Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you couldn’t be bothered watching:

- had bonfire of teenagers backdrop
- said that Capitol have offered to give the album back to him for a certain amount of money
- said he wasn’t sure when it would come out, depends on how long it takes for them to return it to him
- said Miley’s manager doesn’t want her on the album. said he doesn’t think she would have changed her mind about it now it’s been two years
- said the album was an album of it’s time and was important/personal to him (his mother’s death, right?)
And Covid.

He really is the most remarkable, interesting human being alive. God forbid he was tempting fate with that comment about assassination. Pay the dollars back Moz and get the album out (Personally I think there's a great album by piecing together both albums rather than two average ones)....
I'm greedy. I want them both in full.

Firstly, 100x better than any FiDo interview ("Are you always as brilliant as everyone thinks? / Why is the press trying to silence your greatness?"). Anyway, encouraging that he's considering buying BOT back. Still don't know how he'll release it. Maybe that's what he's trying to do line up a deal ahead of buying it back? I've missed this Morrissey. Let's hope it's a sign of what's to come.

I have lived in New York City for way too long. I used to adore it here, once upon a time, a long time ago that is now far, far away. Now I only dream of escaping the place. It's become a filthy slum filled with people that would have been institutionalized or jailed decades ago. And those are the decent people.
I can understand that. The perspective is certainly different if you live there. As someone who pops in and out I really do love it.

I think this was a great interview and I think Morrissey looked really well. I wish he would do more stuff like this. I think the interviewer was pretty nice too and very cool to Moz. I really enjoyed watching this. The song was great too. If I was in New York I would be at one of those shows. I’m really jealous because I didn’t get to see our Mozzer this year. I hope those of you who get to see Moz have a really great time.

Enjoyed the interview, he looked really well and seemed quite cheerful. I think 'Telephone' is a bit of a weak song but it's better than a poke in the eye :squiffy: Hopefully he will buy back his album and go down the self-release route.

'They [Capitol] are now prepared to give it back to me for a certain price'.
So is he suggesting that this wasn't previously the case? And that Capitol's position has now changed?
Does this explain Moz Central posting all those comments about the fate of Bonfire being unknown?

Dries van Noten, as usual

I'm very happy to see M appearing where others besides fans might see him. I'm not sure the song he chose will draw in many people, but personally I'm starting to really like it and I think it's really catchy. And finally my optimism about an album release has some justification!

So is he suggesting that this wasn't previously the case? And that Capitol's position has now changed?
Does this explain Moz Central posting all those comments about the fate of Bonfire being unknown?
Correct me if Im wrong, but if this certain price was always the case, he wouldnt post about them ruining his carrier. Or idk, maybe he would

Such a cute interview! I loved the enthusiasm the lady had about Moz (the way she laughed about We Hate It! So adorable) and how sweet she was. Wonderful!

Also Moz saying he's pathetically humble:
20231020_115223.jpg

I think this is his way of backing down. He has realised he can’t bully them into releasing it, so he’s considering buying it back. What he would do with it is anyone’s guess, as no record label is ever going to touch him ever again.

Or he's been caught out lying and is acting like Capitol just recently offered to sell the album back to him. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom