interested in a shift, musically and had a clear idea of the vibe he wanted. You’re hearing it in the songs that have been played. They apparently do have a very 70’s influence on the final mixes. It wasn’t what Alain was expecting but he says it’s objectively a VERY good record and dissimilar bro anything M has done previously.

Band… I’ve only listened to a handful of tracks via YouTube. They are all talented and accomplished musicians. Definitely no slouches. My opinion and only MY opinion, they’re more than adequate as a backing band at this stage, but not as good (yet) as the previous incarnation. Just felt like a roller coaster to me at times. They’re literally only three shows deep and will obviously get better over time.

The only thing I’d disagree with you on is the fans being there not caring who was backing M. And it’s only on a technicality, maybe. M has shed a good number fans over the years because they lost interest the 10 plus yrs prior to Alain coming back. Many comments here and elsewhere suggested it was the best the band had sounded in years. A lot of fans started coming back to the shows after hearing
said comments and hearing the clips. I was fortunate to attend a lot of shows during AW’s return and talked to a lot of fans here (US) and in the UK primarily. I lost count how many told me they were old school fans like myself that hadn’t seen M for years but we’re excited again. There was a spark again! The San Luis Obispo, CA show was as close to one of the old school M shows from the 90’s as there’s been. It was definitely on an upward trajectory and had tons of momentum. Then Spanner-In-The-Works Management™️ started mucking about. I digress lol
Seriously, I think you’re right. There is a percentage of the fans that are there to see M and only M. There are some that in a sense do care who is playing, but only care that the sound is great, but M will still be the focus. Definitely a higher percentage that don’t care these days, but I’d speculate that most of that lot are newer fans (the second half of his solo career) as well as taking into account old schoolers dropping out and not being there. Many weren’t there when it all started so there isn’t that emotional attachment. Some didn’t even know Alain wrote many of their favorite songs until he was back. Of course, some of it is pure nostalgia, but (again, personal opinion) with no members from the original line up, something is lacking and it’s more like M and session players (not a slight as they’re VERY talented). Maybe he’s not only ok with that, but prefers it. IIRC, he didn’t even introduce the band, what was it… the last four shows of the previous tour? I personally think he does himself a disservice (not that he asked lol) by not championing the band no matter who is in it. A band the fans are invested in makes him look even better and I’m not sure he sees it that way. As I’ve stated before, he’s done pretty well for 40yrs without my direct input!

Won’t go into the specifics of the set lists a you could ask 100 people and get 100 different lists. I’m totally on board with shaking it up (and they very well may, come South America) and love some of the stuff you chose.

If any of you have read all this, get a life. There are better things you could have done with your time just now 😉
You are delusional if you think fans returned to see Alain Whyte. That’s balderdash.

I have been to two Cure shows and though I loved every minute, it did seem to drag on a bit. Maybe an hour and half show would be better? I mean, I’m old now, so with the massive crowd and the parking and the heat and then a two and and half hour show on top of all that, I’m exhausted for the next three days.

I think Morrissey’s shows are great in length and usually I go really early to queue so parking is no big deal or I already have a seat, so I don’t have to worry about anything but getting there. I just wish his set lists would change as he has such a vast catalog. Not sure why he sticks to the same songs over and over again. But, having said all of that, he should book shows based on how he knows he’s going to feel. If back to back is too much, then it’s too much - and that’s okay.

I am not Fiona. I could believe a few dozen people who spend time on this site were happy to see him return. But it’s a highly delusional reach to suggest that Alain is the secret sauce to M’s success.

People go to see M sing. This has always been the case.

I have nothing against Alain and think he’s a good musician.

I look forward to seeing the new band play together. The girls are cute. They look good.

You are delusional if you think fans returned to see Alain Whyte. That’s balderdash.

I can only speak for myself but I punted for a Morrissey ticket for the first time since 2015 after Alain returned. Then, fittingly, M canceled a gig I was going to attend for the fourth time (Milwaukee 2022).

Last edited:
I am not Fiona. I could believe a few dozen people who spend time on this site were happy to see him return. But it’s a highly delusional reach to suggest that Alain is the secret sauce to M’s success.

People go to see M sing. This has always been the case.

I have nothing against Alain and think he’s a good musician.
Ok, Fiona. You obviously don't know a lot of Morrissey fans or what they like or want.

Last edited:
"Thank you Ports Mouth Strikes Again"

day later he cancelled Nottingham, but on some videoclips of Portsmouth you see if it looks like Morrissey had it cold ... whatever we've been through this, and it will only stop if he trows the towels and retire. So sad for you @ Nottingham :(

I have been to two Cure shows and though I loved every minute, it did seem to drag on a bit. Maybe an hour and half show would be better? I mean, I’m old now, so with the massive crowd and the parking and the heat and then a two and and half hour show on top of all that, I’m exhausted for the next three days.

I think Morrissey’s shows are great in length and usually I go really early to queue so parking is no big deal or I already have a seat, so I don’t have to worry about anything but getting there. I just wish his set lists would change as he has such a vast catalog. Not sure why he sticks to the same songs over and over again. But, having said all of that, he should book shows based on how he knows he’s going to feel. If back to back is too much, then it’s too much - and that’s okay.
I've seen both The Cure and Paul McCartney (who do near 3 hour shows) and I've loved those and didn't feel that they dragged on at all.
That said, I haven't felt like Moz shows have been too short or felt short changed. Would love them to be longer, mind you.

To clarify, it was not specifically suggested that they returned to see AW in my post. It was upon hearing that the band were as good as they’d sounded in years. Of course he was part of that band. Take from that what you will.
Anecdotally, I know people that were back at shows because he’d returned. I wouldn’t suggest there was a large percentage of fans that did this, though, regardless of how much more applause he got during the rare band introductions. It was obvious there was a connect with the fans and we’ll just leave it at that.

It was really stupid to say 2 nights is too much for him when his contemporaries are out there playing back to back for hours.
Paul McCartney played Glastonbury last year at 80. He probably didn't get pissed in Portsmouth the night before either. For someone who bangs on about not having a record deal, he fails to understand that money is made from touring and by disrespecting fans by not being professional, he will lose his remaining fan base.

I need to get a life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom